Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

First test with vocals

edited September 2022 in Creations

Hey guys,

I have been a little bit away because of personal issues. It’s crazy how time just isn’t enough….
Anyways, I came home early from work cuz I was feeling sick and created this little loop. It’s raw in that I didn’t spend any time fixing it. It just is what it is, I guess. Anyways, this place is my new temple so I come here to talk to god and y’all, so sorry if what you hear is not worthy… but I’m sure I will be forgiven. Peace !!!

Comments

• edited September 2022

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Your voice?

Yeah, and the words were honestly the first things that came to my mind. Which is crazy because I have been struggling with proving myself to myself lately.

• This is so vibey!!!!! 🔥

You sound great!

• @magnusovi said:

Your voice?

Yeah, and the words were honestly the first things that came to my mind. Which is crazy because I have been struggling with proving myself to myself lately.

Nice chops. Satisfying yourself is always the biggest hurdle. I can relate.

• This is nice

• edited September 2022

Your voice?

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    This is so vibey!!!!! 🔥

You sound great!

Thanks man!> @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@magnusovi said:

Your voice?

Nice chops. Satisfying yourself is always the biggest hurdle. I can relate.

Thanks for the support!

• @u0421793 said:
    This is nice

Thanks man. Music means so much to me, and my music meaning anything to anyone is a big deal to me so I really appreciate you letting me know you thought this way nice.

• Your voice is amazing. I could have sworn that was George Michael. Great job.

• @richardyot said:
    Your voice is amazing. I could have sworn that was George Michael. Great job.

Thanks! I attribute a great deal of it to magicdice lol.

• edited September 2022

I wouldn't try to 'fix' this. Very often, the first take of a song has character that gets lost in the cleanup process. I dig the slow, steady, driving groove that you captured. Your voice works perfectly with this. It reminds me a little bit of the old Motown classic 'Mercy. Mercy Me', by Marvin Gaye. If anything, I would just add a few bits here and there, but keep all the original tracks as-is.

I like how you refer to your creative space as your 'temple'. My temple is a director's chair on my patio overlooking my back yard. I also talk to God when I am out there. Sometimes, He talks back! We are all worthy and forgiven, and that's a really good thing.

• Very nice stuff and a great voice. It reminds me of the spectacular voice of Kazzrie Jaxsen. Listen to her sing “How Deep Is The Ocean”…

https://www.newartistsrecords.com/1030-for-the-beauty

@Paulieworld, I may be wrong but I think our friend is referring to ABF as his new “temple”. Well, we’re better than a lot of false gods, right?

• This is wonderful. Like a collaboration between Marvin Gaye and Burial.

• edited September 2022

@Paulieworld said:
    I wouldn't try to 'fix' this. Very often, the first take of a song has character that gets lost in the cleanup process. I dig the slow, steady, driving groove that you captured. Your voice works perfectly with this. It reminds me a little bit of the old Motown classic 'Mercy. Mercy Me', by Marvin Gaye. If anything, I would just add a few bits here and there, but keep all the original tracks as-is.

I like how you refer to your creative space as your 'temple'. My temple is a director's chair on my patio overlooking my back yard. I also talk to God when I am out there. Sometimes, He talks back! We are all worthy and forgiven, and that's a really good thing.

I came sick from work and started playing with spacecraft and got this interesting canvas, so I thought to myself, let’s keep it granular, so I added tardigrain. Then I added this cool preset from play beat 3 which just sealed the deal. I liked how it sounded and thought if I add more stuff it will be too overwhelming since spacecraft filled the background pretty well. I decided to add some vocals. I thought to myself I should be able to add some softish vocals that complement the mood, so grabbed my phone, left AUM running and I walked about 10 feet away from the iPad and recorded the vocals on the voice memo app. I thought I messed up by singing too slow, and since it took me a bit to figure out I could export the voice note,I ended up using audioshare, and I was a little drunk and lazy to do it again I started working with the first take lol.
    The challenge was now to sync spacecraft. I couldn’t get it to stop or start with the AUM transport button so I left it playing in the background and waited for the right time to press play in AUM. Then I started the soundclip manually when I felt it was ok timing. This was a great experience for me as it helped me deal with sound clips, something that kinda intimidates me for some reason. I guess is that I feel like it’s less flexible than using synths real time. Anyways.. thanks for your comment!

@LinearLineman said:
    Very nice stuff and a great voice. It reminds me of the spectacular voice of Kazzrie Jaxsen. Listen to her sing “How Deep Is The Ocean”…

https://www.newartistsrecords.com/1030-for-the-beauty

@Paulieworld, I may be wrong but I think our friend is referring to ABF as his new “temple”. Well, we’re better than a lot of false gods, right?

I think the deities that roam around here are exactly the ones I like!!

@rottencat said:
    This is wonderful. Like a collaboration between Marvin Gaye and Burial.

Thank you rotten! I used to sing lots when I was younger. I am old now and I have been quiet for far too long! More vocals will come soon. Thank you all for being part of this journey of mine!

• Love the beat, quite captivating.
    Your sound is very spacey.
    The vocals is being heard, and from afar, and I am being drawn into it, into you!!!
    Well done.
    Rene

• Really impressed with the vocals on this. Nice groove. Well done!

• @ReneAsologuitar said:
    Love the beat, quite captivating.
    Your sound is very spacey.
    The vocals is being heard, and from afar, and I am being drawn into it, into you!!!
    Well done.
    Rene

Thanks Rene!

@MadeofWax said:
    Really impressed with the vocals on this. Nice groove. Well done!

Hey Wax, I’m honored that to dig this!

• I missed this one first! This is amazing. Both Music and your voice remind me a lot of Apparat. That's great. More like this please !

• At one point I had also done another vocal test that I forgot all about. Here is another with slightly lower vocals.
    https://on.soundcloud.com/CHzZrYZSEvPxFpuN6

• edited October 2022

@magnusovi said:
    At one point I had also done another vocal test that I forgot all about. Here is another with slightly lower vocals.

You really have a beautiful voice, I love it ! I wish it was a bit louder in this mix, but it sounds great. I like both ways of singing. All you have to do now is make more tracks or go through your already existing ones and lay vocals on top, I really think it is worth putting some time in it. You have a great atmosphere !

• @JanKun said:

@magnusovi said:
    At one point I had also done another vocal test that I forgot all about. Here is another with slightly lower vocals.

You really have a beautiful voice, I love it ! I wish it was a bit louder in this mix, but it sounds great. I like both ways of singing. All you have to do now is make more tracks or go through your already existing ones and lay vocals on top, I really think it is worth putting some time in it. You have a great atmosphere !

🙏 thank you so much! I’m glad someone thinks its worth listening to. Will make more even if it’s only for you and me hahaha.

What apps and processes are good for making vocals sound more “mixed”?

• edited October 2022

@magnusovi said:

@JanKun said:

@magnusovi said:

🙏 thank you so much! I’m glad someone thinks its worth listening to. Will make more even if it’s only for you and me hahaha.

Definitely make more, I am sure some people here will enjoy it too.

I think your vocals sounds already well produced at least for the 2 exemples I heard. I only suspect you might lack self confidence to push them a bit louder in your mix, but with a voice like yours, you shouldn't hesitate to make it heard, it is really great, in tune with a nice texture.

I find Mixbox to be the perfect tool for my vocals, since I purchased it, I don't use anything else. My vocals signal chain inside Mixbox usually include a channel strip, then a gentle amount of tape saturation then their great LA2A compressor. This is my base. Then, depending on each project I will either add a very short tape delay with no feedback, or a bit of reverb or nothing.

• Very dreamy, trances EDM track with a Sade (pronounced Shar-Day in Portuguese).

This is pretty unique in the forum by featuring a vocal element but something that’s being addressed by new
    Members like @ReneAsologuitar a song-based approach worked for years by the dedicated @richardyot.

I hope we can provide a strong wind to accelerate your work in this vein because it’s very commercial and reaches a much larger audience than our pure tech “masterpieces”.

The whole track shows a mastery of IOS technique combined with a real human voice. Dare we ask for your pronouns?
    This is like one of those “blind auditions” on the voice where you start with the vocal and then see the human that made those sounds. If you prefer mystery that only adds to create more interest in the world of pop.

• edited October 2022

@JanKun said:

@magnusovi said:

@JanKun said:

@magnusovi said:

Definitely make more, I am sure some people here will enjoy it too.

I think your vocals sounds already well produced at least for the 2 exemples I heard. I only suspect you might lack self confidence to push them a bit louder in your mix, but with a voice like yours, you shouldn't hesitate to make it heard, it is really great, in tune with a nice texture.

I find Mixbox to be the perfect tool for my vocals, since I purchased it, I don't use anything else. My vocals signal chain inside Mixbox usually include a channel strip, then a gentle amount of tape saturation then their great LA2A compressor. This is my base. Then, depending on each project I will either add a very short tape delay with no feedback, or a bit of reverb or nothing.

Thank you so much for this advice and support. I was hesitating to go with mixbox because of the price but I might have to bite the bullet lol

@McD said:
    Very dreamy, trances EDM track with a Sade (pronounced Shar-Day in Portuguese).

This is pretty unique in the forum by featuring a vocal element but something that’s being addressed by new
    Members like @ReneAsologuitar a song-based approach worked for years by the dedicated @richardyot.

I hope we can provide a strong wind to accelerate your work in this vein because it’s very commercial and reaches a much larger audience than our pure tech “masterpieces”.

The whole track shows a mastery of IOS technique combined with a real human voice. Dare we ask for your pronouns?
    This is like one of those “blind auditions” on the voice where you start with the vocal and then see the human that made those sounds. If you prefer mystery that only adds to create more interest in the world of pop.

@ReneAsologuitar and @richardyot are personal favorites of mine around here, and actually some of the biggest inspiration and motivation for me.

I am out of words that it might appear, even if ever so slightly, that I have some mastery of iOS production whatsoever. I feel like a real musician hahah. My pronouns are him/he and I am a male by the way, so be in the look out for some rougher stuff soon lol.

• Yes a nice floaty track and I can hear the references everybody else has made… more please 😊

• edited October 2022

@GeoTony said:
    Yes a nice floaty track and I can hear the references everybody else has made… more please 😊

Thanks GeoTony. I appreciate the support!