Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

E-Instruments Pure Upright (Piano) Spoken Walkthrough, Comparison with Pure Piano

E-Instruments Pure Upright (Piano) Spoken Walkthrough, Comparison with Pure Piano & iOS Giveaway

Giveaway details, a brief review, links to some other apps used, as well as the AppStore link and description can all be found in the pinned YouTube comment. The video is a spoken walkthrough that shows all the features of the app and compares its sound with that of E-Instruments other piano app, Pure Piano, which is a grand piano as opposed to an upright.

Comments

• Why is it neccesary to shout?

• Jesus Pierre, take a chill pill. It’s a title. No worries, I’ll take away the caps> @Pierre118 said:

Why is it neccesary to shout?

• You may have to refresh the page for that to take effect. Major apologies for the inconvenience 🤷‍♀️

• @Gavinski said:
    Jesus Pierre, take a chill pill. It’s a title. No worries, I’ll take away the caps> @Pierre118 said:

I think it is you that need that pill...... ;)

• @Pierre118 said:

@Gavinski said:
    Jesus Pierre, take a chill pill. It’s a title. No worries, I’ll take away the caps> @Pierre118 said:

Update : caps gone, the pill did work. Good job!

• Yeah, I tend to be a bit grouchy after finishing the hours of admin involved in writing up the YouTube descriptions and other admin involved, as I genuinely hate that stuff. Apologies (this time actually sincere 😛)> @Pierre118 said:

@Gavinski said:

• Already bought it, couldn't resist. I'm an upright sucker 🤭 !

• @JanKun said:
    Already bought it, couldn't resist. I'm an upright sucker 🤭 !

I'm an upright sucker 😂 - I'm definitely getting double entendre vibes lol.

But yeah, I thought I would be fonder of Pure Piano, in fact I definitely find myself drawn to the sound of the upright too. Suck it and see!

• I hope they just keep making sample based apps based on their unique FX user interface.
    It’s such a time saver to dial in a mood.

But I suspect they will not get the sales out of each subsequent offering if they don’t sim for greater differentiation. The upright and subsequent keyboards could easily be IAP’s off the Pure Piano app since I’ll wager 90% of the code is identical. Switching between grand and upright should be in a pull down menu.

I bought it but I fear they will loose heart with reduce sales due to a lack of differentiation. When the @linearlineman balls over a keyboard (because he hates uprights probably due to club instruments that just sound bad) then you’ve lost your key demographic. In a blind test can you spot the sonic differences? In a mix?

Not to be negative but at $30 a pop most will pick one when they would have picked 2or more with a “add a keyboard” business plan like the Crudebytes Colossus scheme which drained me of about $125 overtime. And those suckers take hours to download due to some internet throttling that’s beyond cruel.

I haven”t watched the video and missed the yelling but I’m ready for my pills. I haven”t tried the podcast yet but I have walked 121,000 steps this week in an effort to become a healthy animal like I was as a teenager that went to the beach to surf whenever possible.

• edited August 2022

TBH, and jmo, the Upright IAP in Pure Synth Platinum is much MUCH better!

16:37

Try to ignore the drum beats haha!

• @pax-eterna said:

Ok, but, have you bought Pure Upright yourself, or, just guessing here?
    Or, just listen to some demos?

Pure Upright in the hands of real pianoplayers sounds georgeous…

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

Yes, I am definitely no keyboard player never mind piano player. Don’t have the psp iap so can’t comment on the difference there anyway

• I haven’t met a piano app that I don’t like but at the end of all the purchasing I usually grab the same one over and over based on interface design and sound quality. Pure Piano knocked Ravenscroft off the top of the hill. I will probably learn when I want the upright or the grand as I make music using both. Since they have the same UI it will come down to the essential feeling I get from the sound. On first review I find the upright more intimate like I’m in my home playing for myself. The grand is more ceremonial. Having a lifetime of experiences sitting with various instruments of all types I appreciate the grand but all my uprights were shit instruments. This upright is like a high end Yamaha… I wish I had one with a built in MIDI robotic player.

• @McD said:
    I haven’t met a piano app that I don’t like but at the end of all the purchasing I usually grab the same one over and over based on interface design and sound quality. Pure Piano knocked Ravenscroft off the top of the hill. I will probably learn when I want the upright or the grand as I make music using both. Since they have the same UI it will come down to the essential feeling I get from the sound. On first review I find the upright more intimate like I’m in my home playing for myself. The grand is more ceremonial. Having a lifetime of experiences sitting with various instruments of all types I appreciate the grand but all my uprights were shit instruments. This upright is like a high end Yamaha… I wish I had one with a built in MIDI robotic player.

Just use atom2 with some of the free Midi files sites. I posted a link to one that has a wide range of stuff in there in my pinned comment, but there are many. But yeah, a piano with a built in Midi file upload feature would be kinda sweet. Hell, throw in a playlist function and you can do a ragtime or Harlem swing jazz night over poker at your place. An old western saloon / early jazz club vibe right in your living room. 👻

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

I bought it - been using it live...it's very good

• @pax-eterna said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

Glad you decided you liked it in the end. As I say, I'm no pianist, but definitely dig the sound!

• @pax-eterna said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

Me too - bought the IAP into Pure Synth - NOT better then Pure Upright (my opinion though)…

• McDMcD
    edited August 2022

@ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

Me too - bought the IAP into Pure Synth - NOT better then Pure Upright (my opinion though)…

Picking the best piano is easy but picking 2-20 is hard. This upright is in my top 5 if that helps. Probably #4.

It would be cool if this developer released their FX section as an app. Automating the X-Y control with 2 LFO’s is pretty cool and then shifting the PANNING with a third can be like pianos in a Tornado. “We’re not in Kansas anymore, Judge Alito.”

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

Ah, thank you for taking that hit for us!

• McDMcD
    edited August 2022

@Gavinski said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

Ah, thank you for taking that hit for us!

The upright in Pure has more room in the samples. I like it too and the price is right!

Bring on the felt piano apps!

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

That's cool :) - as I have played many MANY upright pianos in my time, some not so good hahaha. the "vibe" of the PSP module just "felt" better. I must admit I have not tried any of the Pure Pianos, having stuck with Ravenscroft to now...might have another look at it :)

• edited August 2022

@pax-eterna said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@pax-eterna said:

That's cool :) - as I have played many MANY upright pianos in my time, some not so good hahaha. the "vibe" of the PSP module just "felt" better. I must admit I have not tried any of the Pure Pianos, having stuck with Ravenscroft to now...might have another look at it :)

I kind of agree with you on the PSP Upright. IMO, the Pure Upright is a little too pristine and pure (hence the name, I suppose). To me, that’s the job for a grand piano. I want an upright to be a little vibey and “dusty” sounding.

• Found this really good comparo video - only for curiosity sake :)

• @pax-eterna said:
    Found this really good comparo video - only for curiosity sake :)

Someone should talk this guy though the MIDI specs and show him there is no consideration for his pedal expectations. Does MIDI 2.0 address these features or can the sustain pedal value really use the whole 0-127 range for more pedaling? It would require a model like pianoteq to pull it off (oh please be here for Xmas, Santa).

I’m glad these piano folks don’t infest the forum… we only have a handful (pun intended). They are so friggin’ precise it can drive you to the accordion for a little relaxation of their critical sensibilities. Pride and Prejudice without the sex. Upright indeed.

• @McD said:

......... It would require a model like pianoteq to pull it off (oh please be here for Xmas, Santa).

I’m glad these piano folks don’t infest the forum… we only have a handful (pun intended). They are so friggin’ precise it can drive you to the accordion for a little relaxation of their critical sensibilities. Pride and Prejudice without the sex. Upright indeed.

yes yes YESSSS! to the first.... and re the second, is that directed at me? ;)

• @pax-eterna said:

@McD said:

......... It would require a model like pianoteq to pull it off (oh please be here for Xmas, Santa).

yes yes YESSSS! to the first.... and re the second, is that directed at me? ;)

Not at all… it’s a vicious poke at @LinearLineman. He agrees that the piano types are beyond insufferable. He tried hanging out and it did not go well. His improvisations do not match the standards of the 19th century masters. Go figure… is #1 rule is play something new and don’t repeat yourself. They come at music from two different approaches. One values technical perfection and the other values making a contribution to the art of music as a performative gesture.

Me… I just play and the best play can be immitation, re-creation and revisiting familiar terrain. It’s the way it makes you feel and feedback is dessert.

• edited August 2022

@McD, Lennie Tristano had a dream. In it Jesus came to him and said: “Pray!” Then Bird dropped by and said “PLAY!” Music is indeed, play. When the purists and academics take over it becomes…well…something else. Something materialistic.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD, Lennie Tristano had a dream. In it Jesus came to him and said: “Pray!” Then Bird dropped by and said “PLAY!” Music is indeed, play. When the purists and academics take over it becomes…well…something else. Something materialistic.

True words!

By the way, list of all winners: Cosimo D'Astore (YT), David (Twitter) @david_2017 , jp_2022 (Insta) 🎉

• edited August 2022

Yes!!! It finally paid off after all those years participating in Gavin’s Code Lottery 👊🏼🙃 I won wooohooo beautiful upright piano sounds! Thanks for hosting the giveaway!

• @david_2017 said:
    Yes!!! It finally paid off after all those years participating in Gavin’s Code Lottery 👊🏼🙃 I won wooohooo beautiful upright piano sounds! Thanks for hosting the giveaway!

Glad u finally won!