Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Maybe I should get one of these…

edited September 2022 in Other

The description says: “Yaybahar is an electric-free totally acoustic instrument… what you hear in the video is captured in real-time without any additional effects and with no post audio processing.”

Comments

• Oh they’re amazing

• edited September 2022

Ha! You say that like ‘…what, you haven’t got one yet? I got three when they first came out…’ :)

Side note: reminds me of the thrill I got as a kid from hearing the sound of the Martian death ray from the original War Of The Worlds movie, which was apparently made by striking a telephone line cable with a wrench.:

(All the sound design on that movie was phenomenal, second only to Forbidden Planet in my view during the mid century period, but the Death Ray itself appears in this clip at 1:43.)

• Ha I watched that video a while back, but wiped my memory instantly so that no GAS was able to gather 😅

• edited September 2022

Maybe one of these instead then. A snip at $1100 dollars:

Or this:

• There was one that appealed that was around the €400-500 mark, all brass and cryptic inscriptions, I can’t remember where I saw it just now though

• edited September 2022

Tbh, The Apprehension Engine seems more flexible, and fun to play. Trying to find out now if the guy sells them.

Update. Just checked. He does. A snip at $10,000 apiece. So: I’ll just put it down and walk away quietly, then…

• The only sane response sometimes , or maybe think about making something similar yourself

• edited September 2022

I already did :)

It has a piezo mike glued inside, and a Jack socket on the side. Limit of my practical skills.

• @Svetlovska said:

It has a piezo mike glued inside, and a Jack socket on the side. Limit of my practical skills.

Wow! Would you be so kind to post a few sound bites for our enjoyment? 😉

• @Svetlovska said:

Brilliant, Heath Robinson eat your heart out 🙌

• @rs2000 : I’ll see what I can do… :)

• @Svetlovska said:

Can you please post a video of how this sounds?? It looks so fun