Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GSi - GS-201 Tape Echo Simulator

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• How is the reputation of the desktop version of the GS-201?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:
    Very good, confirmed by multiple users owning the original unit if one is to believe other forums.

The original unit is very hard to service.

Many owners are complaining that it is super difficult to find someone to repair this device.

I saw one unit on Kijiji last year and the price was crazy (4K I think).

iOS version FTW.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@ehehehe said:
    Very good, confirmed by multiple users owning the original unit if one is to believe other forums.

The original unit is very hard to service.

Many owners are complaining that it is super difficult to find someone to repair this device.

I saw one unit on Kijiji last year and the price was crazy (4K I think).

iOS version FTW.

They aren’t hard to service but a lot of them haven’t been looked after well.

echofix here in Australia is the best for fixing them. So good he built his own.

• Yes, they are made new today, but still very expensive. And new has no soul.. https://echofix.com/collections/frontpage/products/echo-fix-ef-x2-tape-echo

• Ha - I've been refreshing the GSI page in the app store on a more regular basis than I'd care to admit ever since I heard it was coming out. On Instagram it said "later this week"... but that was last week!

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    Ha - I've been refreshing the GSI page in the app store on a more regular basis than I'd care to admit ever since I heard it was coming out. On Instagram it said "later this week"... but that was last week!

I remember as a kid I bought the Star Wars toy figures, and the packaging had a barcode or something you had to collect, cutout and send it to whoknows living somewhere and you would get a cool toy gun back in return. It took forever and the waiting was unbearable. It still makes me cry sometimes :smile: But I got it. All good things to those who wait.

• @Slush 😅 poetry. There's no other word for it.

• The GS-201 can't arrive soon enough. I was GASing lately for the pedal version release recently by Boss.

• @Slush said:

@PeteSasqwax said:
    Ha - I've been refreshing the GSI page in the app store on a more regular basis than I'd care to admit ever since I heard it was coming out. On Instagram it said "later this week"... but that was last week!

I remember as a kid I bought the Star Wars toy figures, and the packaging had a barcode or something you had to collect, cutout and send it to whoknows living somewhere and you would get a cool toy gun back in return. It took forever and the waiting was unbearable. It still makes me cry sometimes :smile: But I got it. All good things to those who wait.

Ah the smell of those new Star Wars figures.... One of the most evocative smells from my childhood. I was also really into Play-by-Mail games as a young teen. Waiting to get the results back from my recent manouevers was equally agonising and delicious 😂

• @Slush said:

@PeteSasqwax said:

If you’re talking about the 1977 Star Wars, there were no character figures available by the time Christmas came around (because the studio was caught completely flat-footed, not expecting the movie to do any serious business), so you had to send away for them with an “Early Bird” certificate and just wait for months. Pretty disappointing for kids back then, but it all worked out in the end. In the city where I grew up, Star Wars played in the largest movie theater in town for about a year. I guess you could say it was pretty successful.

• edited September 2022

I also waited for Star Wars figures to come in the mail. Hadn't thought of that in decades.

So how are people liking this app so far? (or is it not available yet?)

• Somewhat less exciting now that I’ve had time to realize I’ve gone my whole life without one and been just fine. Developer really dropped the ball on getting the impulse buys

• @NeuM said:

@Slush said:

@PeteSasqwax said:

If you’re talking about the 1977 Star Wars, there were no character figures available by the time Christmas came around (because the studio was caught completely flat-footed, not expecting the movie to do any serious business), so you had to send away for them with an “Early Bird” certificate and just wait for months. Pretty disappointing for kids back then, but it all worked out in the end. In the city where I grew up, Star Wars played in the largest movie theater in town for about a year. I guess you could say it was pretty successful.

Even the actors had no clue what kind of movie they where making, nothing like that had been done before. I saw the first one in 1977 with my dad, God what a movie. I was actually too young to get in the theater but got in anyway. The Empire Strikes Back made the most impression on me, still the best Star Wars imo. But I think that I started collecting barcodes(?) to get something in return for that must have been around Return of the Jedi.. They send me two plastic guns by accident. (One of the reasons I always won a fictional battle on the schoolyard :smiley: )
    But what I want to say is, George Lukas his first movie (before Star Wars) ‘THX1138’ is really something special as well. Very much 1984 Orwell kind of..

• @Slush said:

@NeuM said:

@Slush said:

@PeteSasqwax said:

Even the actors had no clue what kind of movie they where making, nothing like that had been done before. I saw the first one in 1977 with my dad, God what a movie. I was actually too young to get in the theater but got in anyway. The Empire Strikes Back made the most impression on me, still the best Star Wars imo. But I think that I started collecting barcodes(?) to get something in return for that must have been around Return of the Jedi.. They send me two plastic guns by accident. (One of the reasons I always won a fictional battle on the schoolyard :smiley: )
    But what I want to say is, George Lukas his first movie (before Star Wars) ‘THX1138’ is really something special as well. Very much 1984 Orwell kind of..

American Graffiti was also a wonderful early Lucas movie. How did someone who made something like that end up writing / allowing the drivel that passed for dialogue in the later Star Wars movies with Ewan McGregor etc

• edited September 2022

Can anyone comment on what happens when the input needle is in the red? One of the great things about the original tape echo devices was hitting the front end hard would cause a distinct distortion.

The only Tape Echo sim that I’ve found that does this in IOS is in Bias FX.

• @Sabicas said:
    Can anyone comment on what happens when the input needle is in the red? One of the great things about the original tape echo devices was hitting the front end hard would cause a distinct distortion.

Watch the short I just put up which has it self oscillating and going into red both on the vu meter and in aum!

• @Sabicas said:

Spoiler alert: it doesn’t do the same thing that the original does 😢

Still sounds good though!

• @Gavinski said:

@Slush said:

@NeuM said:

@Slush said:

@PeteSasqwax said:

American Graffiti was also a wonderful early Lucas movie. How did someone who made something like that end up writing / allowing the drivel that passed for dialogue in the later Star Wars movies with Ewan McGregor etc

I know we could fill up a Star Wars thread quite easily with these discussions, but I’ll just briefly agree that the prequels were not very good in comparison to the original trilogy and part of that was due to Lucas being surrounded by “yes men” (and not all of them were men, by the way) at that time. He could’ve used more arguments over what he was doing with his series before he made them.

And now back to our thread…

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:

@Slush said:

@NeuM said:

@Slush said:

@PeteSasqwax said:

I know we could fill up a Star Wars thread quite easily with these discussions, but I’ll just briefly agree that the prequels were not very good in comparison to the original trilogy and part of that was due to Lucas being surrounded by “yes men” (and not all of them were men, by the way) at that time. He could’ve used more arguments over what he was doing with his series before he made them.

And now back to our thread…

Costco chicken nuggets

• The user and all related content has been deleted.