Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Second album, ahem, ‘released’ : Sacred Geometries

edited September 2022 in Creations

I realised recently that I had a fair few noises out in the world now, made over the three years since I got into this Dark Ambient lark, and not all of them are completely terrible.

So I took the leap and made this second attempt at immortality more than just a BandCamp effort, stumping up the cash via Distrokid to have it as a sonic tombstone so it can hang round and haunt people I don’t like on Spotify as well, long after I’m pushing up the daisies. That is, if Spotify can survive the coming Ecopalypse, of course…

So anyway: this is it. All tracks previously demoed here, of course, and on my SoundCloud, so no surprises .

I’ll probably fillet a few more out of my, ahem ‘back catalogue’, over the next few months, so I can bin them off SoundCloud to make room for more doomy noise. You lucky, lucky people… :)

https://cthonicist1.bandcamp.com/album/sacred-geometries

‘Vanity publishing’, I think they used to call it, back in the day…

Comments

• Congrats, Svetlovska. I call it “archiving”. Something for 25th century musicologists to uncover in the sonic heap.

• Ha! I think they’d have to be pretty desperate if they were working on my stuff :) Although I suppose it’s possible that I am in fact an undiscovered future genius of atonality, and don’t even know it… ;)

• I could be mistaken, but isn't Distrokid one of the ones that only keeps your stuff on the platforms as long as you continue paying them?

• You can pay a one off ‘legacy’ fee for them to leave it up even if you close your account with them. It’s 49$, so not cheap, hence, as I said - vanity publishing:

“Leave a Legacy costs a one-time fee of $49 USD for albums (or any release composed of two or more songs) and $29 USD for singles. If you're not sure you want to opt-in at the time of release, you can always go into your releases and add it later in your career.”

• Ahh cool, thanks for clarifying.

• edited September 2022

Thank you! I just checked, and as of this morning, 0930 GMT, it’s available on both Spotify and Tidal, you know, just like a proper rekkid ‘n all. :) Amazing what ‘pay to play’ can accomplish…

Now I just have to work out how I get to write an ‘artist’ blurb for these sites, upload some moody photo implying I hang around ruined warehouses at midnight playing with alien technology and ancient runes. (The warehouse needs probably to be in a forest, and back lit by powerful spotlights.)

Then I can call myself a ‘Producer/Artist/Shaman’ , lie about how the sonic inspiration for my work came from my personal involvement in the dismantling of the Berlin Wall with a pneumatic drill on the big night it all came down, sit back and…

…Find that it notches up a grand total of two plays, from sympathetic friends, over the next six months… ;)

• " Now I just have to work out how I get to write an ‘artist’ blurb for these sites, upload some moody photo implying I hang around ruined warehouses at midnight playing with alien technology and ancient runes. (The warehouse needs probably to be in a forest, and back lit by powerful spotlights.)

Then I can call myself a ‘Producer/Artist/Shaman’ , lie about how the sonic inspiration for my work came from my personal involvement in the dismantling of the Berlin Wall with a pneumatic drill on the big night it all came down, sit back and…

☝️
    You got it all written there already, the kids they're gonna love you !

• Just had a listen to the album, and it’s a thing of beauty.

• Thank you! One listener down; one to go! Seriously though - thanks for the listen, and the kind comment. It is much appreciated.

• Consider me one of the lucky one.
    Very nice work, and congratulations on another lifetime and beyond achievement.
    Keep the ball rolling, and enjoy the ride.
    Thank you.
    Rene

• Glad you made an album; It's great for my walks. I'm following you now on Bandcamp.

• edited September 2022

@ReneAsologuitar : thank you! @Stochastically : that’s great news! :) I will be adding more there in a month or so. I’m with you in spirit: One of the hidden advantages for me too is that it means I can finally listen to my own stuff uninterrupted when I’m on my constitutionals (weirdly, I do like listening to my own stuff).

And @rottencat : what can I say? Made me laugh out loud. I didn’t think anyone had actually visited my studio before… ;)

• Just listened all the way through on a decent speaker and it was darned good 👍
    Other than possibly Datura I didn’t find it ‘dark’ at all.
    Favourite was possibly ‘Blooming … confusion…’ followed by Quiessence.
    It all hangs together well so fully justifies the album status.
    You’re pretty good at this stuff 😊

• Nice! Congrats on the album release!

• Very nice to see you so productive! How’s Vampyr going?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very nice to see you so productive! How’s Vampyr going?

I’m not sure about anyone else, but that’s where I’m at with it 😎

• @Krupa said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Very nice to see you so productive! How’s Vampyr going?

I’m not sure about anyone else, but that’s where I’m at with it 😎

That looks right on time!

• Indeed, just ten more days of this to bear 😍

• congratulations @Svetlovska !
    nice bells in fourth track 👍