Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“Elegy”

McDMcD
edited August 2022 in Creations

I recorded the public
piano and imported the audio into Koala to isolate something useful. Then I added some ThumbJam cello and Mononoke with a heavy layer of Crystaline. All on the iPhone.

https://on.soundcloud.com/wjujvivUQSVLeWZSA

Comments

• 25 seconds in I caught myself saying “Wow” out loud. I’m glad you have been sharing these public piano pieces. Love the picture,too. Reminds me of the piano we had in our living room growing up.

• @MadeofWax said:
    25 seconds in I caught myself saying “Wow” out loud. I’m glad you have been sharing these public piano pieces. Love the picture,too. Reminds me of the piano we had in our living room growing up.

We had this ancient upright that had cigarette burns on the ivory keys, a couple keys that did not work, out of tune and terrible tone. But we loved it. My dad did a tour in Japan without the family and came back with an early Whurltizer epiano. It too soon had a cigarette stained bass key.

My dad died in a home fire… not cigarettes but too many devices in a one outlet and a faulty circuit breaker. Fire had his number.

He touched me with a passion for handmade music that didn’t come from printer notes but from stealing from records. By ear they would call it.

It’s funny how so many piano students never just play around with sound and quit when they can stop. Did I say funny? Maybe there’s a special meaning of funny that sees that Greek tragedy of musical engagement as a comedy of the God’s messing with a kid.

I think that strange story tells you something about the parenting. You must water a plant and praise a child to have blooms.

• Lovely sound you developed from that piano piece ... and we get to see the source of it all.

• Hi McD,
    Very nice background story, with photo and all.
    Done with iPhone, truly impressive sounds created.
    You are an artist, and your creativity is way up there.
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar said:
    You are an artist, and your creativity is way up there.

Thanks. I'm really aiming for "hack" status:

Hack - A person who is a professional at doing some sort of service, but does crappy work.

Why? I'm in it for the money.

• Not what I was expecting but a lovely piece… confused the hell out of me when it morphed into a mandolin summit but that’s the beauty of soundcloud…

• @GeoTony said:
    Not what I was expecting but a lovely piece… confused the hell out of me when it morphed into a mandolin…

Mandolins have 2 strings per note separated by an octave. This public piano has 3 per note unison… so the out of tune situation of a piano left outdoors for months creates extra harmonics and with a close mic’ed recording sounds very mandolin like in the upper end where they share common note range.

The very next day I walked by a guy practice mandolin and asked if I could record some notes.

Here’s the recording I made using my iphone:

https://on.soundcloud.com/34fD4GHvD6uXmtp29

Then I chop the recording and suck it into audiolayer and made a project from the new instrument:

https://on.soundcloud.com/erm9HdFrgQqSoxg57

I’ve been capturing sounds where ever I can with mixed results.

• Rapturously lovely.