Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred Experiment #2

I’m just inflicting my musical experiments on you, the unsuspecting forum members here…
Everything played in one take from the GeoShred surface with no edits…

Art by AI…

Comments

• All on one track?

• Not sure what you mean by one track @NeuM 🤔 but I think the answer is yes 😊
    It’s one GeoShred instance playing 11 instruments, played by me in one session for the 5 minutes with no post edits etc.
    The GS control surface has been modified so that I can vary 5 sliders that send CC to various exposed parameters of the instruments

• @GeoTony said:
    Not sure what you mean by one track @NeuM 🤔 but I think the answer is yes 😊
    It’s one GeoShred instance playing 11 instruments, played by me in one session for the 5 minutes with no post edits etc.
    The GS control surface has been modified so that I can vary 5 sliders that send CC to various exposed parameters of the instruments

Aha. Very clever.

• I enjoy your musical experiments. The reverb gives this a real sense of place like some of your previous creations. A very cinematic feel. If the forum ever does a sci-fi project like the dark ambient video collective Horror soundtrack this should be on it.

• @GeoTony said:
    I’m just inflicting my musical experiments on you, the unsuspecting forum members here…
    Everything played in one take from the GeoShred surface with no edits…

+++++++++++++++++++
    Quite cinematic.
    For a one-take, this is superb, and very captivating.
    Lovely and edgy recording, almost scary.
    Well done.
    Rene

• Interesting. Does it take long to set it up?

• Sounds amazing @GeoTony! Interesting setup. So you’re hosting it all in AUM I see?

• Thanks @MadeofWax , @ReneAsologuitar , @LinearLineman and @Edward_Alexander ….
    How long does it take?…. Interesting question 😊 The simple answer is probably a few hours…
    The less simple answer is… basically my process is….
    1 Open my standard GS preset that I have configured to have 5 controls that send CC#21 to #25
    2 Pick a sound source / preset at random
    3 Blindly choose a few more that might work with this
    4 Map some of the parameters to the controls on GeoShred. For some this is about a minute each e.g. Roli Noise only have 5 available so these are easy. On this experiment I also used PIPA which has loads so I randomly picked / re picked a few.
    5 Map the strings / channels on GS to instruments I.e. high strings to high pitched instruments, low to low etc.
    All of the above probably takes about an hour?
    The sounds influence what sort of creation / improvisation so then it is a case of…
    Repeat 2 to 5 until something acceptable is achieved… this could be a few hours or so or it might sit on the back burner for months because I can’t get it to work!