Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Losing It

This is about trying, and often failing, to keep it together after a series of personal tragedies and setbacks.

Comments

• Nice, cool fractal art too.

• edited September 2022

Beautiful composition! Very well though out, organized, and executed.

Edit - I could write a book about personal tragedy. Hang in there!

• Cool composition!!

• @Poppadocrock , @magnusovi , @Paulieworld Thanks much.

@Paulieworld - “I could write a book…” But we tell the story with music instead don’t we? We are all here fortunate that we have the ability and the tools to do that. For me it’s like a pressure release valve. I suspect it might be similar for you.

• edited September 2022

Wow, that’s excellent, indeed. Great sound choices… where do they come from? Love everything about it.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Great sound choices… where do they come from?

Thanks man. Everything was done in Nanostudio 2 using only the one built in synth and drum machine. Obsidian is a beast of a synth. Extremely flexible and customizable, and I customize all the sounds for their specific context. I will often use several different versions of a patch with subtle differences. E.g. slightly different envelopes or filter or LFO. Tedious but apparently worth the effort based on your kind comment. Thanks again for listening.

• This is a very well written, played and produced piece @boomer. Really enjoyed it.

• Tight. How do you compose in a DAW?

• @Ben thanks for listening and your comment.
    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr. Thanks. Not sure how to answer. Do you mean how do I approach composing in general or what is my workflow in a DAW. Could you be more specific? Maybe a good discussion topic. I could probably talk for days about this. Bet others could too.

• @boomer said:
    @Ben thanks for listening and your comment.
    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr. Thanks. Not sure how to answer. Do you mean how do I approach composing in general or what is my workflow in a DAW. Could you be more specific? Maybe a good discussion topic. I could probably talk for days about this. Bet others could too.

Being a boomer, I learned to compose on the big paper. I’ve never really learned how to do it in a daw. I tend to just jam non-stop until I get lucky. I always like to hear how other musicians pull a track together.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@boomer said:
    @Ben thanks for listening and your comment.

Being a boomer, I learned to compose on the big paper. I’ve never really learned how to do it in a daw. I tend to just jam non-stop until I get lucky. I always like to hear how other musicians pull a track together.

My big paper is the piano roll and that's where I compose. Looks a bit different but basically works the same way.
    I like piano rolls that have realtime note preview so I can immediately hear what I'm drawing.
    Sometimes I prefer to record live what I'm playing (lines with pitch bending or SWAM instruments for example).

Great track @boomer! And thumbs up for doing it all inside NanoStudio.

• @boomer said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Great sound choices… where do they come from?

Thanks man. Everything was done in Nanostudio 2 using only the one built in synth and drum machine. Obsidian is a beast of a synth. Extremely flexible and customizable, and I customize all the sounds for their specific context. I will often use several different versions of a patch with subtle differences. E.g. slightly different envelopes or filter or LFO. Tedious but apparently worth the effort based on your kind comment. Thanks again for listening.

👌👍 Congratulations, Steven. I really liked listening to this.

Also, these are the moments that make you realise that this forum is much more about music apps than actual music making (not that there's anything wrong with that) - because what you really need in order to make music on your iPad is apparently 10 dollars + time + talent. And that's if you don't use Garageband and decide to splash out on an NS2 sale instead. 🙂

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr. I learned on the big paper too. Ipad is much much more fun. It does require a certain technical mind set to get started. But once you are fluent with the tool, it makes the whole process infinitely more efficient and satisfying. More on this below.

@rs2000. Yes that is an excellent analogy. Piano roll as staff paper. And my workflow sounds very much like yours. Thanks!

@ervin a profound statement that I could not agree more with. To take it further, you don’t even need an iPad to make music either. I have known a couple of true musical geniuses. Their main advantage over the rest of is that they were born with, and subsequently worked hard to nurture, the ability to hear what they are writing in their heads before it even makes it to the big paper. Kind of a built in DAW that provides instant feedback on where they are so far. What the technology allows the rest of us to do is to offload that deficiency to a machine and then skip the big paper entirely. We all can now listen to the final result in real time just like they can. It’s just a tool that makes our musical goals easier, or even possible to achieve. Now that we have so many enabling tools, maybe this forum should include a little more about the music making process.

• Great track and sounds, hints of Tomitas Snowflakes are Dancing, a bit of Wakeman, a dash of the Cantina scenes in Star Wars. Enjoyed it a lot.