Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MO-FI / The Audiophile’s New Clothes

The latest example of the bs (IMO) of audiophiles’ snobbery and their ensuing existential crisis. Now, here is something really important to argue about! 😱😳😉😎🙏

https://www.washingtonpost.com/music/2022/08/05/mofi-records-analog-digital-scandal/

Comments

• Just read this during my morning coffee and found it fascinating moreso from the marketing angle than the purist snobbery perspective. (I’ve seen and heard enough cork sniffing across food, drink, audio, cars, etc that it’s not even head scratching to me—some people are just really interested in false pedestals.) The MoFi marketing department strategy is what is interesting to me. Why did they lie? And then why did they come clean like they did? The approach looks like something from a complex big company that can’t get it’s story straight than a small operation in which everyone knows everyone else. Ah well, cautionary tale, I suppose.

• Here’s a link to the article in News+ if you can’t get past the web browser paywall:
    https://apple.news/A2tqEl9IkRfma5PBZArJLsQ

• Can someone provide a short description of the issue so I don’t have to suffer the download time? It took 45 seconds to get the forum to load and it’s not covered in graphical details.

• @lukesleepwalker, I think it was a case of the big hand didn’t know what the little hand was doing. That guy Wood never should have made those decisions. Especially to let Esposito tour and interview the engineers. They were not the appropriate people to represent a nine million dollar company that is a part of a $40 mil company,

It’s a little like Alex Jones’’ attorney forwarding all his text messages to the plaintiff’s attorney. Just a total fuck up. Bad PR only overexposed a “dishonest “ practice.

OTOH, it’s satisfying to see these “experts” go gaga over the very thing they claim to disdain. When I see $9k preamps and $6k headphones touted as the sine qua non of audio experience I think those cats would do better with Sony 7506s and a tab of acid. Then they’d really have something to emote about.

• I cant read the article cause its trying to get me to sub. But based on the headline with mofi its really simple.

This is the only time ill speak on this little known fact. Anyone that has worked at a mastering house (very few) will know that even on the coveted (by audiophiles) Telefunken Lathe. After the record is prepared for Vinyl as the record is being cut the entire signal first passes through a delay mechanism thus creating a sort of lookahead so the lathe can compensate and not get thrown off by large peaks.

Well hate to say it but this delay line that the signals all pass through before they are cut, Has been digital since early 70s and possibly 60s. There are a couple very very early analog ones from 50s but im not sure those are even being used. All the telefinkens and alike that are so praised are all digital and therefor have been disassembled and reinturperated by a digital sequence.

I dont want any mob trouble so thats all I say

Cheers

• @zedzdeadbaby said:
    I cant read the article cause its trying to get me to sub. But based on the headline with mofi its really simple.

This is the only time ill speak on this little known fact. Anyone that has worked at a mastering house (very few) will know that even on the coveted (by audiophiles) Telefunken Lathe. After the record is prepared for Vinyl as the record is being cut the entire signal first passes through a delay mechanism thus creating a sort of lookahead so the lathe can compensate and not get thrown off by large peaks.

Well hate to say it but this delay line that the signals all pass through before they are cut, Has been digital since early 70s and possibly 60s. There are a couple very very early analog ones from 50s but im not sure those are even being used. All the telefinkens and alike that are so praised are all digital and therefor have been disassembled and reinturperated by a digital sequence.

I dont want any mob trouble so thats all I say

Cheers

Very interesting, I had no idea!

@LinearLineman I like your approach with the 7506s and a hit. Some of my favorite recordings are hideous by today’s standards but they get the hips shaking or the heart breaking or the brain quaking and that’s what most humans require.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Lol was I way off with the article? firgured it had to have been the usual audiophile banter.

Cheers

• @zedzdeadbaby said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Lol was I way off with the article? firgured it had to have been the usual audiophile banter.

Cheers

You nailed the audiophile part for sure.