Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BYOD - FREE From Chow DSP

2»

Comments

• I’m a bit confused about the Stereo Splitter module, it says that it converts the signal into two mono signals. So, it’s converting the Sides signal (mid-side mode) into a mono signal as well, putting a mixer after it gives back a mono signal.

• Update!

• edited September 2022

I just hit a funny snag with BYOD as AUv3 in AUM. I added it to an AUM session, configured it, and saved the AUM session. When I restore the AUM session, BYOD seems to run (input and output meters move), but the GUI is completely unresponsive. And this applies to any attempt to load BYOD in this instance of AUM, in a new channel or any other way. It is like restoring that AUM session has poisoned BYOD. If I force-quit AUM, restart it, and just load BYOD, it works fine.

This problem may be due to loading a custom IR file to the Amp IR module. That's the only mildly unusual thing I did.

Edit: That may be it. I reconstructed the session without the custom IR and it saves and restores fine. With or without the Amp IR, but no Custom IR.

• Can anyone else confirm that the dry/wet control, although exposed in AUM,does not actually change the value in the plug in?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Can anyone else confirm that the dry/wet control, although exposed in AUM,does not actually change the value in the plug in?

Works for me

• @espiegel123 said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Can anyone else confirm that the dry/wet control, although exposed in AUM,does not actually change the value in the plug in?

Works for me

Yea, weird I restarted AUM and now it works. I find the CHOW stuff to be a bit like that... Weird ui redraw issues occasionally, resource spikes out of the blue...

• A big update today for BYOD (from ChowDSP)! Lots of new modules added to this (free!!) app. I am particularly pleased with the two new modulator-modules. Although there is no way I can get the first one (the Midi Modulator) to connect to my midi controller! It has a Learn function, but it doesn't respond to anything... The second one (the Param Modulator) works fine with my midi controller connected (in AUM) via the Midi Routing matrix.
    BYOD doesn't expose a 'direct' midi-connection and is therefore invisible in AUM's Midi Routing matrix.
    My question: has anyone managed to control the Midi Modulator with a midi controller? And if so: how?

• Have been looking for the simplest of MONO-iser's recently. Beatmaker has one via its stereo widener plugin. but i was hoping to find something to use while demoing Loopy Pro. Had the thought to look in BYOD thinking perhaps it was listed as a utility module, only ti find that merely instantiating the plugin converts a stereo signal to mono.

Couldn't be any easier :)

• @el_bo said:
    Have been looking for the simplest of MONO-iser's recently. Beatmaker has one via its stereo widener plugin. but i was hoping to find something to use while demoing Loopy Pro. Had the thought to look in BYOD thinking perhaps it was listed as a utility module, only ti find that merely instantiating the plugin converts a stereo signal to mono.

Couldn't be any easier :)

Good one.