Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro - Internal Mic Issues (possible bug)

Hey everyone! Having an issue with Internal Mic settings.

System:
iPad Pro (2nd gen)
Behringer 404hd Audio Interface
Loopy Pro

Loopy Pro will only allow channels from the audio interface to be recorded on Clips if the Internal Microphone is turned to ON. Everything else works GREAT.

Well, i am sure that you can understand the issues that come with this. The internal mic records into the Clips.

Anyone find any work arounds for this?

Please and thanks,
AJ

Comments

• @Atomic_Jackson said:
    Hey everyone! Having an issue with Internal Mic settings.

System:
    iPad Pro (2nd gen)
    Behringer 404hd Audio Interface
    Loopy Pro

Loopy Pro will only allow channels from the audio interface to be recorded on Clips if the Internal Microphone is turned to ON. Everything else works GREAT.

Well, i am sure that you can understand the issues that come with this. The internal mic records into the Clips.

Anyone find any work arounds for this?

Please and thanks,
    AJ

Can you post screenshots of your Loopy Pro mixer channels -- is it possible that you are interpreting the microphone symbol used for hardware inputs as meaning the internal microphone?

• When your audio interface is plugged in, the internal microphone can't be used. The OS will make your hardware interface the audio input. So, the mixer channel that got input from the internal mic when no interface was connected will get its input from the hardware interface when it is connected.

• @Atomic_Jackson said:
    sure!

As I explained up-thread, those mic icons don't stand for the internal mic. When your interface is plugged in, those are the interface's inputs. If you unplug the interface, they will be the internal mic.

• I have no mics plugged into my AI, and I always mute channels not in use at the moment. If I record to an empty clip, it also records sound from any other tracks playing onto that same Clip. All that I can figure is the Internal Mic. Im a loopy HD superninja, but brand new to the Pro version.

• My total setup includes:

iPad Pro
    Euphoria 404HD
    Aka Pro 49 and Mini
    FCB1010
    Powered USB 3.0 Hub
    Live instruments - acoustic, bass, electric guitars.

• @espiegel123 said:
    When your audio interface is plugged in, the internal microphone can't be used. The OS will make your hardware interface the audio input. So, the mixer channel that got input from the internal mic when no interface was connected will get its input from the hardware interface when it is connected.

I have no mics plugged into my AI, and I always mute channels not in use at the moment. If I record to an empty clip, it also records sound from any other tracks playing onto that same Clip. All that I can figure is the Internal Mic. Im a loopy HD superninja, but brand new to the Pro version.

• @Atomic_Jackson : why do you think the internal mic is being recorded?

The screenshot you posted indicates that is an input from your interface.

If you record and have no clips running or instruments playing and speak , does the speech get recorded?

Can you post a screenshot of your expanded mixer so that we can see how you have things routed.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:
    sure!

As I explained up-thread, those mic icons don't stand for the internal mic. When your interface is plugged in, those are the interface's inputs. If you unplug the interface, they will be the internal mic.

Thank you for your help! I fully understand what the icons are and what they represent. Im still getting clips bleeding onto other clips, and the only mic near my rig is the iPad mics. If i turn the mic OFF, then no sound is sent to the Clips, and if I turn internal mic ON, it allows me to use that channel to send audio from the AI to that Clip, but it also includes any other sound in the room, as well as sound playing from other Clips.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Atomic_Jackson : why do you think the internal mic is being recorded?

If you record and have no clips running or instruments playing and speak , does the speech get recorded?

Can you post a screenshot of your expanded mixer so that we can see how you have things routed.

surething!

• @Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:
    sure!

Thank you for your help! I fully understand what the icons are and what they represent. Im still getting clips bleeding onto other clips, and the only mic near my rig is the iPad mics. If i turn the mic OFF, then no sound is sent to the Clips, and if I turn internal mic ON, it allows me to use that channel to send audio from the AI to that Clip, but it also includes any other sound in the room, as well as sound playing from other Clips.

Please see the other requested info and do the test I suggested. Without seeing how you have things configured, I can’t advise.

• @Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @Atomic_Jackson : why do you think the internal mic is being recorded?

surething!

sorry lemme see if i can get a better pic.

• @Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:
    sure!

heres a screenie from the ipad.

• You have every color set to send to every color. So any time you record a clip, it will record the output of any clip that is playing.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:
    sure!

Please see the other requested info and do the test I suggested. Without seeing how you have things configured, I can’t advise.

Surprisingly, no sound comes from voice thru the internal mic.

• @Atomic_Jackson : if you do the test that I proposed up-thread. I think you will find that your voice doesn’t get recorded.

• @Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:
    sure!

Not surprising. As I explained, when the hardware interface is connected the OS uses it for audio input.

• @espiegel123 said:
    You have every color set to send to every color. So any time you record a clip, it will record the output of any clip that is playing.

HEY THANKS...let me try that, reset everything and I shall return with answers and questions. :D

• @espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:
    sure!

Not surprising. As I explained, when the hardware interface is connected the OS uses it for audio input.

can we post video here?

• @Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Atomic_Jackson said:
    sure!

can we post video here?

Post to YouTube and post a link.

You don’t need to reset everything. Just change the destinations of the color channels to be just going to the output

• Please re-read what I explained about how you set up the project. If you fix the destinations, you should be all set.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Please re-read what I explained about how you set up the project. If you fix the destinations, you should be all set.

understood. headed to dinner, will report back.

huge thanks for your help and patience.

AJ

• @espiegel123 said:
    Please re-read what I explained about how you set up the project. If you fix the destinations, you should be all set.

HEY! You are correct and thank you so much. Problem solved.

• @Atomic_Jackson said:

@espiegel123 said:

HEY! You are correct and thank you so much. Problem solved.

Glad to hear it.

It would be great if you could rename this thread/topic to something that doesn’t suggest this was bug.