Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• What is a "Texturizer"?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    What is a "Texturizer"?

Looks to be a chorus/flange effect like the one in Moog Model D.

• Very interesting.

Respect to Yonac, real pioneers of iOS music and still going strong!

• That does look beautiful

• Looks interesting, easy to understand and well designed.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    What is a "Texturizer"?

It’s very much like a ‘Gooderizer’

• I saw the tweet but couldn’t get the post up.

Looks like a virtual analog synthesizer, something similar to a Moog Model D with a few more bells and whistles.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I saw the tweet but couldn’t get the post up.

Looks like a virtual analog synthesizer, something similar to a Moog Model D with a few more bells and whistles.

Exactly my thought. But to me, it looks like Kauldron so I'm not sure what are the difference between these synths.

• edited September 2022

I hope I don’t sound dumb asking what Espirit does?

I’m thinking Wave Folder or something with harmonics…

• @Stuntman_mike said:

Good question, I also want to know.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    I saw the tweet but couldn’t get the post up.

Exactly my thought. But to me, it looks like Kauldron so I'm not sure what are the difference between these synths.

Yea I’m curious to hear it/see it in action, since on the surface it looks similar to some apps already out there… I guess we shall see.

• @drewinnit said:
    Very interesting.

Respect to Yonac, real pioneers of iOS music and still going strong!

Agreed! Steel Guitar, Mini Synth, Magellen are some of the OGs.

• Another one for the massive pile 😃 I’m glad I don’t have to keep them in a cupboard.

• Is this just a minimoog clone?

• Lord knows, we needed another synth! 🙄

• Can i drink a beer with this Trooper?

• edited September 2022
  • @Montreal_Music said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

And that “Get6” switch next to it?

Maybe some kind of supersaw-like thing, tripling the 2 oscillators to make 6 and then using “esprit” (= spirit??) to detune them? Just a wild guess.

Will be interesting to compare the difference with Kauldron. Not sure if I need another subtractive synth though. May be pleasantly surprised.

• @toneman88 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

And that “Get6” switch next to it?

Maybe some kind of supersaw-like thing, tripling the 2 oscillators to make 6 and then using “esprit” (= spirit??) to detune them? Just a wild guess.

Will be interesting to compare the difference with Kauldron. Not sure if I need another subtractive synth though. May be pleasantly surprised.

Probably over-thinking this but it’s called Trooper, and “esprit de corps” roughly translates as team spirit, so maybe “esprit” controls the degree to which the “get6” things work together?

• Yonac is so on my “instabuy” list.

• That synth looks incredible! I am on the fence about getting "yet another VA synth" even though it's friggin Yonac, an iOS developer GOAT, so I'll wait for @thesoundtestroom to give it a whirl so I can hear what it sounds like first. I gotta curtail my GAS at some point, or I'll go broke otherwise. 😅

(That said, after watching Doug's video covering Vintage Rack, it's an instabuy for me.)

• Yonac never quite nailed the character of analog synths the way others have done. Them and Virsyn make some odd sounding synths.

• edited September 2022

Yonac tells me to buy, I buy.

But I really do wonder when they are going to start bringing these exciting updates and new releases to M1 Macs.

Surely Moog won't remain the only developer to take such an aggressive and forward looking stance and dominate on both iOS and macOS with no real challengers?

• I'm a bit underwhelmed by recent synths and synth announcements, they all seem a bit vanilla to me. I get that choice is always good, but I wanna see more freaky-deaky apps! Not that I'm being ungrateful or anything... First world issues, bloody entitled old men etc etc

• @oat_phipps said:
    Yonac never quite nailed the character of analog synths the way others have done. Them and Virsyn make some odd sounding synths.

Yes, like there’s an artificial layer over the sound. Let’s hope this one sounds like the real deal.

• PWM/SYNC/RINGMOD/FM/XMOD?

Those are few of the rather basic synthesis functions I look after when a new synth pops up on the radar...

But if it sounds anything even remotely close to my old Yamaha PS-3 I'm in :sunglasses:
    (I'm on a process of cleaning the 'thing' so it's all in pieces on my desk).

• A new synth from one of the iOS Titans. I can’t wait.

• I do like synths with a single user interface. No menu diving.

• @Slush said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Yonac never quite nailed the character of analog synths the way others have done. Them and Virsyn make some odd sounding synths.

Yes, like there’s an artificial layer over the sound. Let’s hope this one sounds like the real deal.

To my ears Magellan 1/2 sound about as authentically analogue as a VA can get second only to Zeeon and an equal to the Moog's etc.