Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gsi Echo apps. GS-201 vs Varispeed vs Echo B2. Giveaway and comparison demo

Here is a quick silent comparison of GSi / Genuine Sound Software / Guido Scognamiglio vintage echo apps / plugins. They all sound good but have subtle differences, and to my ears some sound better on certain sounds than others. The 3 compared here are the Echo B2 (Binson Echorec), GS-201 Mk II (Space Echo), Varispeed (Copicat). I have 3 copies of ANY GSi app to give away. You’ll find them by searching for Guido Scognamiglio on the App Store. 1 winner for YouTube, 1 for Twitter, 1 for Insta. To win on YouTube, simply like, comment and subscribe in YouTube. In your comment make sure to mention which app you’d like to win. Winners will be announced in 2 days roughly. YouTube and Twitter vids will be uploaded later today. Find me on either platform by searching for Gavinski’s Tutorials. Good luck!

Comments

• Good demo. It’s a hard pick, each unit has its own character.

• Thanks - I kept the inputs as simple as possible so people could hear the differences but it's very hard to do direct comparisons - a tiny shift on the feedback knobs etc, or a different delay pattern makes a lot of difference. I think my main guide to using these would simply be - when u want a vintage echo sound, pull out all 3, get something decent going on each and see what you prefer 😂

• They all sound great, nice to hear them side by side 👍👍

• edited September 2022

Thanks for the comparison video, @Gavinski

I’m curious how the GS-201 sounds when pushed hard. Is it a pleasant overdriven sound? Everyone seems to be playing it safe and staying “in the green”. A cool thing you can do with the originals is pushing it into the red. Sounds wicked on vocals.

• @mtenk said:

I’m curious how the GS-201 sounds when pushed hard. Is it a pleasant overdriven sound? Everyone seems to be playing it safe and staying “in the green”. A cool thing you can do with the originals is pushing it into the red. Sounds wicked on vocals.

If u want to email me a short vocal sample I'll check for you

• @Gavinski said:

@mtenk said:

953211370 (at) qq.com

• @Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:

@mtenk said:

953211370 (at) qq.com

Very kind of you! Sent.

• edited September 2022

• edited September 2022

And the winner is….I’m writing in TimeVerb-X. I think that was the real special release of these GSis. The Echorec and Space Echo are solid, probably give the nod to the Echorec for creating a vintage delay vibe. I can totally live without the Varispeed. The high feedback is much “thicker” and throatier than the other two and less pleasant.

Moving forward, I’d encourage the developer to work his own magic instead of emulating old stuff. Unfortunately, I have a feeling I know which way will make the most money.

• @oat_phipps said:
    And the winner is….I’m writing in TimeVerb-X. I think that was the real special release of these GSis. The Echorec and Space Echo are solid, probably give the nod to the Echorec for creating a vintage delay vibe. I can totally live without the Varispeed. The high feedback is much “thicker” and throatier than the other two and less pleasant.

Moving forward, I’d encourage the developer to work his own magic instead of emulating old stuff. Unfortunately, I have a feeling I know which way will make the most money.

Yeah the Varispeed is not so nice when it goes into heavy feedback perhaps. But what would really make them money? A god damn slower release schedule! I mean even one release a month is a lot for one dev on iOS. I have tried to explain this to the dev but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, because I want them to do well and like their apps a lot.

Agree also that innovation is - to me - more interesting than emulation, but like you say, not everyone will think that way.

• @Gavinski Thanks for the comparison video… Space Echo seems arguably the least dynamic of the three but they all have personality.

• @iamspoon said:
    @Gavinski Thanks for the comparison video… Space Echo seems arguably the least dynamic of the three but they all have personality.

Thanks! I don't know... As someone mentioned here or maybe in the YouTube comments, it's a bit quieter but it does have its own spacy sound that's definitely quite nice. To me Varispeed is the least versatile because all you have is 3 buttons to control the delay, albeit in various combos, combined with speed control, you can do a lot. That said, most times I've tried to use more than one echo button It sounded messy. It is very nice at lower feedback levels though, where it is very clean and sounds lovely and picks out more subtle details than the others. Treble-heavy sounds can sound messy at factory settings on the B2, and whatever you do with the settings they will never come out with the clarity of the Varispeed at lower settings. Yet the B2 has some gorgeous echo patterns and also the control over the position of the 4 heads. The feedback also sounds different on all 3. I change my mind constantly about which I prefer 😂

• @Gavinski said:

@iamspoon said:
    @Gavinski Thanks for the comparison video… Space Echo seems arguably the least dynamic of the three but they all have personality.

Thanks! I don't know... As someone mentioned here or maybe in the YouTube comments, it's a bit quieter but it does have its own spacy sound that's definitely quite nice. To me Varispeed is the least versatile because all you have is 3 buttons to control the delay, albeit in various combos, combined with speed control, you can do a lot.

Leaving aside the reverb, don't the three buttons in Varispeed provide the same versatility that the mode selector dial in GS-201 does?

• @Grandbear said:

@Gavinski said:

@iamspoon said:

Thanks! I don't know... As someone mentioned here or maybe in the YouTube comments, it's a bit quieter but it does have its own spacy sound that's definitely quite nice. To me Varispeed is the least versatile because all you have is 3 buttons to control the delay, albeit in various combos, combined with speed control, you can do a lot.

Leaving aside the reverb, don't the three buttons in Varispeed provide the same versatility that the mode selector dial in GS-201 does?

Maybe they do but I certainly find it easier to dial in the other 2 echoes than the Varispeed, unless just using one button in Varispeed. Maybe it takes more time to get used to.... That's my experience anyway.

• @Gavinski said:

@Grandbear said:

@Gavinski said:

@iamspoon said:

Maybe they do but I certainly find it easier to dial in the other 2 echoes than the Varispeed, unless just using one button in Varispeed. Maybe it takes more time to get used to.... That's my experience anyway.

Ah, got it, it has more to do with the character of the delay I guess

• @Grandbear said:

@Gavinski said:

@Grandbear said:

@Gavinski said:

@iamspoon said:

Ah, got it, it has more to do with the character of the delay I guess

Definitely not saying the Varispeed isn't worth getting. Perhaps using all 3 buttons, if it ever sounds good, only does so at very slow speeds. But even with just one button it can sound gorgeous