Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arpeggiator plugin with switchable (enable/disable) beat sync ?

I am looking for an arpeggiator plugin that allows the beat sync to be enabled/disabled independently from the tempo sync.
The plugins I tested seem to go into beat sync mode the moment the host transport is started, but I want to be able to start the arpeggio with the first incoming note_on (Keypress) without waiting for the beat - even when the transport is running.

Comments

• Ionarics but it can be a little wild, not your normal Arp.

• edited September 2022

Mozaic has an Arp script called “In order Arp” that you can set to run with the host tempo or free, aka out of sync.

• edited September 2022

@Poppadocrock said:
    Ionarics but it can be a little wild, not your normal Arp.

Just watched the intro video of Ioniarics. I cannot see any switching of the beat clock. While you can create triggers between the beats, that radar style rhythm generator does not seem to restart when the first key on the keyboard is pressed. Looks to me more like a combination of euclidean sequencer and arpeggiator.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Mozaic has an Arp script called “In order Arp” that you can set to run with the host tempo or free, aka out of sync.

I do not want to disable tempo sync but beat sync. The arp I am looking for would run at the same speed as the host, but it would not use the host beats to sync the position. So you play your chord on the keyboard and the first note starts the arpeggio without waiting for the beat. The following notes of the arpeggio will then be in proper timing relative to that first note.

• @catherder said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I do not want to disable tempo sync but beat sync. The arp I am looking for would run at the same speed as the host, but it would not use the host beats to sync the position. So you play your chord on the keyboard and the first note starts the arpeggio without waiting for the beat. The following notes of the arpeggio will then be in proper timing relative to that first note.

What does "proper timing" mean to you with beat sync = off?
    Synced to 16th notes instead or no time quantization at all?

• edited September 2022

@rs2000 said:

@catherder said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Example: If I have set the arp to 1/16th notes, then the first note would be played the moment a key is pressed. This note is like the time anchor for the arpeggio. All following notes would then follow at 1/16th note time intervals from that note. The behaviour would basically be like a free running arpeggiator that has the speed locked to the host.

• If you want to do what you’re describing using midi Anthony Sauders has a MidiEcho AU that will do what your describing

• Maybe I’m misunderstanding but Wouldn’t most Arps do that, but you just trigger it with the midi notes when you want it to start. ie. Set up the notes in an Au piano roll like LK, atom 2, or helium or connect a keyboard to the arp and have them trigger the arp at the time you want it to start…?

I was going to say midi echo, but wasn’t sure it first the bill for what they were asking.

• @catherder said:

@rs2000 said:

@catherder said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Example: If I have set the arp to 1/16th notes, then the first note would be played the moment a key is pressed. This note is like the time anchor for the arpeggio. All following notes would then follow at 1/16th note time intervals from that note. The behaviour would basically be like a free running arpeggiator that has the speed locked to the host.

OK, this would change the default bar or beat sync to 16th sync or whatever launch quantization you'd prefer:

• edited September 2022

@rs2000 said:

@catherder said:

@rs2000 said:

@catherder said:

@Poppadocrock said:

OK, this would change the default bar or beat sync to 16th sync or whatever launch quantization you'd prefer:

Thanks for this suggestion. I forgot that the arp module has a clock input. This looks good - and I’m a Drambo user….

• Glad you found something

• Funny things do happen: I purchased 4 Pockets MIDI Layers this morning and was already looking forward to use this app this afternoon. And just about an hour ago an update for MIDI Layers was released. One of the new features is that the sequencer can now act as an arpeggiator - with switchable beat sync. Works like a charm ! Paul did it again - thanks !

• @catherder said:
    Funny things do happen: I purchased 4 Pockets MIDI Layers this morning and was already looking forward to use this app this afternoon. And just about an hour ago an update for MIDI Layers was released. One of the new features is that the sequencer can now act as an arpeggiator - with switchable beat sync. Works like a charm ! Paul did it again - thanks !

Dope.