Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster Player - Wild Goose Chase?

This drives me nuts. I go through the presets and pick one (in AUM). When I close the app then re-open it and return to the preset list (perhaps to continue searching from where I left off) I am right back at the start of the list - not even the same pack - looking at that infuriating ‘Acid Bastard’ preset!! I have a lot of the packs and it’s a real pain in the hoop having to negotiate my way back each time. Is it just me?

Comments

• Yep same here. I was planning to use it live for worship at church. I'll try to save the presets in AUM instead and switch between them live from AUM presets.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Yep same here. I was planning to use it live for worship at church. I'll try to save the presets in AUM instead and switch between them live from AUM presets.

I have emailed the developers - they got back sharpish and asked me to send a screen recording, which I have done. With any luck it will be a straightforward fix and we can get back to it without the associated grief.
    I’ll post here if I hear any more.

• Got a further reply already - it is a quick fix - will be done asap. What superb customer support!

• Don’t suppose you know how to get your own presets from SM2 into player do you? I could never figure it out.

• @gregsmith said:
    Don’t suppose you know how to get your own presets from SM2 into player do you? I could never figure it out.

I don’t I’m afraid. I was thinking of trying it the other way round. Considering buying SM2 as I believe you can put the Player packs in for free. If nobody answers here then I would try contacting the devs - their customer support and it seems very efficient.

• edited September 2022

Your purchased sound packs in SMP downloads in SM2, making SMP unnecessary.

SMP is a preset player for sounds originally made in Synthmaster for PC and Mac and was released before SMOne and SM2 on iOS, to make these sounds available on the platform.

As far as I know you cannot load your own sounds into SMP. But, that might have changed, it was some time since I used SMP. I migrated to SM2 when it came out.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• Cheers - I got the Player just for that - playing presets without any fuss. SM2 is about £22 or so, I think the player was considerably cheaper. I may just go for it now that you’ve confirmed this.

• Or wait for a sale armed with this new knowledge😉.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:
    Or wait for a sale armed with this new knowledge😉.

/DMfan🇸🇪

Or what I probably will do thinking about it is not buy SM2 but spend the money on the rest of the sound packs that I don’t have. I prefer doing my sound manipulation with effects - apart from Cutoff and Rez of course 😛 which are included in many of them anyway.
    I’ve been playing with it again - can’t wait till this is sorted 👍

• SM player works on iphone, but not SM2
    Would be great to load SM2 sounds into SM Player

• @lbiyikoglu

Can sounds from SM2, presets or one’s own, be loaded into SMP?

/DMfan🇸🇪

• You can sync SM2 with the cloud, and then can sync with the Player iOS as well (please tap the menu button, at the left you will see an option to download user presets)

@DMfan said:
    @lbiyikoglu

Can sounds from SM2, presets or one’s own, be loaded into SMP?

/DMfan🇸🇪

• Sorry this was reported previously but probably it's missed. I'm fixing it, one other user sent me a video about it a few days ago

@robosardine said:
    This drives me nuts. I go through the presets and pick one (in AUM). When I close the app then re-open it and return to the preset list (perhaps to continue searching from where I left off) I am right back at the start of the list - not even the same pack - looking at that infuriating ‘Acid Bastard’ preset!! I have a lot of the packs and it’s a real pain in the hoop having to negotiate my way back each time. Is it just me?

• @lbiyikoglu

Thank you, great support as always!🙏

Any new soundpacks incoming for SM on iOS? Alonso Sound Future Rave?

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:
    @lbiyikoglu

/DMfan🇸🇪

Yes indeed - very good support.
    I’ve just been listening to the Alonso demo on YouTube - that would be a very welcome pack.

• @robosardine said:

@DMfan said:
    @lbiyikoglu

/DMfan🇸🇪

Yes indeed - very good support.
    I’ve just been listening to the Alonso demo on YouTube - that would be a very welcome pack.

Yes I'm working on Alonson sound pack too, it will be released for both SM2 and the Player

• If you want to buy the bundle and you already have several of the packs - are you still charged full price for the bundle?

• @robosardine said:
    If you want to buy the bundle and you already have several of the packs - are you still charged full price for the bundle?

For the app bundles, Apple applies a discount for the app you already have but for the IAPs there is no control, so yes you will be charged full price

• @lbiyikoglu said:

@robosardine said:
    If you want to buy the bundle and you already have several of the packs - are you still charged full price for the bundle?

For the app bundles, Apple applies a discount for the app you already have but for the IAPs there is no control, so yes you will be charged full price

Ok thanks - I’ve probably got enough anyway 😕