Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vatanator Pro

Vatanator Pro is $22.99 on introductory pricing.

Comments

• Seems pretty cool. Nice features. iOS 12... Low footprint (92MB)
    If it wasn't for my lack of credits on my account and the price, I would get it now :lol:

For the time being, i'll share the demo video

• Looks interesting, at least going by the few useful fragments the demo video actually shows of the software :o

• Does look interesting, but we
    Really already have an amazing
    App that can do that, and a whole lot
    More. Knowing me, I might
    Buy it anyway, but it’s pretty
    Obvious that it’s really not something we need.

😁

• I’m a big fan of all this devs apps and I’m a sucker for any iOS sampler/drum machine/groovebox. Sure we (and I) already have a lot of apps that can do the same thing, but I find each one inspires me in a different way, so I can definitely see myself snatching this up.

• Vatanator (v1) won me over with its copious vintage kits yet almost everything else felt considerably fiddly and limiting.

I’ve got high hopes for ‘Pro which on paper sounds like it could be magnificent.

• This seems promising.

• @Proppa said:
    Vatanator (v1) won me over with its copious vintage kits yet almost everything else felt considerably fiddly and limiting.

I’ve got high hopes for ‘Pro which on paper sounds like it could be magnificent.

Vatanator is one of my most used drum machines. I like the way the automation is handled, the effects sound mostly good, the recording/chaining process is very easy. Overall a great, underrated app. I have high hopes for this one as well.

Can’t buy it until next weekend but I’m excited to give it a shot.

• Interesting, looks like a competitor to Koala than Drambo. A bit limited comparatively. On the fence whether I'll get it.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Does look interesting, but we

😁

L
    M
    A
    O
    !

• Makes me think of Korg Gadget and Dirtywave M8 for some reason.

• Why don't these people in these kind of promo video's enjoy the scenery they walk through, instead of staring at their iPad's :)
    It's the same with commercials of cars driving through nordic scenery's.
    They sell emotion instead of the product.
    I want to see what this product is capable of, otherwise i won't buy it.

• edited September 2022

Really good to see a dev take the bull by the horns and give iOS musicians another choice of a DAW/ Sequencer AU host. Not sure how limited it is but on first use looks really engaging. Ok I know we have the Drambo comparisons already but if you don’t need the modular elements in a DAW/ Sequencer and fed up BM3 has stopped adding features, this looks pretty interesting.

I personally don’t mind the dark grey GUI non colour in this I suppose the gold standard is does it implement AU midi out the box.?

• I’d be interested to know a few things if anyone takes the plunge with this one:

1. It looks like it has the concept of pattern clips on an arranger - can these be optionally ‘linked’ like in NS2 so that changing one instance changes them all?
    2. Does the piano roll offer the ability to enter a mixture of note lengths (plus triplets, dotted etc) in the same pattern?
    3. How is its MIDI export and mixdown capabilities?

Thanks.

• edited September 2022

Just sent the dev a quick message. The AU instrument selection option seems a bit hit and miss showing available AU,s and had 1 crash so far. Doesn’t appear to have auto save for songs.

• edited September 2022

Also effects seem limited at present to 1 per track in mixer view with no master chain I may be wrong.

The concept of Valanator Pro is more Groovebox and sequencer the workflow looks interesting thought.

• edited September 2022

Just heard back from dev. They are aware of AU not showing randomly and a fix should be out in a day or 2.

A workaround for the moment is to go to some other instrument and go back to the one with the plugin that doesn’t show. There is also auto-save but it should be enabled in the app preferences (the gear button in the top right corner). Midi plugins should work as well, current workflow is to add it let’s say on ins 1, then on another instrument, in midi in settings, one should see the midi plugin as input device. We also have plans to support more that 1 fx per instrument, but it will take some time to implement,

He said he keep me informed so good communication is nice to see from a dev.

He also said a manual is due within the week hopefully.

• I don’t want to be negative, but what a horrible color scheme they used for the GUI presentation.

• I really like the original Vatanator drum machine and still use it a lot, although it does misbehave a lot for me in AUM, but I still love it. This one looks very interesting.

• edited September 2022

Looks really interesting and with a clean UI from what I saw in the video, I’ll give it a spin.

• edited September 2022

1 AU fx per track is extremely limited. 3 or 4 would make more sense. Likely passing on it. Does it have a built-in limiter if no master fx?

• How does this compare to Drambo?

• edited September 2022

did i miss export features? Stems, .wav, .vatanator project files (as with .flsm project files w/FLSM app)?

maybe dev can join this thread/party

• edited September 2022

I sent the dev a link to this thread. More than 1 fx per track is coming. Still diving in on using it.

Can’t see any export options at present.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I sent the dev a link to this thread. More than 1 fx per track is coming. Still diving in on using it.

Can’t see any export options at present.

thanks comrade

• @Identor said:
    Why don't these people in these kind of promo video's enjoy the scenery they walk through, instead of staring at their iPad's :)

Ironically most of the video IS the scenery, rather than what’s happening on the iPad! :D

• @Edward_Alexander said:

😁

My breakfast flew out of my mouth and I had to explain to my wife what was so damn funny! Thank you!

• I pretty much have to have anything “groovebox” so I’ll probably get this soon

• Is there a manual?
    I'm having some issues, can't find a quantizer. and although i love making my drums live/unquantized, live drumming gets really off even with using the metronome. might be because my iPad is old-ish. Does anyone else experience this thing?
    I contacted the dev.

• @Sawiton said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

😁

My breakfast flew out of my mouth and I had to explain to my wife what was so damn funny! Thank you!

Thanks. I’m glad someone got a laugh. I was in a weird mood last night after being at work all day, and then I saw this thread about this new app…. Here’s the thing:

I don’t want to knock the developer for putting in all the hard work of creating an app like this. These apps don’t make themselves, and it absolutely takes a lot of time, and a lot of coding/programming skills to put something like this together. We have to respect that!

So here’s to the dev! I wish him much success with this endeavor, and I hope someone out there finds a use for it!

@cyberheater said:
    How does this compare to Drambo?

Well, on the surface, it looks like another “Groovebox” musical arrangement type app that can host AUv3s.

Other than that, what I can see that it doesn’t have, is:

1. A complete, built-in dynamic modular synthesizer
    2. The ability to be hosted as an AUv3 instrument and/or effect.