Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• edited June 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@skiphunt said:

@knewspeak said:

@skiphunt said:
    I decided to go ahead and get it for desktop. I don't need it and I don't use the iPad version all that much at all.

However, I don't think the dev is finished with this yet. If video is eventually possible to import to layers, that would be sweet. I don't want to use what's essentially stock graphics and somehow claim it's my own art. I'm not a huge fan of these shaders to be honest. I don't know why there's so much Perplex-on branding on this stuff either. I know they partnered with Perplex=on and I really like his stuff... but why would I use his branding promo stuff on my own work?

If the Imaginando guys get this product so that I can use my own video clips and stills on multiple layers... and have some parameters audio reactive... that'd be ideal.

And all of the demos have a kind of sameness to them. But, I do think there's much more evolution to this product to come, so I decided to get it now while it's on sale.

Also, I played with VS for the iPad again for a half hour or so. It started getting CPU bogged down pretty quick. I already knew this but I hadn't tried it with the most current version.

So, I'm guessing the extra M1 processing and much more RAM on my desktop will make VS a bit more pleasant to use. I just tried it in Logic and it worked well without getting bogged down.

Again, I don't really need this and am not sure I'll use it much in it's current shader-centric state... but I decided to take a gamble that this will continue to evolve into something I personally would use more.

Yes it is kind of generic, similar to the visualisation in FL Studio, but could possibly be used in more subtle ways with other art or video.

Fingers crossed the devs keep evolving this. It's a great start, but I want to be able to use my own motion graphic work more, with less reliance on canned shader stuff.

Are you aware that you can write your own shaders for it?

Yes. But as mentioned before, I have no interest in learning to code shaders. I dabbled already and not something I want to spend time on.

I’m gambling that the devs find more ways to use my own video & stills on multiple layers with some parameters audio-reactive. This is the only reason I bought it for desktop.

• @skiphunt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@skiphunt said:

@knewspeak said:

@skiphunt said:
    I decided to go ahead and get it for desktop. I don't need it and I don't use the iPad version all that much at all.

However, I don't think the dev is finished with this yet. If video is eventually possible to import to layers, that would be sweet. I don't want to use what's essentially stock graphics and somehow claim it's my own art. I'm not a huge fan of these shaders to be honest. I don't know why there's so much Perplex-on branding on this stuff either. I know they partnered with Perplex=on and I really like his stuff... but why would I use his branding promo stuff on my own work?

If the Imaginando guys get this product so that I can use my own video clips and stills on multiple layers... and have some parameters audio reactive... that'd be ideal.

And all of the demos have a kind of sameness to them. But, I do think there's much more evolution to this product to come, so I decided to get it now while it's on sale.

Also, I played with VS for the iPad again for a half hour or so. It started getting CPU bogged down pretty quick. I already knew this but I hadn't tried it with the most current version.

So, I'm guessing the extra M1 processing and much more RAM on my desktop will make VS a bit more pleasant to use. I just tried it in Logic and it worked well without getting bogged down.

Again, I don't really need this and am not sure I'll use it much in it's current shader-centric state... but I decided to take a gamble that this will continue to evolve into something I personally would use more.

Yes it is kind of generic, similar to the visualisation in FL Studio, but could possibly be used in more subtle ways with other art or video.

Fingers crossed the devs keep evolving this. It's a great start, but I want to be able to use my own motion graphic work more, with less reliance on canned shader stuff.

Yes. But as mentioned before, I have no interest in learning to code shaders. I dabbled already and not something I want to spend time on.

I’m gambling that the devs find more ways to use my own video & stills on multiple layers with some parameters audio-reactive. This is the only reason I bought it for desktop.

Same boat here but i have faith in these folks. I mean, LK has come a long long way over many iterations and is now very good!

• I would love to see some more development with video. Just being able to load a video and have the audio effect the brightness would open up tons of optionsin creating more unique stuff. Takete does that really well and the effect is huge without having to do a lot

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@skiphunt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@skiphunt said:

@knewspeak said:

@skiphunt said:

Same boat here but i have faith in these folks. I mean, LK has come a long long way over many iterations and is now very good!

Yeah. I've got just about all their stuff and they've had a great history of keeping up and evolving their software. I still get DRC updates... so, I'm sure they have more plans for VS. :)

• Hi everyone,

We have uploaded a beta of VS 1.3.3. This is mostly a bug fix version with many small improvements:

• Added pause/resume render engine function
    • Added mp3 support
    • Added auto playback of audio file when recording as a setting (on by default)
    • Added playback indication when a midi file is loaded and playing
    • Fix sample rate change not applied to open audio files
    • Fix opacity in some materials
    • General bug fixes and improvements

I would highlight the mp3 support, and the new visualization of midi data when a midi file is loaded.

If anyone wants to get in the beta just let me know via private message!

Thank you! :blush:

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    I would love to see some more development with video. Just being able to load a video and have the audio effect the brightness would open up tons of optionsin creating more unique stuff. Takete does that really well and the effect is huge without having to do a lot

We have plans to improve video support but I don't have an ETA right now. We defenitely need one more pair of hands in the development team but we don't have enough resources to hire. :disappointed:

• @sinosoidal said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    I would love to see some more development with video. Just being able to load a video and have the audio effect the brightness would open up tons of optionsin creating more unique stuff. Takete does that really well and the effect is huge without having to do a lot

We have plans to improve video support but I don't have an ETA right now. We defenitely need one more pair of hands in the development team but we don't have enough resources to hire. :disappointed:

Hopefully you’ll find interns

• @sinosoidal said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

Yeah I understand how that goes, I wish I had more programming experience haha. Well I’m just glad the app exists cos it offers a ton already as is and nothing else can do what this does, especially as an audio unit and I look forward to the future of it!

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Yeah - free labor!!

They used to be called “slaves” back in the day…

• @attakk said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Yeah - free labor!!

I wouldn’t say that, slaves in that context had no choice, but it would be nice to see developers reward helpers with a free copy of the app.

• @attakk said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Yeah - free labor!!

Slaves didn’t have choice and didn’t want to gain experience in order to apply what they studied

• @attakk said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Yeah - free labor!!

It’s unlikely that anyone with the skills to do this would work as an unpaid intern.

• As anyone seen this new view that allows the visualizations of a loaded midi file?

• @sinosoidal said:
    As anyone seen this new view that allows the visualizations of a loaded midi file?

Not yet.
    It seems I'm going to be doing some playing later on today.
    Looking good.

• It’s unlikely that anyone with the skills to do this would work as an unpaid intern.

I know the IT business since a looong time and have never heard of unpaid programmers. The market only prices services for free that are unneeded anyway. One can lure some CS students that need a flexible side gig for relatively low payment. A nice work environment, team and interesting tasks do go a long way there.

• edited August 2022

VS was updated today to version 1.3.3 with the following changelog:

• Added midi timeline visualization panel
    • Added pause/resume render engine function
    • Added mp3 support
    • Added auto playback of audio file when recording as a setting (on by default)
    • Added playback indication when a midi file is loaded and playing
    • Fix sample rate change not applied to open audio files
    • Fix opacity in some materials
    • General bug fixes and improvements

All about it here -> https://www.imaginando.pt/media/vs-visual-synthesizer-with-new-midi-file-preview-4k-and-mp3-support

For those who are looking to have VS, it is a nice opportunity as we are promoting a limited time 50% off, mobile only promotion.

• edited September 2022

So I just got the update for the beta 1.4

• edited September 2022

New materials!

• Coming out today!

• Sweetness. I was so looking forward to this pack. InstaBuy from Imaginando + Perplexon 👊🏼™️💗

• @echoopera said:
    Sweetness. I was so looking forward to this pack. InstaBuy from Imaginando + Perplexon 👊🏼™️💗

Thanks for your support! <3

• @sinosoidal said:

@echoopera said:
    Sweetness. I was so looking forward to this pack. InstaBuy from Imaginando + Perplexon 👊🏼™️💗

You keep knocking 'em out of the park, we'll keep catching them :)

• Instapurchase here as well @sinosoidal

Looking forward to the update on the desktop version as well! (Having a gaming GPU does wonders for this app!)

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Instapurchase here as well @sinosoidal

Looking forward to the update on the desktop version as well! (Having a gaming GPU does wonders for this app!)

It's already available on our website: https://www.imaginando.pt/products/vs-visual-synthesizer/downloads

• @echoopera said:

@sinosoidal said:

@echoopera said:

You keep knocking 'em out of the park, we'll keep catching them :)

:blush:

• Very nice! Glad to see some new materials! I’m also happy to see more code I can study

• @sinosoidal said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    Instapurchase here as well @sinosoidal

It's already available on our website: https://www.imaginando.pt/products/vs-visual-synthesizer/downloads

Oh, I meant I’m looking forward to “playing with”the update on the desktop when I’m in front of my desktop PC again. Which won’t be for another 8 hours at least.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Very nice! Glad to see some new materials! I’m also happy to see more code I can study

Indeed! Hopefully we’ll see some new patch storage submissions come out of this.

• Not sure if this is the right place to post, so sorry in advance.

Downloaded v1.4.0 demo version on Windows 10.

I can’t get LFOs or Envs or Audio gate/spectrum to do anything (see image). What am I missing? Do I need to turn on a setting somewhere?

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    Very nice! Glad to see some new materials! I’m also happy to see more code I can study

Indeed! Hopefully we’ll see some new patch storage submissions come out of this.

Yeah I’d love to see the patchstorage get more active. I can somewhat take the shaders online and convert them for VS but still not super fluent in it but I’ll definitely try to get some more up sometime. I’ve found tons online that would be fun but I usually need to wait for a manic episode of obsession going on to really get a lot done haha