Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro & Xequence as one thing

tjatja
edited August 2022 in Loopy Pro

@SevenSystems said:

@tja said:

@SevenSystems said:

Oh and btw, I didn't even know Loopy Pro was this powerful. I always thought it was just another kind of "looping toy for the kidz" πŸ€ͺ maybe it should get a more PRO (TM) name... Xoopy!

Loopy Pro is sheer unbelievable!

If you have some bucks left, give it a try!
This is a serious recommendation.
It's already the better part of a complete DAW, a dynamic arranger and offers a user-definable multi-page layout and GUI for everything.

Yeah I'm very surprised. Now they just need to hire some Irish dev for licensing their pianoroll editor 🀣

Now ...

To be honest, this would be dope!!!

Not sure how this could be done technically, as I believe that Loopy Pro and Xequence don't even use the same programming language.

But having a full Xequence editor with everything as part of a piano roll exist in Loopy Pro - just WOWWW!!!

Would take all that required work from @Michael, just as in the Unix-sense of things: Make tools that are good at one thing and combine them.

And about licensing ...

Maybe as an IAP for both Apps?

Just telling (and asking) πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ€—πŸ€—

Comments

• edited August 2022

πŸ˜‡ I was half joking of course...

But the apparent fact that syncing Xequence + Loopy Pro via MIDI now gives you a fully functional, complete DAW with fully synced (including absolute song position), set & forget audio tracks could probably be publicized more, yes. (I'll be sure to include a sample setup for this in the next manual update)

Looking forward to people testing this setup more and suggestions for potential improvements.

• At first I would see split view in xsequece to be able not switch apps.
    I dont set and FORGET audio, I keep contact with audio, midi, fx and mix.

• @szczyp said:
    At first I would see split view in xsequece to be able not switch apps.

Thanks, I didn't know Loopy Pro supported split view (I've considered adding support to Xequence, but no other app I've ever tried supported it, so I kind of saw it as pointless).

BTW, it'll be as easy as a single tap in Xequence 2.4 to switch between Xequence and Loopy Pro (or any other app that is an IAA host) :

• @SevenSystems said:

@szczyp said:

Thanks, I didn't know Loopy Pro supported split view (I've considered adding support to Xequence, but no other app I've ever tried supported it, so I kind of saw it as pointless).

BTW, it'll be as easy as a single tap in Xequence 2.4 to switch between Xequence and Loopy Pro (or any other app that is an IAA host) :

Oh, wow 😳

That like AudioBus πŸ˜…πŸ€—

BTW, you can enable a visible cursor for such videos - to better show what you're doing.

• @SevenSystems said:

Oh, yes please, PLEASE!!!

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

• edited August 2022

@SevenSystems said:

@szczyp said:

Split view support as good alternative to X2 as AUv3??
    Would be grand if AUM also did split view...

(Edit: ThumbJam also supports split view)

• and Drambo also support split view

• @tja said:

@SevenSystems said:

Oh, yes please, PLEASE!!!

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

+1 (now i often slide over loopy for midi learning purposes, but that's a little small)

• @tja said:
    BTW, you can enable a visible cursor for such videos - to better show what you're doing.

Thanks! I guess it shows I'm a software developer, not a video producer 😬

• edited August 2022

@crushed said:
    Would be grand if AUM also did split view...

Yeah, when I saw, much to my surprise, that even AUM, the arch-grandfather of all AUv3 hosting goodnesses, doesn't support it, I pretty much scrapped the idea altogether ☺️