Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• edited May 2022

Why?

Also forgot about the reverb section to be mapped. It can either be left or redo controller.

• I really downsized when we moved from our house to an apartment. Because of space and health issues I nearly decided to de-emphasize music making altogether, but eventually resolved to screw that nonsense and actually up my game for as long as I’m able. As a result, I’ve gradually started filling up all the available space in my bedroom nook, combining my iPad(s) with all my oldest gear to construct a mobile/4-track setup. (The pedalboard is titled “Dog’s breakfast”: strangely despite playing for over 40 years I’ve never had one, so it’s a synthesis of stuff that was in storage and new purchases all under $30. It actually sounds quite good :smile: ) I think I’m more productive with this setup then with my Mac and thousands of dollars of plugins… fewer choices is better for me.

• yes nice studio pictures. I like studio gear and sound processing stuff better than a pile of midi controllers. And I like the human factor, and a bit of chaos too.

• edited June 2022

@echoopera said:
    A little more tweaking of the setup today. I think this feels right. Everything feels like it’s in its right place:

:) I see what you did there

• I am chronically ill that’s why I lie in bed pretty often and my iPad and midikeyboard are all I need /can use from bed so no real Studio

• @amethystswitch said:
    I am chronically ill that’s why I lie in bed pretty often and my iPad and midikeyboard are all I need /can use from bed so no real Studio

I’ve been the same situation: whatever works to keep you creating music is absolutely a studio!

• Battery powered seems to work

• Studio hasn't changed much:

Still have the guitars and a small tube amp:

And neatly tucked away on the far side of the desk is a pedal board:

With a couple of new additions. Overall it's a mixture between cheap and expensive pedals, but each one offers great value no matter the price range, and this setup allows for a huge range of different sounds:

• @geesbert said:
    Battery powered seems to work

Now that is my kind of setup, nice! All battery powered, fully mobile!

/DMfan🇸🇪

• and built the desk :)

• Yes…I’m a drum machine/sampler addict.

• Surprised not to see any sequencers in there.

Oh wait….

• @Tarekith said:
    Surprised not to see any sequencers in there.

Oh wait….

😂

• My mobile studio setup as of July, 2022.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @CapnWillie said:

@DMfan said:

My mobile studio setup as of July, 2022.

/DMfan🇸🇪

Love it. What’s your take on Uno? Also, is that IK speaker good enough for outdoors, low end, stereo mixes? Sorry for the inquisition but they are both products I had my eye on and pretty accessible in my area sexond hand.

The Uno Pro brings that ”analog character” to the mix and is well worth a look if you are in the market for analog. I bought mine refurbished and it is a lot of bang for the buck. Necessary nowadays with quality synth apps? NO. Fun and knowing you are getting analog sounding stuff? YES.

As for the iLoud it is surprisingly good for listening when recording with ok but not great bass response. For sure better than regular small computer speakers, but not en par with monitors like the IK iLoud Micros or better. I got it because I can run it mobile using its battery. I would never mix on it, I use headphones for that.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• …..> @DMfan said:

My mobile studio setup as of July, 2022.

/DMfan🇸🇪

I like that. Nice and compact. Not too many distractions.

• Finally got all my acoustic treatment shipped to me and installed in the new studio

• My most basic set-up for a gig with a dance group I regularly work with. (Compare it the larger edition I posted in this thread many pages back.)

The Pro is running AUM with seven synth channels all running at once (I just fade them up and down as needed), and the Air 3 is running loops and drums. Usually I have the iPads behind the keyboard so that they're right in front of me, but this time was just trying a different setup. The line out from the Rolls mini mixer went into the house P.A. which was right near me.

• My workspace starting to take shape! Particularly proud of the desk I built myself :smile:

• @mangecoeur The desk is the first detail I noticed. Nicely done!

• @mangecoeur was that desk inspired by the Audio Housing desks? It looks amazing

https://audiohousing.com/

• edited August 2022

@mistercharlie said:
    @mangecoeur was that desk inspired by the Audio Housing desks? It looks amazing

Yup, pretty shameless ripoff (sorry audio housing folks). I actually wanted a real one but I couldn’t justify the price. Used some spare wood and cribbed the design from the photos and some guesswork.

My favourite thing is the pull out shelves, it makes it much more compact when not in use (as a bonus is more spouse-compatible :wink: )

• @CapnWillie said:
    Always inspired by your minimal and elegant approach. I absolutely detest wires. I have severe ADHD so just about anything can distract me so the simpler and cleaner a space…the better my focus. Moving in a few weeks. Actually excited about downsizing. Currently my studio is in a 750 sq ft room which is way too big. At any rate, your studio is a chief inspiration. Must find someone to make me a custom speaker tower. Downside, my studio will now be in a room with a bit more windows. The upside is panoramic views of the ocean while i work. Mountains and ocean are my fav places on earth. Calm and healing. I’ll be in a high rise condo so the windows are ultra thick hurricane proof so interested to see how it effects sound and how I’ll treat it. My belief has always been just about any room can be perfect no matter what. All about adjusting creatively for the unique character each space provides.

Thanks man! I'm the same way with wires, they're a necessary evil sadly I just try and hide them! Congrats on the better view though, sometimes that's more important than proper acoustics :)

Side Note: the main window in my room was installed a. couple inches off center for some reason. So even when I'm dead center in the room and between the speakers, the window is off center. Drives my ADHD nuts!

• Oh that is trippy.

• @mangecoeur said:

@mistercharlie said:
    @mangecoeur was that desk inspired by the Audio Housing desks? It looks amazing

Yup, pretty shameless ripoff (sorry audio housing folks). I actually wanted a real one but I couldn’t justify the price. Used some spare wood and cribbed the design from the photos and some guesswork.

My favourite thing is the pull out shelves, it makes it much more compact when not in use (as a bonus is more spouse-compatible :wink: )

Yours looks great. I have one of the Audio Housing ones and it’s beautifully built. I also really dig the sliding shelves. Very good design.

• that Tarekith workspace looks gorgeous, I feel I need to get some mastering done there one day just to see what it's capable of :)