Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vatanator Pro

Comments

• @anickt said:
    There is auto save in the settings

Right, my bad - thanks! Will give the app more time now, other points still stand. I’ve been very negative about it but I actually like to work with it, it just needs to get stable and worked on quite some more.

• edited September 2022

@yokotate said:

@anickt said:

Right, my bad - thanks! Will give the app more time now, other points still stand. I’ve been very negative about it but I actually like to work with it, it just needs to get stable and worked on quite some more.

@JohnnyGoodyear

I agree with you @yokotate It’s not for everyone but I can see myself getting a lot out of it. I have contacted the devs a couple of times and received quick response. Their other apps, while someway quirky in approach like this one is, are some of my favorites.

• edited September 2022

@pr4y_4_beats said:

@israelite said:
    Definitely a nice clean UI but would be good to be able to customize it by changing hue/saturation of this very neutral khaki color.

Guys most music production apps get bogged down cpu wise by the graphics of an app, those take up a lot if not most of the RAM for an app. The less graphics it uses usually the more it can do. I really like the simple ui here, and think it should stay, for stability reasons…. Just my opinion

@pr4y_4_beats said:

@israelite said:
    Definitely a nice clean UI but would be good to be able to customize it by changing hue/saturation of this very neutral khaki color.

Guys most music production apps get bogged down cpu wise by the graphics of an app, those take up a lot if not most of the RAM for an app. The less graphics it uses usually the more it can do. I really like the simple ui here, and think it should stay, for stability reasons…. Just my opinion

Adding an option to tweak hue/saturation would not increase ram usage. And with powerful hardware like we have right now looking for optimization by limiting number of bitmaps in the ui (user interface is crucial for users to be able to engage with the app) is not really a way to go. Just my opinion.

• @israelite said:

@pr4y_4_beats said:

@israelite said:

@pr4y_4_beats said:

@israelite said:

Adding an option to tweak hue/saturation would not increase ram usage. And with powerful hardware like we have right now looking for optimization by limiting number of bitmaps in the ui (user interface is crucial for users to be able to engage with the app) is not really a way to go. Just my opinion.

Exactly. Like Toneboosters does it, lots of color themes. In Apematrix you can switch between color themes as well. For a clean UI this could be a very helpful and welcoming option.

• edited September 2022

@yokotate said:
    Alright, let’s get this out of the way real fast: the price is ridiculous. This thing needs a lot of work and some more time in the oven. Yes, it is fast to get something groovy going. It is also fast to lose your nice jam, like hard crash, gone in a blink fast. Just happened to me, right when I was going to song mode to save my work.

It is nice when it works, warts and all. This should have been beta tested before going to the app store for ANY price. I had it crash two times in about 30 minutes. No auto save states here, you either are lucky and saved right before the crash or it is all gone. Doesn’t help that in order to save you have to change a page into song mode first.

Now, there is a lot going for it as it lends itself to a quick work flow and reminds me a lot of Korg Gadget in the way songs are build up but the crashes and little bugs here and there are just unacceptable, especially considering the price. I’ll see how the updates are going in the next two weeks, else I’ll refund my purchase.
    I’ll only open it up again when there is a stability update, else it’s just a waste of time. I do hope this gets turned around to a stable environment and the various bugs get ironed out. There is a lot to like here but it really shouldn’t have been released in its current state and the price, even with everything in working order, isn’t reasonable.

Reminds me of the whole Benn Jordan 'Customers should not be beta testers' controversy with Akai. I fully agree. Some devs may for their own reasons choose not to beta test, and that is fully their choice, but are doing their customers - and themselves - a disservice by not doing so. Particularly in the iOS world where it is often not easy to get a refund.

• I offered to beta test Vatanator Pro when I sent the dev a email about some issues he never mentioned about a beta getting back to me so I assume he doesn’t beta test !

• Disregarding the bugs, does it do anything particularly unique or good for sequencing? I’ve heard a couple people say it’s good for quick work, how so? Any clever little functions that can’t be gotten elsewhere ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I offered to beta test Vatanator Pro when I sent the dev a email about some issues he never mentioned about a beta getting back to me so I assume he doesn’t beta test !

Did the same, no response 🤦🏾‍♂️

• @anickt said:

Is it not on by default?

• @NeuM said:

@anickt said:

Is it not on by default?

I don’t recall but I think not. I could be wrong.

As far as the interface, IMHO it’s fine as it is and I’d much rather have the dev focus on other things than spend time on that. It’s something that can be looked at after the real issues are dealt with.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:
    Does this anything the super stable, cpu-efficient base version of gadget doesn't do?

AUv3 for one. I haven’t used Gadget in a while but VP is more suited to my brain. I don’t care for Gadget TBH.

• @anickt said:

@yokotate said:

@anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear

I agree with you @yokotate It’s not for everyone but I can see myself getting a lot out of it. I have contacted the devs a couple of times and received quick response. Their other apps, while someway quirky in approach like this one is, are some of my favorites.

Agreed. Electrogene and Vatanator are 2 of my favorites. Really looking forward to snatching this up next week.

• @ehehehe said:

@anickt said:

@ehehehe said:
    Does this anything the super stable, cpu-efficient base version of gadget doesn't do?

AUv3 for one. I haven’t used Gadget in a while but VP is more suited to my brain. I don’t care for Gadget TBH.

Good point, that's a major difference. I don't really get the sounds i want out of gadget, but it is the slickest groovebox-type thing i know of. Also super efficient, could run 12+ tracks on an air 2 with automation and the works. The standalone synths are super useful and very good emulations when proper fx is applied. Too bad the ifx and master limiter (personal conspiracy that) sucks balls.

Get drambo

• edited September 2022

Sounds like you haven't tried hosting AUs in Drambo. It's far better than Gadget. You can use Drambo without ever building anything.

• Drambo doesn’t float my boat either. Nor do the Loopy’s. And there are others. A lot of what people rave about on this forum makes no sense to me. But it doesn’t have to because I don’t have to use any of it. Everyone’s different.

• @ehehehe said:

@cokomairena said:

@ehehehe said:

@anickt said:

@ehehehe said:

Good point, that's a major difference. I don't really get the sounds i want out of gadget, but it is the slickest groovebox-type thing i know of. Also super efficient, could run 12+ tracks on an air 2 with automation and the works. The standalone synths are super useful and very good emulations when proper fx is applied. Too bad the ifx and master limiter (personal conspiracy that) sucks balls.

Get drambo

Have it, not very impressed with the interface, workflow or any demos. Seems like it only exists on this website. Sunrizer and Zeeon in Cubasis provides me with same-ish synth sounds without building synths. Finding the comparison with Elektron boxes pretty ridiculous tbf. I like specialized tools doing one thing very good rather than a bunch of lego bricks (with mediocre results according to my taste).

Not beta testing seems like the worst marketing scheme ever.

Mmm I’m not talking about sound but workflow. I only use drambo with AUv3. Its like an overpowered Korg gadget. Maybe you haven’t tried it in standalone mode? Check my channel https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCf-TlBYpPUWsrGpm3sTlIfQ and feel free to ask me anything.

• @Ailerom said:

@pr4y_4_beats said:

@israelite said:

I agree. Just waiting for a more thorough video review to see exactly how it function. UI looks good to me.

I like it 2, but could use maybe one contrasting color, and a few very minor touches. All in all though I like the simplicity.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Ailerom said:

@pr4y_4_beats said:

@israelite said:

I agree. Just waiting for a more thorough video review to see exactly how it function. UI looks good to me.

I like it 2, but could use maybe one contrasting color, and a few very minor touches. All in all though I like the simplicity.

Reminds me a little of the TAL interfaces. With less colour obviously.

• DRC synth only has basic colours not to different from that.

• edited September 2022

Sooo…

1. Poor UI color scheme–no options to adjust
    2. Non standard 4x3 pads (but you can scroll in the 4th row)😏
    3. Crashes in Song Mode—sometimes—unpredictable stability😕
    4. No video overviews on features
    5. Over priced 🤨
    6. No video walk thrus or great jams using the app 🥹

Hrmmmm…doesn’t sound very tempting.

Are we now paying over $20 to sign up as Beta Testers for iOS apps?

I didn’t see this memo.

Why are you all putting yourselves through this kind of frustration when you can spend that time refining your skills in BM3, Drambo, Koala, Gadget and other apps which aren’t bug ridden, crashy and highly usable and productive?

This feels like iMPC Pro all over again. So much potential. But you can’t lose Song Data.

Anyhoo…good luck and thanks for the reporting on this app but I’m not touching it with a ten foot pole from what I’m reading 🤓

• @echoopera said:
    Sooo…

1. Poor UI color scheme–no options to adjust
    2. Non standard 4x3 pads (but you can scroll in the 4th row)😏
    3. Crashes in Song Mode—sometimes—unpredictable stability😕
    4. No video overviews on features
    5. Over priced 🤨
    6. No video walk thrus or great jams using the app 🥹

Hrmmmm…doesn’t sound very tempting.

Are we now paying over $20 to sign up as Beta Testers for iOS apps?

I didn’t see this memo.

Why are you all putting yourselves through this kind of frustration when you can spend that time refining your skills in BM3, Drambo, Koala, Gadget and other apps which aren’t bug ridden, crashy and highly usable and productive?

This feels like iMPC Pro all over again. So much potential. But you can’t lose Song Data.

Anyhoo…good luck and thanks for the reporting on this app but I’m not touching it with a ten foot pole from what I’m reading 🤓

Absoluckingfutely

• edited September 2022

@cokomairena said:

@ehehehe said:

@anickt said:

@ehehehe said:

Get drambo

Drambo is NOT everyone’s solution!! The damn app isn’t even in the top 100 paid apps. It’s a Groovebox with modular capabilities, okay but the shit ain’t “THE WHEEL”or “THE HOLY GRAIL”. It doesn’t speak to everyone. I get it, it spoke to you ..you’re a fan 👏🏾👏🏾. I brought it, opened it twice and never touched it again. Glad to help the dev with the $20 but useless for me. Enough with the

D
    R
    A
    M
    B
    O

Nonsense 😂😭😂

• @ninobeatz said:

Drambo is NOT everyone’s solution!! The damn app isn’t even in the top 100 paid apps.

Depends on where in the world you are...
    ...In 'Music' category Drambo is #25 on the Swedish AppStore :sunglasses:

• edited September 2022

@Samu said:

@ninobeatz said:

Drambo is NOT everyone’s solution!! The damn app isn’t even in the top 100 paid apps.

Number 15 in U.K. 👍

• @Samu said:

@ninobeatz said:

Last I checked #106 in the US But..that's not my point. There are various ways into music on IOS and Drambo isn't a solution for everyone. That's just the facts. I know a lot of you guys swear by it but it is what it is

• edited September 2022

Ima just leave this here. Let's kill this debate

That's paid apps for MUSIC on iPad TODAY

• @ninobeatz said:
    There are various ways into music on IOS and Drambo isn't a solution for everyone.

I'm perfectly aware of this and even though I'm a "Drambonian" I know it's not for everyone.
    Plenty of other apps fall into this category with SunVox being another prime example.

It's always a fun challenge when someone asks if something can be done with Dumbo or Suckyvox :sunglasses:

Needless to say but there are apps some praise that I simply just can't stand and vice versa.
    I'm back to Logic for daw duties as I simply can't cope with an 'DAW' that's called Cubawhaitisthish...

Cheers!