Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason, set to anger people yet again?

Yup

Just did a survey about offline authorization of reason
And it was heavily tilted in favor on killing reason for those with no internet.

I feel like reason studios are set to piss people off in a major way yet again this year

Comments

• You can tell the corporate suites that own reason are definitely all about WEF own nothing be happy jargonese

And a let them eat bugs attitude

Fine by me…it’s a Daw ecosystem I only use as a plug in these days anyways, and I have replaced almost every function it has

• Well, there's no reason for them to do that. 😏

• There are some companies that you require an Internet connection to initialise your plugin before you can use it. Some of the iLok cloud stuff. I won't use these. I actually refunded a plugin I bought from Sonnox a while back because of this. Actually I think Avid did the same thing with Pro Tools First. I think Cubase 12 has a monthly check in put in place so you get a month before having to reconnect. I get the authorisation/pirating issues with software, but there has got to be better way than having to connect to Big Brother every time you feel a little artistic inspiration arise.

• @Mountain_Hamlet said:
    There are some companies that you require an Internet connection to initialise your plugin before you can use it. Some of the iLok cloud stuff. I won't use these. I actually refunded a plugin I bought from Sonnox a while back because of this. Actually I think Avid did the same thing with Pro Tools First. I think Cubase 12 has a monthly check in put in place so you get a month before having to reconnect. I get the authorisation/pirating issues with software, but there has got to be better way than having to connect to Big Brother every time you feel a little artistic inspiration arise.

Absolutely. Yet there seems to be a large enough user group that doesn't care about putting their music machine online so they can probably do without the "few" who don't.

It's funny, to me it looks like even more motivation for crackers to get their hands on it or, see Adobe, pushing other companies to offer similar products with more user friendly authorization mechanisms for less cash.

• I feel that since they switched hands reason, is slowly unable to keep up, and is now losing the Daw wars

• In fact, if it weren’t for the using the rack as a plug in thing…it might have already bellied

• @MrSmileZ said:
    In fact, if it weren’t for the using the rack as a plug in thing…it might have already bellied

Sadly I’m coming to the same conclusion, suit’s seem to be calling the tune and it’s off key.

• What a waste of time this thread is, absolutely no useful information whatsoever, just some vague opinions from people who don’t seem to like Reason anymore anyway.

I use it (standalone with offline authorisation), I like it. If you have something useful to say then I’m all ears. What have the suits now done exactly, apart from turn themselves into sofas (sic)?

• Can’t say that they have ever angered me or done the same to most people. Mild irritation is probably more accurate.

I have lost interest in them over the years though as they have changed the way Reason has developed.

• I won’t listen to it…

• @steve99 said:
    What a waste of time this thread is, absolutely no useful information whatsoever, just some vague opinions from people who don’t seem to like Reason anymore anyway.

I use it (standalone with offline authorisation), I like it. If you have something useful to say then I’m all ears. What have the suits now done exactly, apart from turn themselves into sofas (sic)?

Maybe it’s a waste of time for you Steve? You could have just moved past it…you didn’t have to waste more time.

It’s not a vague opinion, it’s a post about the more than likely scenario of having to have internet to use reason.
    I really don’t need reason using resources to phone home as I personally turn off Wi-Fi when making music to save on cpu.

In case you missed it…I use Reason as a plug in…as it’s mostly out of date to use as a Daw and has been for some time. If you need a brief History, here it goes. I have been using reason since the day it came out. Reason one…in a box…. In fact, I bought it so early that when 4 came out I couldn’t update because I didn’t get a yellow card (golden ticket) and that is where they got me the first time. I couldn’t get reason 4 for the upgrade price and I even sent them pics of the original box, paperwork, and discs….nothing. I had to rebuy at full price. So that original screw over of 400.00 pissed me off out of principle. Then the buy out and rent thing…smh, which will win out by the way…subscription is what is pushed as buying the program is more hidden. These subscriptions are going to break people, or not allow people to use as many tools soon. How much stuff can you rent?

Anyways…now phone home in the background…

I just posted here to see if others were getting more aggrivated with the choices reason studios are making?

In summary…
    Reason is falling behind against all other Daws, it’s missing even basic stuff
    Reason Studios doesn’t mind screwing your pooch dry…making them assholes versus other companies
    Leaving Wi-Fi on while making music isn’t always a workflow people desire…so cutting them out is kinda Dickson
    Reason can’t even load vst3 (most plug ins these days)
    The roadmap doesn’t seem very promising to be honest.

Your opinion about my opinion? Well whatever I guess.
    +And your offline authorization is likely going away soon…which is what this post was about.
    You not noticing that, is priceless.

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I won’t listen to it…

Good thing it’s all text…pfew

@michael_m said:
    Can’t say that they have ever angered me or done the same to most people. Mild irritation is probably more accurate.

I have lost interest in them over the years though as they have changed the way Reason has developed.

Good! Give ‘em time. Long time users are getting more disgruntled as time goes by. Maybe I just care about the loads of money I invested into its ecosystem?

At the end of the day I have hardware so if Reason doesn’t fit my needs, or if it becomes dial home, or becomes subscription it can fare off anyways. No big losses other than time and money.

• edited September 2022

And to waste just a little more time…
    $20 a month is too much to pay for subscribing monthly to reason….there are better applications renting cheaper….
    And Lord help ya if you want to buy third party stuff in there…that’ll eventually turn subscription too…you gonna be out hundreds a month for reason…smh crazy shit right there..

So base is 240.00 per year… to including rack extensions they don’t make…and they seem to update the program every 2-2.5 years. Updates were 129.99 versus around 480-500.00 for the same use.

• @steve99 said:
    What a waste of time this thread is, absolutely no useful information whatsoever, just some vague opinions from people who don’t seem to like Reason anymore anyway.

Yeah!

• I have a perpetual license for Reason 12 ( not Reason +, I’m not interested in subscribing and paying monthly to use it at all ) and I have my computer authorized so I don’t have to be online. I don’t think there’s anything like Reason where you can access the back of the devices and wire it like hardware but I only use the plugin, I’m not angered at all but I do feel like to update from version 11 to 12 was kinda meh. When version 13 comes out it definitely needs to be more of a wow factor to make me update. Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if they stopped selling perpetual licenses and go 100% subscription like Avid recently did with ProTools, which at that point I’ll just stay with version 12 indefinitely or should I say when I’m making the software pay for itself which currently I’m not, I’m just recording myself for fun 🤷🏽‍♂️

• @zah said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    Yup

And it was heavily tilted in favor on killing reason for those with no internet.

I feel like reason studios are set to piss people off in a major way yet again this year

How exactly is this "heavily tilted in favor on killing reason for those with no internet"?

Reason offline authorization survey
    1. In what country do you live?
    2. What is the main reason for authorizing your computer to run Reason 12 without internet connection?
    Keeping my studio computer secure
    Internet connection fees
    Frequent problems with online authorization
    Unreliable internet connection
    To protect my privacy
    To feel secure in knowing I can always start Reason
    Live performance or other offsite usage
    3. How frequently do you access internet on the computer on which you have authenticated Reason 12?
    Daily
    Weekly
    Monthly
    Almost never
    4. On how many computers do you use Reason 12?
    One
    Two
    Three
    More than Three
    5. Have you experienced any problems with the Reason Studios authorization services?
    6. Please leave a comment if you wish to elaborate on your need for offline authorization

Number 6, 3, 2 are very suggestive in a decision towards online or nothing

• @MrSmileZ said:

@zah said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    Yup

How exactly is this "heavily tilted in favor on killing reason for those with no internet"?

2. What is the main reason for authorizing your computer to run Reason 12 without internet connection?
    Internet connection fees
    To protect my privacy
    3. How frequently do you access internet on the computer on which you have authenticated Reason 12?
    Daily
    Weekly
    Monthly
    Almost never
    One
    Two
    Three
    More than Three
    5. Have you experienced any problems with the Reason Studios authorization services?
    6. Please leave a comment if you wish to elaborate on your need for offline authorization

They are very suggestive of a company trying to get a sense of how important offline authorization is to their customers.

What a terrible thing that a company would try to figure out how important certain features are.

• @espiegel123 said:

@MrSmileZ said:

@zah said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    Yup

Internet connection fees
    To protect my privacy
    Daily
    Weekly
    Monthly
    Almost never
    One
    Two
    Three
    More than Three

They are very suggestive of a company trying to get a sense of how important offline authorization is to their customers.

What a terrible thing that a company would try to figure out how important certain features are.

Oh is that what it is…?
    Why would they wanna know how important that is?
    Why not just keep it the way it is…?

Sheesh, go put your super reason fan capes back in the wardrobe please…

• @MrSmileZ said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MrSmileZ said:

@zah said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    Yup

Internet connection fees
    To protect my privacy
    Daily
    Weekly
    Monthly
    Almost never
    One
    Two
    Three
    More than Three

Oh is that what it is…?
    Why would they wanna know how important that is?
    Why not just keep it the way it is…?

Sheesh, go put your super reason fan capes back in the wardrobe please…

Why? Because if some feature adds cost and complexity to support and not many people need it, you might reasonably decide to drop it. These companies don't make tons of money. It is perfectly reasonable to gather data to help make informed decisions.

• I would think they would know the answer to that after 21 years?!

And the ability to use reason offline already exists…so how would it add cost…
    It would actually add cost to remove it.

Maybe they should focus on vst 3? Since they are a half decade or more late? Maybe that would be a better time investment?

• edited October 2022

i like Reason .. it was in 50% discount recently so bought it .. i even installed iOS reason compact and enjoing to create quick ideas/ sketches and then import them into desktop reason ..

i made offline authorization but if it stops working at some point in future i dust delete whole thing and never touch it again .. since then - lot of fun for me, love it as complete enviroment for making music a lot..

• First I’ve heard of this controller.