Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

seems impossible to do screen record in cb3 on iphone due to UI ‘?’

@lfs has anyone worked out how to do a screen record when using cubasis3 on iphone? The question mark ‘?’ is in the exact spot where I swipe down to go to screen record icon and loads Cb3 info

Comments

• @stormbeats said:
    @lfs has anyone worked out how to do a screen record when using cubasis3 on iphone? The question mark ‘?’ is in the exact spot where I swipe down to go to screen record icon and loads Cb3 info

Maybe start the screen recording while out of Cubasis then switch back to it. I find I have to do that with quite a few apps.

• edited September 2022

Do you have the swipe up action items, i think that’s what it’s called… I have mine in action items on both devices. on iPad you swipe down from top right corner in portrait view to open several icons like flashlight, memo, etc… but on iPhone I think you swipe up from the bottom of the screen when in portrait view. I can’t remember if you set the icons you want in settings or in the action view. It looks like this on iPad.

Edit not called action items - in the control center tab inside settings.

• This screen works inside any app I’ve ever tried. I adjust the screen brightness and do a few other things including screen recording that way. Screen recording is the record looking button with 2 circles.

• edited September 2022

It’s called control center in settings. See pic. You can add and remove any of the available options you like. Cheers!

• edited September 2022

There is also a switch to turn on at the top of control panel that says, access within apps. Obviously turn that on. And at least on my iPhone you swipe up from the bottOm with one finger. Actually it works swiping from the bottom in either landscape or portrait. Just did it on my iPhone. Don’t have cb3 but it works in a few other workstation apps I just tried.

• @Poppadocrock : the issue is that in some apps invoking Control Center with the normal swipe gesture doesn’t work well because of u.I. elements where one needs to swipe.

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

It's easy enough to edit out the beginning and end of the recording if forced to go to go to the Home Screen to swipe down and start recording then switch over to Cubasis.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Poppadocrock : the issue is that in some apps invoking Control Center with the normal swipe gesture doesn’t work well because of u.I. elements where one needs to swipe.

My mistake.

• @wim said:
    It's easy enough to edit out the beginning and end of the recording if forced to go to go to the Home Screen to swipe down and start recording then switch over to Cubasis.

That’s true

• thanks everyone for suggestions @Poppadocrock @espiegel123 @wim
    As @espiegel123 said it’s the UI element , in this case “?” getting in the way of the swipe. I’am sure @LFS can ask the developers to move it from top right of the UI

• @stormbeats said:
    thanks everyone for suggestions @Poppadocrock @espiegel123 @wim
    As @espiegel123 said it’s the UI element , in this case “?” getting in the way of the swipe. I’am sure @LFS can ask the developers to move it from top right of the UI

Why not start the screen recording when you aren’t in Cubasis and switch to it then trim as needed after recording. It isn’t obvious that Cubasis’ u.i. could be reworked as you’d like.

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2022

We've never had issues doing screen recordings so far... and we've use this feature very often for repros when reporting issues...

• @stormbeats said:
    thanks everyone for suggestions @Poppadocrock @espiegel123 @wim

"Works for me." Remember, you need to swipe down from outside the screen. And you may need to swipe twice (I do), because the first swipe just shows the down arrow in the middle of screen.

• I was in settings doing something else and noticed this…

In settings under General -> Gestures - Allow finger to swipe from corner. See pic. Maybe this is off?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I was in settings doing something else and noticed this…

In settings under General -> Gestures - Allow finger to swipe from corner. See pic. Maybe this is off?

Those are diagonal swipes from the bottom corners only. Has no effect on swipes from the top, sides, or bottom.

• tjatja
    edited September 2022

You don't come in diagonal!

You come straight down from the upper rightmost edge, not the corner!

Where the arrows are, not more to the left side and not diagonal from the corner.

Then there is no problem at all.

• @LFS said:
    We've never had issues doing screen recordings so far... and we've use this feature very often for repros when reporting issues...

@LFS I think you misunderstand. I’am saying to swipe down for the iOS control panel it has to be done from the very right corner. The “?” is also in the very right corner and unless you have small hands the “?” gets in the way.

• @tja said:
    You don't come in diagonal!

You come straight down from the upper rightmost edge, not the corner!

Where the arrows are, not more to the left side and not diagonal from the corner.

Then there is no problem at all.

@tja the upper rightmost edge would be the right corner.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I was in settings doing something else and noticed this…

@Poppadocrock good suggestions. Thanks will try this