Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone into the WOO here? UFOs etc?

I'm getting unreasonably excited about James Fox's new documentary:

Also I usually really hate long podcasts, but this one grabbed me as I listened in pieces throughout yesterday. It's a really good discussion about UFO stuff... Even if you are a beginner...

Comments

• edited September 2022

I've studied the cases of Bob Lazaar, Travis Walton, Roswell, Whitley Streiber. I listen to Luis Alezondo, George Knapp, Winston Keech, James Warrow, Jacques Vallee, Robert Bigolow, and follow developments from TTSA.

But the one I am most interested and versed in is the 1980 Rendlesham Forest/Bentwaters case as the location is very local to me.
    I've read every book on it and studied Project Condign, listened to every interview, watched every documentary, met Colonel Charles Halt (original Rendlesham witness) and John Hanson his co-writer on The Halt Perspective, and also been in recent contact with Gary Heseltine. I'm friends with Brenda Butler who was the first and original investigator just days after the Rendlesham incident and wrote two books on it with Jenny Randles and Dot Street.

Before lockdown, I was meeting Brenda and her various ufo/paranormal associates in Rendlesham forest on Sunday nights for walks to the landing sites and lots of deep discussions and latest findings about the incident as the investigation is still ongoing to this day. It's an incredible deep rabbit hole! I was in the forest with Brenda one night when Larry Warren and Dion were filming with Gary Heseltine for the new Capel Green movie coming out later this year. Look out for that one, it's going to be very interesting!

I could send you a load of excellent interviews and podcasts with Linda Moulton Howe and John Burroughs (original Rendlesham witness) downloaded from KGRA Phenomenon Radio, one of which has a rare interview with Adrian Bustinza (another original Rendlesham witness) and many other investigators and rare witness interviews.

I keep an open mind and don't discount anything. I'm sure you and I would have some very interesting discussions.

• Funny how there have been billions of video cameras on mobile phones all over the world for over a decade and yet nobody has any decent footage of flying saucers, ETs or abductions.

Every other type of "hard to catch on video" event is on YouTube (car crashes, explosions, people falling off ladders, animal attacks etc.) but no good UFO stuff.

Though there are lots of "experts" making videos about UFO conspracies only they can tell you about....

• edited September 2022

@Spidericemidas Oh wow!! That's a very impressive resume! What I wouldn't give for a beer or two with you! I must admit I've been following much more closely since 2017, but I've been interested for some time, I'm still very much an interested outsider though!

I have read Some books by Vallee, John E. Mack, Whitley Streiber, the day After Roswell, Trinity, The Incident at Devil's Den and The Ross Coulthart one. I did want to read the Nick Pope Redlesham book, but I started reading open skies closed mids and I found his constant references to himself being like agent Fox Mulder really annoying. Is it worth a read? Also any other better books I'd be very interested in!

I would absolutely love it if you could send me some links to the Rendlesham podcasts you mentioned. I only have a passing knowledge of this one and I thought many critics have brushed it off as a lighthouse or something, so yeah I'd really like to listen to that! Thank you!!

Recently I watched the Ariel School Phenomena Doc, which was very interesting so yes now I'm very interested in seeing the Capel Green Movie! I can't believe you had an opportunity to speak to all these people!! That's mental!!

With all the Disclosure talk lately ( I'm not expecting anything) It was interesting to Read Neil Degrasse Tyson's latest essay... Looks like he might be softening his Skeptical stance a little... which could be significant!!

• edited September 2022

@Simon said:
    Funny how there have been billions of video cameras on mobile phones all over the world for over a decade and yet nobody has any decent footage of flying saucers, ETs or abductions.

Every other type of "hard to catch on video" event is on YouTube (car crashes, explosions, people falling off ladders, animal attacks etc.) but no good UFO stuff.

Though there are lots of "experts" making videos about UFO conspracies only they can tell you about....

I mean have you ever tried taking a video of something flying around at night with your mobile!? It's not so easy. But I take your point... Having said that, Recently there was a photo from the 1990 Calvine incident released which could be showing a UFO with a Harrier jet in pursuit... But Yeah of course there hasn't been anything conclusive enough to sway a true died-in-the-wool skeptic... Perhaps the phoenix lights should come close? I think the documentaries are more about first-hand testimony than hard proof like photos or video... but if you look there has been more video evidence than you may think... Even from official sources like the US navy... There's quite a lively community on Reddit dedicated to collecting and analysing and debunking (or proving, if you are an optimist like me) photos and videos... Nothing truly shocking yet though.

• edited September 2022

@Simon said:
    Funny how there have been billions of video cameras on mobile phones all over the world for over a decade and yet nobody has any decent footage of flying saucers

Aside from the officially confirmed UAP releases from the US military, you mean, and the tens of thousands of photos and videos from other military sources, public etc?

• I understand that it is somekind of "game play" o "roleplaying"....isn't it?

• @OnfraySin said:
    I understand that it is somekind of "game play" o "roleplaying"....isn't it?

Some people might call it that... And accuse others in the community of Roleplaying, but no, it's an interest in high strangeness and unexplained mysteries... Things like ghosts and UFOs and weird things like that...

• @Simon said:
    Funny how there have been billions of video cameras on mobile phones all over the world for over a decade and yet nobody has any decent footage of flying saucers, ETs or abductions.

Heh! Yeah so often seems to be the case. So what do you think about the tic tac ufo footage captured by Navy pilot David Fravor of USS Nimitz on the plane's infrared flir camera that was released by the Pentagon a few years ago?

• I'm constantly trying to write soundtracks for such sightings.

• I’ve had an interest since I was a small child, growing up in among northern moorlands, it was hard not to imagine all sorts of things flying over those hidden horizons and I read much of the literature and non fiction that was around i in the eighties about it all. I kinda lost interest until I was mates with some guys who were obsessed with it, and had read everything. While I probably didn’t catch up with them in that regard, I certainly broadened my input, plus we shared a home and studio for nigh on seven years, so I had a good lesson (like it or not 😂) most evenings. Weirdly, we also got to know Gary, a close family member was part of our social circle, and he’s great to listen to, very knowledgable, and has a certain authority when it comes to interviewing witnesses from his years as a very respected police officer (I think his track record is public so I won’t go into it). However, over the years, my conclusions have been differing from his, and my friends to an ever widening degree.

I truly believe (and belief is all we really have in this debate) that the UFO phenomenon is simply the latest iteration of the god and state story; that forever power structures have sought to identify themselves with supernatural powers and leveraged any stories or events that lead people to feel that something special and inexplicable has occurred so that they are associated with them, and therefore possess, or may possess privileged information and power that should not be challenged lest you bring the force of that almighty power down upon you. In this most (post?) modern case, perhaps for the first time, the state involved denies involvement, I think as a (conscious or otherwise) ruse so that they may not be challenged upon it in our modern age of reason. In earlier times, it was simpler for states simply to assume such things would go unchallenged, as all debate was for the most part speculation and conjecture, whereas post enlightenment, church was becoming more and more challenged by the cold hard reasoning of science. Following the Old Testament-like destruction of Japanese cities with such scientific power, there was no more room to play, and to exalt the association to a higher, and more modern science based supernatural (if that’s not too much of a stretch of meaning 🤣).

I’ve had this argument and debate so many times now, it generally becomes circular, as ultimately as I said initially, it’s based on belief. I think there’s very likely life out there, but I think it’s highly unlikely that they’re messing about playing hide and seek in woods behind our houses. If interstellar travel doesn’t ever prove practical, I have a feeling that some sort of projection technologies might manifest, or very long distance drone type things.

I still find it entertaining to hear the stories though, but cultish devotion to them I find a bit off putting; too many buzzes killed, and mellows harshed already 😜

• @rs2000 said:
    I'm constantly trying to write soundtracks for such sightings.

Ha! me too, me too!!

• @monz0id said:

@Simon said:
    Funny how there have been billions of video cameras on mobile phones all over the world for over a decade and yet nobody has any decent footage of flying saucers

Aside from the officially confirmed UAP releases from the US military, you mean, and the tens of thousands of photos and videos from other military sources, public etc?

If presented in court the evidence would be overwhelming.

• @Krupa said:
    I’ve had an interest since I was a small child, growing up in among northern moorlands, it was hard not to imagine all sorts of things flying over those hidden horizons and I read much of the literature and non fiction that was around i in the eighties about it all. I kinda lost interest until I was mates with some guys who were obsessed with it, and had read everything. While I probably didn’t catch up with them in that regard, I certainly broadened my input, plus we shared a home and studio for nigh on seven years, so I had a good lesson (like it or not 😂) most evenings. Weirdly, we also got to know Gary, a close family member was part of our social circle, and he’s great to listen to, very knowledgable, and has a certain authority when it comes to interviewing witnesses from his years as a very respected police officer (I think his track record is public so I won’t go into it). However, over the years, my conclusions have been differing from his, and my friends to an ever widening degree.

I truly believe (and belief is all we really have in this debate) that the UFO phenomenon is simply the latest iteration of the god and state story; that forever power structures have sought to identify themselves with supernatural powers and leveraged any stories or events that lead people to feel that something special and inexplicable has occurred so that they are associated with them, and therefore possess, or may possess privileged information and power that should not be challenged lest you bring the force of that almighty power down upon you. In this most (post?) modern case, perhaps for the first time, the state involved denies involvement, I think as a (conscious or otherwise) ruse so that they may not be challenged upon it in our modern age of reason. In earlier times, it was simpler for states simply to assume such things would go unchallenged, as all debate was for the most part speculation and conjecture, whereas post enlightenment, church was becoming more and more challenged by the cold hard reasoning of science. Following the Old Testament-like destruction of Japanese cities with such scientific power, there was no more room to play, and to exalt the association to a higher, and more modern science based supernatural (if that’s not too much of a stretch of meaning 🤣).

I’ve had this argument and debate so many times now, it generally becomes circular, as ultimately as I said initially, it’s based on belief. I think there’s very likely life out there, but I think it’s highly unlikely that they’re messing about playing hide and seek in woods behind our houses. If interstellar travel doesn’t ever prove practical, I have a feeling that some sort of projection technologies might manifest, or very long distance drone type things.

I still find it entertaining to hear the stories though, but cultish devotion to them I find a bit off putting; too many buzzes killed, and mellows harshed already 😜

I can totally understand your position, I do think it's a fascinating subject, and I have to say that I do believe it, despite never having had an experience of my own. Some guys from the next door village to me growing up had some close encounters according to them, and I grew up in a rickety old house with a lot of creaks and groans and we had a lot of books about Magick and theosophy around the place for some reason. ( my mum always told me she was a witch but I think it was more my grandma's interests) So I've always been very open to all this kind of stuff, if not well read. But I can see how, especially the UFO thing could be used as a tool of control and power... having said that, I don't think it is... and I think that perhaps we are heading towards some kind of disclosure, or understanding. I'm not holding my breath though!!

Also I think I kind of fall into the category of people who think UFO's are more interdimensional, or even come from the sea, rather than outer space... But I haven't properly formulated my ideas about that yet....

• You can play Elite Dangerous. More funny, more gigantic, more "realistic"

• @OnfraySin said:
    You can play Elite Dangerous. More funny, more gigantic, more "realistic"

Ha! I had a feeling you were joking, but wasn't sure :)

• edited September 2022

@sevenape said:

@OnfraySin said:
    You can play Elite Dangerous. More funny, more gigantic, more "realistic"

Ha! I had a feeling you were joking, but wasn't sure :)

No, not joking. It's so inmersive and "scientific"

All the Galaxy is mapped 1:1. And the people takes their roles very serious.

Right now there is a "alien invasion" in game where some vessels appears on diferent solar systems.

• edited September 2022

@knewspeak said:

@monz0id said:

@Simon said:

Yep.

• I’m open minded and probably wrong - being clueless on the topic - but to me it seems like it’s mainly US phenomenon...
    Is there literature or anything that explains this aspect?

• Where is everybody

• @monz0id said:

@knewspeak said:

@monz0id said:

@Simon said:

Yep.

The only thing, for quite a few people, confronting the inexplicable often lead’s to ridicule as a defence mechanism, but this is slowly changing. But I’m in no doubt we have only just dipped our toes into the the wonders of the universe.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    I’m open minded and probably wrong - being clueless on the topic - but to me it seems like it’s mainly US phenomenon...

I think that it's a global phenomenon tbf, maybe there's more interest in the US thanks to Roswell and such? But it's definitely definitely a worldwide phenomenon.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2021-07-13/interest-in-ufos-is-not-just-an-american-phenomenon-experts-say

• @knewspeak said:

@monz0id said:

@knewspeak said:

@monz0id said:

@Simon said:

Yep.

The only thing, for quite a few people, confronting the inexplicable often lead’s to ridicule as a defence mechanism, but this is slowly changing. But I’m in no doubt we have only just dipped our toes into the the wonders of the universe.

Oh most definitely! And the mental thing is the more we learn the less we know!!

• edited September 2022

@monz0id said:

Blurry photos and videos of ....what? Blobs of light?

It is a big jump from seeing a blob of light or a tiny object way up in the sky to concluding it is aliens from outer space.

Where are the glowing, metallic spaceships from "The Invaders" and "Close Encounters"? A Dalek. A Cyberman... anything...

• @Simon said:

@monz0id said:

It is a big jump from seeing a blob of light or a tiny object way up in the sky to concluding it is aliens from outer space.

Radar tracking of multiple object’s, video footage, corroborated eyewitness testimony and even ‘not so blurry photographs’.

• edited September 2022

@Simon said:

@monz0id said:

Where are the glowing, metallic spaceships from "The Invaders" and "Close Encounters"? A Dalek. A Cyberman... anything...

If you accept testimony as evidence then there are an awful lot of witnesses describing exactly what you are asking about...

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    I’m open minded and probably wrong - being clueless on the topic - but to me it seems like it’s mainly US phenomenon...

No idea whether this is true but it would not surprise me. The US offers the perfect combination for such beliefs: powerful high tech/social media/media and a large gullible* part of the population.

*No offence meant, I'm simply referring to the huge number of people still believing in things like a 6000-year-old earth, etc.

• @Spidericemidas said:
    I've studied the cases of Bob Lazaar, Travis Walton, Roswell, Whitley Streiber. I listen to Luis Alezondo, George Knapp, Winston Keech, James Warrow, Jacques Vallee, Robert Bigolow, and follow developments from TTSA.

But the one I am most interested and versed in is the 1980 Rendlesham Forest/Bentwaters case as the location is very local to me.
    I've read every book on it and studied Project Condign, listened to every interview, watched every documentary, met Colonel Charles Halt (original Rendlesham witness) and John Hanson his co-writer on The Halt Perspective, and also been in recent contact with Gary Heseltine. I'm friends with Brenda Butler who was the first and original investigator just days after the Rendlesham incident and wrote two books on it with Jenny Randles and Dot Street.

Before lockdown, I was meeting Brenda and her various ufo/paranormal associates in Rendlesham forest on Sunday nights for walks to the landing sites and lots of deep discussions and latest findings about the incident as the investigation is still ongoing to this day. It's an incredible deep rabbit hole! I was in the forest with Brenda one night when Larry Warren and Dion were filming with Gary Heseltine for the new Capel Green movie coming out later this year. Look out for that one, it's going to be very interesting!

I could send you a load of excellent interviews and podcasts with Linda Moulton Howe and John Burroughs (original Rendlesham witness) downloaded from KGRA Phenomenon Radio, one of which has a rare interview with Adrian Bustinza (another original Rendlesham witness) and many other investigators and rare witness interviews.

I keep an open mind and don't discount anything. I'm sure you and I would have some very interesting discussions.

Wow. Genuine question: why have you been doing all of this? Do you consider this just a fun hobby that you're taking to a pretty high level, or are you actually convinced something is being malevolently kept from the population, or...?

• edited September 2022

@knewspeak said:

@Simon said:

@monz0id said:

Radar tracking of multiple object’s, video footage, corroborated eyewitness testimony and even ‘not so blurry photographs’.

Hey, I've got one too (isn't PhotoShop wonderful):

Photo: courtesy Will Robinson.

• @Simon said:

@monz0id said:

Recorded sightings by military are usually backed up by radar confirmation. There are literally thousands of documented examples of this, along with recent military cockpit footage:

@Simon said:

@monz0id said:

Unless you're 5 years old, most serious discussion about UFO's will involve trying to work out what the 'unidentified' part of the UFO report is. Literally no-one is suggesting recent UAP sightings are piloted by 'daleks'.

• @knewspeak said:

@monz0id said:

@knewspeak said:

@monz0id said:

@Simon said:

Yep.

I used to see things floating up from the forest opposite from a remote cottage I lived in a number of years back, on regular occasions. Obviously I was ridiculed by friends, until they stayed over and saw them too.

It's actually quite tedious that people still ridicule this stuff with the 'little green men' bollocks, since even the US government acknowledges there's stuff flying and floating around that they can't explain.

This discussion has been closed.