Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 16 Update Out Today (9/12/22)

edited September 2022 in Other

The big one comes out today for iOS (iPhones only).

If you want to know all of the good and some not-so-good, here is some in-depth coverage:

https://www.macstories.net/stories/ios-16-the-macstories-review/#

The iPadOS update won’t be coming out until after iOS 16.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/23/23318437/ipados-16-delay-release-after-ios-stage-manager

Comments

• Don’t know there’s a lot of things in this one that appeal to me, but searching in emails and multiple stops in maps are welcome practical additions.

• tvOS got an update to 16.0, iPadOS got updated to 15.7 and macOS Monterey got an update to 12.6 and those fruitWatches got an update too.

I'll get vocal if things don't work for me...

• @Samu said:

Well, once you get your devices working again, anyway…

• @michael_m said:

@Samu said:

Well, once you get your devices working again, anyway…

All of them are already up and running :sunglasses:

• Downloaded on the iphone and the "copy/paste" and "nothing to undo" menus keep appearing if you tap most synth keyboards with 3 fingers repeatladly.

• edited September 2022

@Porkycee said:
    Downloaded on the iphone and the "copy/paste" and "nothing to undo" menus keep appearing if you tap most synth keyboards with 3 fingers repeatladly.

Yep… well, for SMP..

• edited September 2022

@Porkycee said:
    Downloaded on the iphone and the "copy/paste" and "nothing to undo" menus keep appearing if you tap most synth keyboards with 3 fingers repeatladly.

That's not good. Something the developer will have to address.

• I usually update day one for any new iOS version. But, my gut tells me to hold off a little while on this one.

Will wait until the early adopters have had enough time to shake it out first.

• @RajahP said:

@Porkycee said:

Yep… well, for SMP..

Hmmm. Could you check if there's a Setting to disable that gesture? It might be hidden in Accessibility, if it's not in the obvious places.

• @uncledave said:

@RajahP said:

@Porkycee said:

Yep… well, for SMP..

Hmmm. Could you check if there's a Setting to disable that gesture? It might be hidden in Accessibility, if it's not in the obvious places.

Could not find any..

• Boy they really went heavy with the bold lockscreen clock time huh

• I like the new chunky clock display on the Lock Screen

• @oat_phipps said:
    Boy they really went heavy with the bold lockscreen clock time huh

That's customizable, so if you like the thinner font you can change it back. I'm not a fan of the chunky font either.

• @Samu said:
    tvOS got an update to 16.0, iPadOS got updated to 15.7 and macOS Monterey got an update to 12.6 and those fruitWatches got an update too.

15.7 you say, so I guess ios 15.6.1 is the last iPhone os before 16?

• I'm hoping the inclusion of DriverKit in iPadOS 16 is the harbinger of more professional music apps and integration possibilities... seems crazy to have iPad Pros with M1 and Thunderbolt otherwise

• @Samu said:
    tvOS got an update to 16.0, iPadOS got updated to 15.7 and macOS Monterey got an update to 12.6 and those fruitWatches got an update too.

Catalina never changes, LOL. Debating whether I am finally ready to update my Intel to Monterey.

• Never ever install major iOS updates the day they come out.. It’s just begging for trouble.

Pick up the 15.7 instead, and upgrade to 16 in a month or two after most app developers patch up the big bugs.

• edited September 2022

@god said:
    Never ever install major iOS updates the day they come out.. It’s just begging for trouble.

Pick up the 15.7 instead, and upgrade to 16 in a month or two after most app developers patch up the big bugs.

But it is so darn pretty..and runs so smooth.. pretty sure the kinks will be fix soon..

• edited September 2022

What about audio latency in aum, apeMatrix etc?
    I've heard that with every new iOS there is more latency added, it's crucial for me, cause I'm a guitar player and trying to get as less latency as possible. By the way, drambo has least cpu consumption.

• @Artair said:
    I've heard that with every new iOS there is more latency added, it's crucial for me, cause I'm a guitar player and trying to get as less latency as possible. By the way, drambo has least cpu consumption.

You heard wrong.

• @BroCoast said:

@Artair said:

You heard wrong.

I agree. Can’t say that there’s been any noticeable linear relationship between iOS version and latency.

• @Artair said:

Where did you hear that? I've seen no evidence of this as a regular occurrence.

• So anyone know if there’s anything relevant in how iOS 16 can affect Audio/MIDI music making that we all do here? If it’s all just pretty home screens and undoing texts then I am unfazed.

• @RajahP said:

@Porkycee said:

Yep… well, for SMP..

This is what i’m concerned about. Anyone else experiensing this?

• I really want to update but the copy paste thing will get aggravating real quick

• @Lorichs said:

@RajahP said:

@Porkycee said:

Yep… well, for SMP..

This is what i’m concerned about. Anyone else experiensing this?

It happens with most of the synths I've got, the midi keyboard on 4pockets apps, plus digistix and Audiokit AR-909 when you tap 3 drum pads at the same time repeatedly. It only seems to happen when opened as standalone - it doesn't seem to be a problem as an AU3 in Garageband and Cubasis 3.

• It's a 'developer thing' to fix and it's been there since iOS13 or so...
    https://www.hackingwithswift.com/example-code/uikit/how-to-disable-undo-redo-copy-and-paste-gestures-using-editinginteractionconfiguration

The lazy way to disable it is to enable assistive touch which can be toggled on/off in various ways.
    (I've got my toggle set to tripple tap on the home button, for devices without home button there might be other ways thru the control center etc.).

Mostly affects stand-alone apps and I've not seen it pop up even once when using AUv3's...

• @Samu said:
    It's a 'developer thing' to fix and it's been there since iOS13 or so...
    https://www.hackingwithswift.com/example-code/uikit/how-to-disable-undo-redo-copy-and-paste-gestures-using-editinginteractionconfiguration

The lazy way to disable it is to enable assistive touch which can be toggled on/off in various ways.
    (I've got my toggle set to tripple tap on the home button, for devices without home button there might be other ways thru the control center etc.).

Mostly affects stand-alone apps and I've not seen it pop up even once when using AUv3's...

Cool. I just got nerveous that it was a new ios thing that would require multible apps to be fixed

• Well my Lumbeat IAP’s aren’t restorable in Funk Drummer and Rock Drum Machine on my iPhone 13 with IOS16…bummer