Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Folding laptop ! Yes no !

Comments

• Futuristic though

• Cool, but gimmicky. No thanks.

• No. Not for me.

• definitely yes for playing with ongaku

• Touchscreen? Perfect for Electronic Battleship in the 21st century!

• Until screens are as thin as the ones in Westworld. Foldable is a no.

• edited August 2022

If it works well(!) as the Samsung folding phones, that’s a definite no! Thing’ll cost a fortune and break in about a week.

• edited August 2022

Good Lord, no. But a touchscreen Macbook Pro might be in order.

• Out of curiosity I checked and it's $3,500. Absolutely not at that price. Especially since it sounds like it only has a one-year warranty (in the US), which feels way too risky for a first-gen product at that price.

• @captchaclicker said:
    Out of curiosity I checked and it's $3,500. Absolutely not at that price. Especially since it sounds like it only has a one-year warranty (in the US), which feels way too risky for a first-gen product at that price.

For $500 less than that I would get one of these, and don’t care that the screen doesn’t fold.

https://www.slatemt.com/raven-mtz/

• edited September 2022

@NeuM said:

Exactly.

But I must say that a foldable display looks like a great idea to me, at least if folding it thousands of times won't impact the display quality. A large display indside a small backpack? Why not!

• Yea. Apple has proven themselves in the touchscreen arena with tons of interesting apps and some have cross-platform compatibility. I don't feel there's a reason to touch anything Windows/Linux right now as I haven't heard of any killer touchscreen apps for Windows. Not that they're not there, just the implementation always seems an afterthought.

• @KirbyMumbo said:
    Yea. Apple has proven themselves in the touchscreen arena with tons of interesting apps and some have cross-platform compatibility. I don't feel there's a reason to touch anything Windows/Linux right now as I haven't heard of any killer touchscreen apps for Windows. Not that they're not there, just the implementation always seems an afterthought.

Bitwig is quite fun on a MS Surface. They made a touch interface a priority.

• No for me.

It is good to see new ideas and inventions, though.

• I’m not very wowed by it and there are too many ways I can think of it breaking that I’d feel uncomfortable owning it

• @AlmostAnonymous : I am looking at Bitwig, and am a big fan of a touch interface. Would you recommend the Bitwig/surface combo? If so, which surface? If it ran well, all plugs in etc, I’d be happy to use a Surface as a dedicated Bitwig-only tool.

• @rs2000 said:

@NeuM said:

Exactly.

But I must say that a foldable display looks like a great idea to me, at least if folding it thousands of times won't impact the display quality. A large display indside a small backpack? Why not!

Folding anything causes wear and if that display has flexible Gorilla glass on it, that's going to eventually shatter. If it only has a thick layer of plastic on it, it's going to scratch.

• edited September 2022

The screen has a plastic surface (mentioned in the video) and I certainly would not buy it.
    (Win10/11 out of bounds here and I don‘t trust in it‘s mechanical stability)
    But the design isn‘t entirely nonsense in a musical or DAW context.
    Control elements that require precision or wrist support could be implemented on the flat section of the device, while visual elements do to the tilted part.

• I’d like to see an Origami folding screen.

• I wouldn’t pay that for it, but yes… I’d buy the apple version of this eventually.