Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Echoes - GB IOS with Lyricist - yes lyrics !

Hi

so this is my first go with Lyricist. For those that don't know, this great little app allows you to embed spoken word/"singing" directly into your DAW, without worrying about how bad you sing in the shower ! Also great for working out lyrics.

Picked out the chord structures for the verse/chorus on Scaler2 (but no felted piano this time!), and put some basic, but hopefully cohesive lyrics in. Used 2 instances of Lyricist, so there's a less treated male voice (the other side of the love argument I was trying to build in the song), and the rest of it has some Jarre inspired melody

The video also shows the lyrics in the lyricist instance.

hope you like it - I'm pleased for the first attempt. Not a package I'd use all the time, but great for the odd track, and substitute until I get my voice confidence inplace.

Comments

• Pretty cool! But the earlier lyrics are drowned out a little by the other elements, at least listening on my phone. I'd like them to be more in the foreground. Some lovely crunchy synth sounds though and I dig the retro melody.

• Very cool sounding track!

• I like this. A little Laurie Anderson, maybe. Very well done.

• This is very cool, and a beautiful creation.
    I like this a lot!!!
    Rene

• @Gavinski said:
    Pretty cool! But the earlier lyrics are drowned out a little by the other elements, at least listening on my phone. I'd like them to be more in the foreground. Some lovely crunchy synth sounds though and I dig the retro melody.

yes, agree with this. It sounded alot clearer on headphones, but on speakers some of the words get less distinct. My wife commented the same ! I think it was better for me because I wrote the lyrics and knew what was being said and with any new synth module, especially with voice, there's a balancing act of levels, especially as i've just previously created instrumentals, so all a learning exercise.

I will probably adjust the mix, either bringing down the bass ARP sequence during the lyrics, or perhaps apply less reverb and processing to the female voice - although I didn't want it ending up sounding like Siri :)

• thank you all for the kind comments. It's slightly ironic and sad that I released this track yesterday evening, as early this morning I received the news that my Mum had passed away, in a care home. Listening to it now, I think some of the lyrics sadly fitted.

"I tried to be there, I know I let you down,perhaps you can forgive, the time we had to share", "Can this be the end?, the days are drawing dark,as we leave home, echoes pass us by"

• Whoa, I'm so sorry to hear @matdun25848834 . It's never easy, and I know because I lost a close family member a few months ago.

Take heart. It's a tough moment, so be sure to give yourself the space and time to be calm. I got a lot of positive advice here, and I'll stretch out my hand and say I'm here for you.

Was going to comment that it's a great creation. Keep looking forward...better days will come, but we cannot lose hope.

• @seonnthaproducer said:
    Whoa, I'm so sorry to hear @matdun25848834 . It's never easy, and I know because I lost a close family member a few months ago.

Take heart. It's a tough moment, so be sure to give yourself the space and time to be calm. I got a lot of positive advice here, and I'll stretch out my hand and say I'm here for you.

Was going to comment that it's a great creation. Keep looking forward...better days will come, but we cannot lose hope.

thank you for your kind words

to keep myself occupied I've remixed the track and will upload a new version this week, with clearer vocals.

• following on from feedback, this is the updated version with a clearer vocal mix and for fun, as retro inspired video

• Very different track to a lot of the forum posts. I liked it a lot and the second version is a lot clearer. Hope you are bearing up 🙏