Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

List of AUv3 apps that work on M1 Macs (and in Ableton)

Comments

• Multi Track Studio (MTS) on Mac supports iPad auv3’s and AU midi fx. (Atom 2 piano roll) and many others work in MTS (mac)

• edited June 2022

@factory_of_lights said:

Has anyone had success with Zeeon in Logic Pro? It's failing AU validation for me. Also @giku_beepstreet the mouse tracking seems to be off in the standalone version. Is this a known error?

Thanks for all that you do!

Same here, I was eager to use Zeeon in Logic but the AU can't be validated :(
    Also, in standalone mode, i can't seem to be able to restore the purchase of the synthwave preset pack I bought on the iOS version.

EDIT: it works in Logic now after the latest update

• edited June 2022

@factory_of_lights said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Just for a moment, there is an unknown AUVal error :/ btw. Zeeon works

Has anyone had success with Zeeon in Logic Pro? It's failing AU validation for me. Also @giku_beepstreet the mouse tracking seems to be off in the standalone version. Is this a known error?

Thanks for all that you do!

Ah. Didn't realize others had discovered this beforehand. Same issue with mouse tracking being off and (in my case) Zeeon does not work as an AU in macOS GarageBand. So it's not just a Logic Pro issue.

• Why might some apps not be showing up in my "iPhone and iPad Apps" listing in the mac App Store? I know I have the right account signed in. I searched for Zeeon, which I own, but it only appears as a purchase option on desktop. Ideas?

• @aaronpc said:
    Why might some apps not be showing up in my "iPhone and iPad Apps" listing in the mac App Store? I know I have the right account signed in. I searched for Zeeon, which I own, but it only appears as a purchase option on desktop. Ideas?

If you bought it on iOS, you can download it to desktop. I don't know what happens when you buy it on desktop first... presumably it would be available on both macOS and iOS for download since Beep Street doesn't sell it as two distinctly different versions of the software.

• Yeah, there seem to be a few problems with Zeeon. I also had to „buy“ it again, but I didn’t get charged in the end. Unfortunately, the AUv3 isn’t entirely stable, I get a white screen from time to time. This has also caused a working instance to crash while I tried to load a second instance.

• Do Bram Bos AUv3 apps work in Ableton?

• @prtr_jan said:

That’s exciting, on the post he says all his apps, the ‘scapers would be ace if that’s what he means, but LoopField will be great anyway

• @Krupa said:

@prtr_jan said:

That’s exciting, on the post he says all his apps, the ‘scapers would be ace if that’s what he means, but LoopField will be great anyway

Apparently just the au ones from what he said in reply to me on insta…

• No sound from Drambo standalone on my Mac mini.

• edited July 2022

Spatializer also works on M1.

Given the current state of AUv3 support in mac OS apps, we're still very much looking to get more feedback from pro desktop users, especially before greenlighting the full M1 + intel release in the app store.

If anyone is willing to take the plugin for a spin and could provide feedback, especially relating to how host limitations for AUv3's impact their workflows (and their personal views towards how any such shortcoming could impact the plugin's/vendor's perception - especially for users who are accustomed to AUv2's only), we would very highly appreciate it. Please message us for an invite (Monterey required for TestFlight).

Thanks.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Now that Ableton is finally adding AUv3 support, I’m looking for great iOS apps that work on the Mac.

There are a few threads that mention them, but no good lists.

I’ll start:

Moog Model D

How is Moog Model D supposed to be run in a DAW like Live or in any other way on macOS? Was this possible previously somehow? Anyone succeeded? Korg doesn't even list Model D as a product at the Korg site. That's sad as they giving it away in 2020 created great good will for them, I do think.

• @MikaelB said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Now that Ableton is finally adding AUv3 support, I’m looking for great iOS apps that work on the Mac.

I’ll start:

Moog Model D

How is Moog Model D supposed to be run in a DAW like Live or in any other way on macOS? Was this possible previously somehow? Anyone succeeded? Korg doesn't even list Model D as a product at the Korg site. That's sad as they giving it away in 2020 created great good will for them, I do think.

You cant get Model D anymore for mac, only Animoog Z and Model 15 from Moog. Also Eventide plugins and many others are no longer available for mac. Id rather take Model D than Model 15, but Model 15 is a good substitute for D

• @ToMess said:

@MikaelB said:

@mistercharlie said:

I’ll start:

Moog Model D

You cant get Model D anymore for mac, only Animoog Z and Model 15 from Moog. Also Eventide plugins and many others are no longer available for mac. Id rather take Model D than Model 15, but Model 15 is a good substitute for D

Because Moog hasn’t yet offered Model D on macOS, I went ahead and bought Miniverse by Cherry Audio. It lacks the built in effects the Model D has on iOS, but it’s a terrific emulation and well worth the $39.00 price.

• edited August 2022

@ToMess said:
    You cant get Model D anymore for mac,

Surely this discussion is not about software for Mac, but rather about running iOS software on M1/M2 Macs, no?

See OP post:

@mistercharlie said:
    …I’m looking for great iOS apps that work on the Mac.

Did you perhaps mean that at one point Korg offered wrappers like how they do with Model 15?

• edited August 2022

@MikaelB said:

@ToMess said:
    You cant get Model D anymore for mac,

Surely this discussion is not about software for Mac, but rather about running iOS software on M1/M2 Macs, no?

See OP post:

@mistercharlie said:
    …I’m looking for great iOS apps that work on the Mac.

Did you perhaps mean that at one point Korg offered wrappers like how they do with Model 15?

I was talking about that you cannot get iOS Model D on M1 mac anymore. Mac only Model D does not exist either.

• edited August 2022

ok so here is an updated list -auv3 plugins I've been using without any issues in Live11.2b7-

Uwyn - Midi Tape Recorder
    Jorge Costa - VisualSwift

Moog - AnimoogZ + Model15
    BeepStreet - Drambo + Zeeon + Sunrizer
    Mifki - miRack
    Marek Bereza - Koala + KoalaFX
    Alexander Zolotov - Fractal Bits + Sunvox
    Burns Audio - Spectrum Synthesizer Bundle
    Virsyn - Tera Pro + Teraverse
    Nikolozi Meladze - Mela3
    Kira Q - KQ Dixie
    Arturia - iSEM

Igor Vasiliev - Spacefields + AltiSpace2
    Apesoft - ApeDelay
    Anthony Di Furia - Infinitum Delayrium
    Lofionic - Duplicat

• @mistercharlie Could you update the original post to add those identified in later posts? Would be great to have them all in one post.

• edited August 2022

@cazel said:
    ok so here is an updated list -auv3 plugins I've been using without any issues in Live11.2b7-

Mifki - miRack
    Nikolozi Meladze - Mela3
    Kira Q - KQ Dixie
    Arturia - iSEM

Apesoft - ApeDelay
    Lofionic - Duplicat

Duplicat wants me to buy it again for mac, even tho i bought it for ipad already :( Also it does not show on bought list or mac app store, but i had to open the link through web browser to even find the app on mac. Sucks because there is something about it that i really like.

Same thing with iSem.

Others apps i found to appear on ableton(have not tested them all yet) and were still available on app store few days ago:

• @michael_m said:
    @mistercharlie Could you update the original post to add those identified in later posts? Would be great to have them all in one post.

A wiki entry might be better, so anyone can add to it. I’ll see about adding one

• @ToMess said:

@cazel said:

Mifki - miRack
    Nikolozi Meladze - Mela3
    Kira Q - KQ Dixie
    Arturia - iSEM

Apesoft - ApeDelay
    Lofionic - Duplicat

Duplicat wants me to buy it again for mac, even tho i bought it for ipad already :( Also it does not show on bought list or mac app store, but i had to open the link through web browser to even find the app on mac. Sucks because there is something about it that i really like.

Same thing with iSem.

Others apps i found to appear on ableton(have not tested them all yet) and were still available on app store few days ago:

Not sure if this is the case, but when we released our iOS AUv3 for the M1, it also didn't show up as bought when we tested the store experience afterwards. The button displayed the full dollar amount, but after you went ahead with the purchase it showed a popup that you already owned the app, hence there was no charge.

• update:

Igor Vasiliev - Spacefields + AltiSpace2 + SoundSaw

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    No sound from Drambo standalone on my Mac mini.

It's never worked on my M1 Mac Mini. Tried support, but they seem to have run out of ideas.

I get this when I try and open it now:

"Can't activate audio device (RemoteIO start error 0). Please restart Drambo."

• Officially out now, fingers crossed we get a deluge of compatible apps soon! Spacecraft very buggy, Moog apps seem fine, Polywave working if a bit CPU hungry. JOY!

• edited September 2022

@monz0id said:
    It's never worked on my M1 Mac Mini. Tried support, but they seem to have run out of ideas.

Sorry for responding to an old post, but do you have any audio loopback software such as Loopback or Blackhole installed? I had very similar issues with certain apps failing to output any sound and when I got rid of the loopback software (I think it was Blackhole), the problems immediately went away.

• Just did a quick test with a preset from Drambo in Ableton 11.2. Seems to work fine with a MIDI clip feeding into it.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@monz0id said:

Sorry for responding to an old post, but do you have any audio loopback software such as Loopback or Blackhole installed? I had very similar issues with certain apps failing to output any sound and when I got rid of the loopback software (I think it was Blackhole), the problems immediately went away.

Thanks for the reply - no, none of that installed at all, and other compatible iPad apps work fine.

Just tested again in standalone, as I updated to the latest Big Sur recently, and still get an "Can't activate audio device (RemoteIO start error 0). Please restart Drambo." error.

I can close this and still open Drambo, but when I load a demo track, it still doesn't play, and there's still no sound from the pads.

Just doesn't work.

@Calverhall said:
    Just did a quick test with a preset from Drambo in Ableton 11.2. Seems to work fine with a MIDI clip feeding into it.

Ableton 10.1.43 - won't load at all.

• @monz0id said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

@monz0id said:

Thanks for the reply - no, none of that installed at all, and other compatible iPad apps work fine.

Just tested again in standalone, as I updated to the latest Big Sur recently, and still get an "Can't activate audio device (RemoteIO start error 0). Please restart Drambo." error.

I can close this and still open Drambo, but when I load a demo track, it still doesn't play, and there's still no sound from the pads.

Just doesn't work.

@Calverhall said:
    Just did a quick test with a preset from Drambo in Ableton 11.2. Seems to work fine with a MIDI clip feeding into it.

I apologise if I'm jumping the gun and this is a specific problem for a M1 Mac mini, as I tested on a MacBook Pro M1 pro machine.
    But AUv3 won't work at all on any Live version before 11.2 anyway.

• edited September 2022

@Calverhall said:

@monz0id said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

@monz0id said:

Just doesn't work.

@Calverhall said:

I apologise if I'm jumping the gun and this is a specific problem for a M1 Mac mini, as I tested on a MacBook Pro M1 pro machine.
    But AUv3 won't work at all on any Live version before 11.2 anyway.

Yeah I just tested it that way just out of interest, the main test was in standalone mode. Logic refuses to load it, but that does support my other iOS compatible apps.

It’s never worked in standalone mode on my Mini, won’t run, not a squeak from the audio at all. The dev interacted for a while but they didn’t reply to my last response.

Says it ‘works on this Mac’ on the app store, but it doesn’t.