Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Dark Dub… Kaosylum Dub

edited September 2022 in Creations

“ In all the music that deals with experimental repetition, drum and bass, dub, various kinds of house music, there's always been a quality of atmosphere and ambience.” - Bill Laswell

So, occasioned by the release of one new spring reverb, I realised I already had another, the Eventide Spring, which I hadn’t really made much use of thus far. Messing with that and the superb Melodica app https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/melodica/id437035836 inevitably led me back to my first noise/experimental love: Dub.

‘Dark Dub?’ Is that even a thing? Dunno. Probably should be. Anyway, it’s how this track wanted to be, it seems…

Drums Hammerhead and Sidekick, synth bass ID700 & Monolit, delays Lunar Lander and Dubstation, sundry bangs and clangs from Fractal Beats driven by Physicals, live AUM mix lightly edited in Wavebox..

And a lorra lorra other reverbs , obvs..,

As usual, all comments and brickbats welcome.

Comments

• This is great. Hounds of the Baskervillles springs to mind. It's vicious!

• Absolute love for this. Wouldn't imagine a melodica in one of your tracks :blush:
    That synth bass is sexy :open_mouth:

@Gavinski said:
    This is great. Hounds of the Baskervillles springs to mind. It's vicious!

Ooh
    Interesting... it does :wink:

• Really heavy and immersive: love it!

• 👌 😈😈😈 👍

• edited September 2022

Thanks all for those kind words. This one was a little off my usual subterranean track, so I’m glad it found some favour! :)

Pardon my ignorance, but other than the story of course, @Gavinski @senhorlampada , is ‘Hounds Of The Baskervilles’ a track or something? Google is usually my friend in these matters, but I could only find the various movies and book references.

Melodica is right up there with ukulele as one of my fave instruments for ‘sad’ songs, as they both seem to have a kind of bittersweet failure built into their sound. The little wannabe guitar who couldn’t, doomed to a chirpy cheeriness and so perfect to play slow wistful things on; and the melodica, especially when given that Augustus Pablo middle distance reverb thing, it’s wheeziness and all-too-humanness escaping from the keys. Got to get a real one to mess with…

@Proppa : thanks! One of my few tracks which really benefits from speakers with a decent bass response :)

And @Crash_ride : I don’t speak fluent emoji (it’s an age thing, I expect) but - 😊, I guess? Thanks!

• Really great work!! :) So different and interesting.

• Wow!! Yes, YES! More like this, please! What a great track. I would buy an album of similar tracks.

On a side note, considering @jwmmakerofmusic recent “angry” EDM track, maybe there is a possibility for a collaboration…

I remember the Hounds of the Baskervilles from reading decades ago when I was a big Edgar Allen Poe fan. It may be something different now. 🤷‍♂️

• edited September 2022

@Will @jwmmakerofmusic @Sawiton : thanks all for the listen, and the comments :) Glad you liked it. I do think there might be something fruitful to be gained from applying a Dub production style to a Dark Ambient composition. I’ll have to explore if my limited compositional and production skills can stretch far enough to make a go of it again at some point.

My question was because ‘The Hounds’, plural S, is not something I was familiar with.. ‘The Hound Of The Baskervilles, singular, of course is the closest Arthur Conan Doyle ever got to putting the worlds first consulting detective (if you overlook Poe and Wilkie Collins :) ) in a flat out horror story, and for that reason alone is my favourite of all his adventures.

Ironic then that whilst Holmes was always the ultimate scientific pragmatist, his creator literally believed in (the famous, photographed) fairies, and, after the death of his beloved son in the First World War, became a devoted spiritualist.

For an excellent and very clever literary mash up of all things both Lovecraftian and Sherlockian, check out Neil Gaiman’s very short story A Study In Emerald, his punning take on another of Conan Doyle’s most famous stories, hosted as a free pastiche newspaper pdf on Gaiman’s own website, here:

https://www.neilgaiman.com/mediafiles/exclusive/shortstories/emerald.pdf

• Well crap, that was 40 year and a LOT of chemicals ago. Glad I didn’t bet on that, I would have went all in. And I misspelled Allan.

Doesn’t take away from a great track!

• edited September 2022

:) Thank you! I can definitely empathise. Firstly, it’s understandable, because Poe beat Conan Doyle to the punch with his ‘tale of rationation’ The Murders In The Rue Morgue and his consulting detective hero, the proto-Holmesian, C. Auguste Dupin. Secondly: In my local pub quiz they have a round with 10 questions where if you get any one wrong, you wipe out your team’s whole score for the round, and usually lose the quiz as a result. I have the dubious distinction of being the person most likely to wipe my team out through a sudden bout of misplaced confidence. It’s got so bad now that even when I’m right I get over ruled… :(

• Frankenstein’s wedding dance song!!

• edited September 2022

Ha! Flattered, but surely that would be:

• @Sawiton said:
    Wow!! Yes, YES! More like this, please! What a great track. I would buy an album of similar tracks.

On a side note, considering @jwmmakerofmusic recent “angry” EDM track, maybe there is a possibility for a collaboration…

That'd be fun actually. :) Maybe in the future for sure. Got a couple eggs in the skillet at the moment. ;)

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Will @jwmmakerofmusic @Sawiton : thanks all for the listen, and the comments :) Glad you liked it. I do think there might be something fruitful to be gained from applying a Dub production style to a Dark Ambient composition. I’ll have to explore if my limited compositional and production skills can stretch far enough to make a go of it again at some point.

:) I think you definitely got this. :)

• Enjoying this creation.
    Production is quite serious and very captivating.
    I feel like I am in the middle of the recording.
    Very nice!
    Rene

• This is fantastic music to write code to.