Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy pro as audio unit and setting tempo

Hi hope someone can help. I am pretty new to Loopy pro. I am keyboard player and playing with a drummer at the moment.

I wanted to be able to be jamming and then capture a loop of what I'm playing and use that to set tempo for other tempo synced stuff like arpeggios and lfos.

I tried Loopy pro to do the whole thing. But the problem is there are clicks and breakups of the the key AU3 synths I am using in Loop pro - mainly with Animoog (the buffer size is set to maximum). This doesn't happen when hosting the same synths in AUM. I am not sure if this is because CPU linitations as I have a first gen Ipad pro - and Loopy pro uses more Base level cpu than AUM.

I am not sure if I can use Loopy pro as an AU3 within AUM and set the tempo of AUM with the first loop in Loopy pro - from what I have Read this is not possible.

If this is not possible - is there a way of routing the audio via audiobus between the 2 apps and doing it this way. I only have an earlier version of audio bus and I think I would need to update to the latest version.

Hope someone can help

Comments

• @soupsounds said:
    Hi hope someone can help. I am pretty new to Loopy pro. I am keyboard player and playing with a drummer at the moment.

I wanted to be able to be jamming and then capture a loop of what I'm playing and use that to set tempo for other tempo synced stuff like arpeggios and lfos.

I tried Loopy pro to do the whole thing. But the problem is there are clicks and breakups of the the key AU3 synths I am using in Loop pro - mainly with Animoog (the buffer size is set to maximum). This doesn't happen when hosting the same synths in AUM. I am not sure if this is because CPU linitations as I have a first gen Ipad pro - and Loopy pro uses more Base level cpu than AUM.

I am not sure if I can use Loopy pro as an AU3 within AUM and set the tempo of AUM with the first loop in Loopy pro - from what I have Read this is not possible.

If this is not possible - is there a way of routing the audio via audiobus between the 2 apps and doing it this way. I only have an earlier version of audio bus and I think I would need to update to the latest version.

Hope someone can help

A couple of different things: I use Loopy Pro on an iPad 6 and don't have the sort of artifacts you are talking about. Can you post a screenshot of a setup that you are using that has that problem. It is possible that a simple change to how things are wired will solve the issues. i don't find Loopy Pro any heavier on the CPU than AUM. I use both.

If you are running Loopy Pro as an AU, you can get it to change AUM's tempo by setting AUM and the Loopy Pro AU to use Ableton Link. Turn off Host Sync in the AU and turn on Ableton Link. And turn on Ableton Link in AUM.

• @espiegel123 said:

If you are running Loopy Pro as an AU, you can get it to change AUM's tempo by setting AUM and the Loopy Pro AU to use Ableton Link. Turn off Host Sync in the AU and turn on Ableton Link. And turn on Ableton Link in AUM.

I didn’t know this! 🙏👏

• @tahiche said:

@espiegel123 said:

I didn’t know this! 🙏👏

I've added it to the tips and tricks page on the wiki.

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=loopy_pro_tips_and_tricks

• Oh yes, this is a beautiful thing. If you turn off host sync and enable Link in AUM and Loopy Pro, then un-set the tempo in Loopy, you can record a free-form loop, and as soon as you finish recording, Loopy will set the tempo in itself and AUM and also start AUM playback. It's a great way to start a looping session.

• Just checking cam Loopy pro operate as a multi bus plugin within AUM so you could process a 2nd channel of loopy pro separately or is that on the Roadmap.? Thanks Richard

• @soupsounds said:
    Just checking cam Loopy pro operate as a multi bus plugin within AUM so you could process a 2nd channel of loopy pro separately or is that on the Roadmap.? Thanks Richard

It is on the roadmap

• You also need to make sure the tempo is reset initially in Loopy Pro (top right) otherwise it won't work

@tahiche said:

@espiegel123 said:

I didn’t know this! 🙏👏