Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Cherry Audio Software Synth “Elka-X”, Based On The Synthex From The Early 80s

edited August 2022 in Desktop

If you love the sound of classic synths, this one might be right up your alley even though it is a relatively rare synth and not as well known as the bigger names of that era.

Video:
Cherry Audio site: https://cherryaudio.com/products/elka-x

If nothing else, might be worth a trial run on your desktop. I’ll be doing that shortly myself.

(EDIT: Corrected the headline to Early 80s, from Late 70s)

Comments

• Looks cool.

• edited August 2022

@auxmux said:
    Looks cool.

Yes, it does. :)

And I made a quick test using it for all tracks (including the kick drum, but not the rest of the percussion).

I guess I’ll consider buying this one. I have quite the Cherry Audio collection now.

• So, I bought it. There's a very nice CS80 inspired patch which sold me, but the sheer volume of patches would've sufficed anyway. It's a nice synth.

• Same, I think this is their best sounding synth. Others have sounded a bit thin.

• @auxmux said:
    Same, I think this is their best sounding synth. Others have sounded a bit thin.

I'm able to get thin and shrill sounding FM sounds out of this one, but also some very fat and Moogy-sounding basses. It has quite a range of possibilities.

• yep, I love all their stuff, but this one has a reaaaally good sound to it. And, as a preset junkie, I've been pleasantly surprised.

• edited August 2022

@drez said:
    yep, I love all their stuff, but this one has a reaaaally good sound to it. And, as a preset junkie, I've been pleasantly surprised.

Completely agree.

Also, I've discovered I can get some very 'metal' sounding power chords by manipulating bass patches and running through distortion. Sounds slightly alien, but interesting.

• Having had the synthex for more than 10 years I’m eager to try it! Was one of most missed of the synths I sold!

• @Synthi said:
    Having had the synthex for more than 10 years I’m eager to try it! Was one of most missed of the synths I sold!

Oh that is awesome! How does it compare to what you remember?

• @Synthi said:
    Having had the synthex for more than 10 years I’m eager to try it! Was one of most missed of the synths I sold!

Yes, let us know how it compares. As you probably already know, you can download a free trial version from the Cherry Audio site or even from a site like Pluginboutique.com (that’s where I bought it because I had some credits I applied to get another $5 knocked off the price).

• I`ll try it tonight or tomorrow and will let you know, Thanks!

• You know, playing around with it some more, it's striking how close to a Prophet-5 it can sound. Pretty neat.