Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneStack Pro Tempo-synced Delays

I just tried tempo-syncing the delays in ToneStack Pro, and they are not syncing… the delays go a bit faster than the tempo set in AUM. Tried it with the metronome on to check.
Anyone else having this problem? I don’t use tempo-synced delays a lot in my stuff; just happened to try it, and found this problem…

Comments

• All of the delays should have a switch so that you can either
    dial in the delay time manually or set the delay to sync/rate.

• @gtrgeorge said:
    I just tried tempo-syncing the delays in ToneStack Pro, and they are not syncing… the delays go a bit faster than the tempo set in AUM. Tried it with the metronome on to check.
    Anyone else having this problem? I don’t use tempo-synced delays a lot in my stuff; just happened to try it, and found this problem…

Could this be a sample rate problem, 44.1 vs 48 kHz? Could you check the sample rate settings in AUM and ToneStack Pro? Are you using ToneStack Pro as AUv3, or IAA?

• edited August 2022

Could this be a sample rate problem, 44.1 vs 48 kHz? Could you check the sample rate settings in AUM and ToneStack Pro? Are you using ToneStack Pro as AUv3, or IAA?

I haven’t checked that yet, but it sounds right. If that is the problem, then Yonac ought to fix it; I had the same difficulty with Virsyn Addictive Pro being ¾ tones sharp because my Air 3 is locked into 48k. No other delay I tried (Nembrini, Virsyn AudioEffx) has this problem. Gonna go check now…

• edited August 2022

@Gravitas said:
    All of the delays should have a switch so that you can either

They do, but they don’t sync. I set the delay time for a quarter note, turn on the AUM metronome and start, and the delays are running a bit faster. All the various delay machines in ToneStack do likewise.

• @gtrgeorge said:

@Gravitas said:

They do, but they don’t sync. I set the delay time for a quarter note, turn on the AUM metronome and start, and the delays are running a bit faster. All the various delay machines in ToneStack do likewise.

Hhhmmm.
    That's a strange one.

Have you checked your sample rate and buffer settings?

Are you physically sending audio out and then back again?

Do you have latency adjusting switched in AUM?

• @Gravitas said:

@gtrgeorge said:

@Gravitas said:

Hhhmmm.
    That's a strange one.

Everything is fine; other delay apps work fine (Nembrini and Virsyn AudioEffx).

• @gtrgeorge said:

@Gravitas said:

@gtrgeorge said:

@Gravitas said:

Hhhmmm.
    That's a strange one.

Everything is fine; other delay apps work fine (Nembrini and Virsyn AudioEffx).

You didn’t answer the questions.

Please report:

• what is your hardware sample rate
    • What is the host sample rate
    • If you switch the sample rate does the behavior change
    • What iOS device and os version are you running
  • You didn’t answer the questions.

Please report:

• what is your hardware sample rate
    • What is the host sample rate
    • If you switch the sample rate does the behavior change
    • What iOS device and os version are you running

OK, sorry; I’m gonna have to hook up the iRig HD and check all this.
    iPad Air 3 64gb WiFi; iOS 15.5, about to update to 15.6.

• I just spent a little time and it does seem like (regardless of sample rate), at least some of the tempo synched delays are not tracking the host tempo correctly. I set up the basic delay to be tempo synched with the delays as 1/4 notes. It was fine at 120 bpm. When i set the host tempo to 60 bpm, the echoes were eight notes. So, the absolute delay time was unchanged even though sync was turned on.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I just spent a little time and it does seem like (regardless of sample rate), at least some of the tempo synched delays are not tracking the host tempo correctly. I set up the basic delay to be tempo synched with the delays as 1/4 notes. It was fine at 120 bpm. When i set the host tempo to 60 bpm, the echoes were eight notes. So, the absolute delay time was unchanged even though sync was turned on.

It's great for creating instant polyrhythms but the OP is correct, I've now tested it here myself.
    I assigned a controller for the tempo and increased and decreased the tempo
    and the synced delays do not track properly.

• Does anyone know if Yonac checks in here any more? I vaguely recall Jesse (Yonac) posting when the new version of slideguitar was announced saying that he hadn't been aware of comments here.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Does anyone know if Yonac checks in here any more? I vaguely recall Jesse (Yonac) posting when the new version of slideguitar was announced saying that he hadn't been aware of comments here.

Well… thanks for doing the testing, guys (espiegel123 & gravitas); I appreciate it. I’ve been playing a gig for the last 4 hours and just got home, wondering when I’ll be able to mess with this…

• @espiegel123 said:
    Does anyone know if Yonac checks in here any more?

Sporadically.

I would suggest sending both an email and a post or message via their forum.

@gtrgeorge no problem.

• edited August 2022

@gtrgeorge did you ever get a reply from Yonac about this?

• @iharvey1 said:
    @gtrgeorge did you ever get a reply from Yonac about this?

Not so far... it's not a really big concern anyway, since, if I need to do tempo synced delays, I have other delays I can use in my setup...