Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

We're All Alone, Boz Scaggs 1976

edited September 2022 in Creations

"We're All Alone" is a song written by Boz Scaggs, which became a hit for Frankie Valli in 1976. The next year it was a top-ten hit for Rita Coolidge in the US and the UK. Scaggs introduced it on his 1976 album Silk Degrees, and included it as the B-side of two of the four single releases from that LP, including "Lido Shuffle".

Dedicated to all the good citizens of Davao City, especially my friends and classmates of Batch 1978, from the Davao City High School!!!
Peace and Love!!!

Comments

• Beautiful, Rene. And a great song. Didn’t want it to slip unnoticed into the ABF dustheap. Where’s Blackbird! At least While My Guitar Gently Weeps😉😘🙏

• Hi Mike,
    Thank you for your solid support.
    You are a very prolific music creator, and I love your piano abilities and compositions.
    ABF dustheap can accumulate quick, and I really appreciate this.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• Good choice @ReneAsologuitar. Always loved this song, great chord progression.

Thanks.

• edited September 2022

Have you released an album of these unplugged sessions? If not, why not? ;)

Seriously - I could see these operating in the same territory as the Rick Rubin/Johnny Cash American Recordings… kudos for such a good production value too on the voice and the guitar.

Just because I’m such a miserablist, and as I kind of lobbied for earlier, I’d really love to hear an album of you just singing sad songs, laser focused on male fragility. Now bear with me, fast forwarding into full fantasy album mode…

You could call it ‘Boys Cry’ after the old Eden Kane song. In fact, you could add a down tempo, non skiffle, moody cover of that… Oh, and ‘Hurt’, of course; The Cure’s ‘Boys Don’t Cry’ (last track in the running order; Eden Kane first, obvs!); Orbisons’s It’s Over… I could go on.

Basically, any excuse to wallow in misery, in the best possible taste! :)

“Boys cry when no one can see them
    When no one can see them cry
    No one can see them cry” - Eden Kane, 1966

The only slight fly in my ‘make the world miserable through the power of golden voices, subvert the patriarchy’ plan is that I suspect you have one of those damnable ‘sunny dispositions’.

Bah, humbug, etc…

• I had no idea Boz Skaggs wrote this. A beautiful song and your arrangement and performance make it shine. Another very enjoyable performance.

• @pbelgium said:
    Good choice @ReneAsologuitar. Always loved this song, great chord progression.

Thanks.

Hi pbelgium,
    This song has always been a fav, and a true classic.
    One can probably play the chord progression, and create another beautiful song out of it, or maybe ten more songs, hahahaha.
    Just love this song.
    Thank you!!!
    Rene

• @Svetlovska said:
    Have you released an album of these unplugged sessions? If not, why not? ;)

Seriously - I could see these operating in the same territory as the Rick Rubin/Johnny Cash American Recordings… kudos for such a good production value too on the voice and the guitar.

Plenty of miserablists in this world, and that's why we have the blues!!!
    Thank you for leading me to this wonderful future project, and I will keep your musical album theory, and maybe one of these days, I can get a right turn towards that great idea.
    Love it!!!

Sunny or not, storms are always in the horizon, and the sad songs are always close to the heart.
    Keeps us human!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @MadeofWax said:
    I had no idea Boz Skaggs wrote this. A beautiful song and your arrangement and performance make it shine. Another very enjoyable performance.

Hi MadeofWax,
    Truly huge and humbling compliments, and I am so thankful.
    Love 'em comments.
    Always a treat to hear from you.
    Warm regards,
    Rene

• Great interpretation of a lovely song… bravo…

• @GeoTony said:
    Great interpretation of a lovely song… bravo…

++++++++++
    Hi GeoTony,
    Love your beautiful comments!
    You are so awesome.
    Thank you so very much!!!
    Warm regards,
    Rene

• Love this song. The first cover I heard of it was a salsa version by Gilberto Santa Rosa. I always thought it was an original until I heard Rita Coolidge's version which I then thought was the original.

• One of my favorite ballads. Your arrangement makes it uniquely 'Rene'. Very well done.

• I didn’t know there was a Frankie Valli version… I had to go find it and I could hear him following the Boz Skaggs version in many small details including some of the vocal tone. Frankie had a really unique voice and he nailed pitch and served the lyrics like an actor.

You do a great version too. Such a perfect ballad. I like the way you use various regions of your voice to navigate a tune with a lot of range… that takes years to master and ideally you do no damage on the journey to come out the other end. Playing with rock bands and no monitors will do it everytime to destroy a voice as the singer pushed to hear better inside the head. There’s a video of Billy Joel in Russia and he’s asked to do a solo performance on demand and it makes him loose his voice for a few days… if you push through that and sing anyway you probably start to loose notes and tone.

• @AlexY said:
    Love this song. The first cover I heard of it was a salsa version by Gilberto Santa Rosa. I always thought it was an original until I heard Rita Coolidge's version which I then thought was the original.

++++++++++++++++
    Hi Alex,
    This is one of my fav, and the pitch is a bit too high for me,sothis version is lowered, only way I can sing it.
    Love your feedback.
    Rene

@Paulieworld said:
    One of my favorite ballads. Your arrangement makes it uniquely 'Rene'. Very well done.

++++++++++++++++
    Hi Paul,
    You are simply awesome, and I love your comments.
    Thank you so much for your solid support!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@McD said:
    I didn’t know there was a Frankie Valli version… I had to go find it and I could hear him following the Boz Skaggs version in many small details including some of the vocal tone. Frankie had a really unique voice and he nailed pitch and served the lyrics like an actor.

You do a great version too. Such a perfect ballad. I like the way you use various regions of your voice to navigate a tune with a lot of range… that takes years to master and ideally you do no damage on the journey to come out the other end. Playing with rock bands and no monitors will do it everytime to destroy a voice as the singer pushed to hear better inside the head. There’s a video of Billy Joel in Russia and he’s asked to do a solo performance on demand and it makes him loose his voice for a few days… if you push through that and sing anyway you probably start to loose notes and tone.

+++++++++++++
    Hi Dave,
    Love the feedback, and also the story on "vocal misuse". Losing your voice is no fun.
    Your ear is very critical, and you can pinpoint musical details to the T.
    Love it!!!

I am almost done with Stephen Bishop's On and On, this one is for you!!!

Thank you so much for your support, Dave!!!
    Rene

• @McD said:

I didn’t know there was a Frankie Valli version… I had to go find it and I could hear him following the Boz Skaggs version in many small details including some of the vocal tone. Frankie had a really unique voice and he nailed pitch and served the lyrics like an actor.

+++++++++++++
    Hi Dave,
    Love the feedback, and also the story on "vocal misuse". Losing your voice is no fun.
    Your ear is very critical, and you can pinpoint musical details to the T.
    Love it!!!
    I am almost done with Stephen Bishop's On and On, this one is for you!!!
    Thank you so much for your support, Dave!!!
    Rene

+++++++++++++++
    @McD
    This is the firs time I listened to Frankie Valli, and I love it!!!
    He has a super high voice, and can easily sing this song, and a beautiful rendition, indeed!!!
    Thanks for this excellent version, McD!!!
    Rene

• Listening to the original, I prefer your version. No kidding.
    You made it even better.

• @rs2000 said:
    Listening to the original, I prefer your version. No kidding.
    You made it even better.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    HI rs2000, @rs2000
    Your comment is so much loved!!!
    Truly beautiful words to read, and so inspiring.
    So, so kind!!!
    Love this post!!!
    Thank you so much!
    With love and respect,
    Rene