Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Korg Drumlogue

Comments

• Definitely better than Volca Beats. Fits midrange between Elektron Samples and Analog Rytm. I'm sure it'll sell well. I'm good with Maschine and Drambo at this point.

• edited September 2022

Not very inspired, but I gave it a shot til it got to the snare sounds, and those just aren’t gonna cut it. Korg snares are the worst and ruin any potential their drum machines have.

A hardware drum machine is the only thing I don’t have that I’d be interested in buying at this point, so I did feel a slight twinge of excitement when I saw the post. But man that faded quickly. The simple Hammerhead drum synth seems funner and more interesting.

• Meh, not for me personally.

• I bought an ESX-1 last week and my first thought upon seeing this was, “God damn it.”

But thankfully it looks like this is geared to compete with the Syntakt and Analog Rytm, not “proper” sample-based drum machines. And the sample playback features seem downright inadequate for anything beyond percussion.

I’m intrigued, especially given the Sinevibes involvement, and I hope this is a smash hit for them because the Logue SDK is one of my favourite ideas in music tech today.

• For this price wouldn't you be better off with an Electribe Sampler?

• Or a TR8S or MPC One. There's definitely some supply chain price inflation happening here. I could see this at $399, but $599 is for sure overpriced.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Not very inspired, but I gave it a shot til it got to the snare sounds, and those just aren’t gonna cut it. Korg snares are the worst and ruin any potential their drum machines have.

Exactly my first impression of the unit's sound.
    I like the control surface though. Would make a great Drambo controller 😂

@jrjulius said:
    I bought an ESX-1 last week and my first thought upon seeing this was, “God damn it.”

But thankfully it looks like this is geared to compete with the Syntakt and Analog Rytm, not “proper” sample-based drum machines. And the sample playback features seem downright inadequate for anything beyond percussion.

Have you also checked out the EMX-1?
    I've compared both years ago and although I was initially sure I wanted the ESX, I've ended up with the EMX instead. I love the box, its synthesis features and the great hands-on controls.

• I’m an unabashed Korg fan and this looks awesome but I’m just not very into hardware anymore as I work way better ITB. I still would like another hardware drum machine though so it’s a hard maybe for me right now. Synth-wise I’m fine with my couple of synths I already have.

• I checked out just the portion of Loopop's vid featuring SineVibe's included plugin - Nano.

Nano sounds 303-ish.

I liked that bit of the vid, then I realized a budget minded customer could just get a Roland T8, which has the same (virtual) analog drums plus 303 bass in a box idea, but in a smaller package that sells for about $200. Assuming that's all said customer wants in a groovebox.

• @rs2000 said:

@oat_phipps said:

Exactly my first impression of the unit's sound.
    I like the control surface though. Would make a great Drambo controller 😂

@jrjulius said:
    I bought an ESX-1 last week and my first thought upon seeing this was, “God damn it.”

Have you also checked out the EMX-1?
    I've compared both years ago and although I was initially sure I wanted the ESX, I've ended up with the EMX instead. I love the box, its synthesis features and the great hands-on controls.

Yeah I went through a similar process except in reverse haha. I came THIS CLOSE to overpaying for an EMX-1 in the spring but ultimately decided to hold out; an ESX-1 came along at the right price so I jumped on it. So far I’m happy — my synth collection is pretty complete but I don’t have a sampler that I’m totally on board with. The Electribe can be a bit clunky but it complements Koala nicely IMO.

Realistically speaking, I’m going to buy an EMX-1 as soon as I find one in fair shape for a fair price. But for now I would like to think that I have everything I need…

• @jrjulius Whatever equipment you currently own, I favor the idea of using what's in front of me to the best possible extent. 😊