Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ergonomic position/placement of iPad with keyboard controller?

Im using iPad with digital casio piano, and with small akai mini keyboard LPK25, sometimes iPad alone. Alone is easiest, you know, with akai small keyboard even Ok for cleaning samples and trying them on keyboard, but for more serious playing I use 88 keys, and there is:
When I seat with piano, my hand can reach iPad but I often find myself trying to close my head to iPad , I mean I try to get closer, so back pain often occour. Sure I try to remember, but even with small keyboard I put iPad like this
and still I find (less but also) back pain.
How do you deal with this problem? Have you similar observation?

Comments

• edited September 2022

The first and easiest thing you can do is don’t use a round table. You’re creating a large apex between yourself and the gear.

• It could be how you’re sitting. Not quite the same, but playing the piano can be difficult and cause pain of you don’t sit upright and back far enough so that your forearms are horizontal.

• I appreciate response @Blipsford_Baubie, and this tabele has inside rectangle part to extend…. I will try If its better now.

Seems like better for eblows, need to use it longer to really know difference.
    On piano some tips where is Best placement to use modular like Drambo or sequencer edit? On the sheet note desk?

• edited September 2022

@michael_m Thanks! I like to sit rather high - like Dalailama ;) - but lately use normal chair , piano bench I put into carton and hide…. Maybe it is a problem that I sit now a little low, my eblows are on the same level as keys or even a little lower. Hmmm I will bring back piano bench, Im inspired to change.

• This is my old setup where I was sitting comfortably playing the keyboard and using my iPad. Find a seating position where your back is straight with support and your forearms as mentioned earlier, are horizontal. You might have to rethink both table and chair in order to achieve this. My setup was just cheap stuff from IKEA, but worked very well, no back pain.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @szczyp said:
    Im using iPad with digital casio piano, and with small akai mini keyboard LPK25, sometimes iPad alone. Alone is easiest, you know, with akai small keyboard even Ok for cleaning samples and trying them on keyboard, but for more serious playing I use 88 keys, and there is:
    When I seat with piano, my hand can reach iPad but I often find myself trying to close my head to iPad , I mean I try to get closer, so back pain often occour. Sure I try to remember, but even with small keyboard I put iPad like this ![]
    and still I find (less but also) back pain.
    How do you deal with this problem? Have you similar observation?

Get a riser (about 3 to 4 inches high) for your iPad so you can fit your keyboard closer under the iPad and your other device. I just bought a bamboo riser from the store "Aldi" and it does this for my computer, which lets me tuck my keyboard under it in a very compact way. It cost about $20. Look for risers which might be available at Target, Home Depot, OfficeMax, Walmart, Aldi, etc. They really don't have to be expensive.

• edited September 2022

I have a Ipad keyboard, in a case, I think the original one from Apple, and my screen has a more upright position, like a normal laptop. I like this more than my Ipad flat or with a small angle on a table.

And using a mouse can help operating the Ipad. The Ipad has touch screen, so I use it hybrid, if I have to click a lot, I use a mouse. For other things I use my fingers.

• thank you all, finally Im playing comfortable with normal piano bench, I was sitting too low. there is less than 10cm difference but it was a real difference (no pain now), so Im 😃 🙏 (great community!)