Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What would it take to make Gadget a live performance tool?

As an exercise in futility (because Korg won’t listen to this, let alone take action upon it), I have been wondering for the past 45 seconds what it would take to make Gadget a wonderful live performance centrepiece.

As it stands, Gadget is nice – after all, I’ve been using it for 100% of my iOS compositions in the past several years (these now get moved to LPX for getting everything up to standard).

However, for me it is for composing and originating. I’ve never thought of it as a live sequencer. What if it was? If I did a live performance with it now, all I’d be able to do is play the song, or play scenes, and jump to another scene with double tapping. I’d be able to mute and solo, I’d be able to twiddle with the synths and their knobs and sliders and other controls, I’d be able to affect the effects. Is that enough? I get the feeling I need a bit more granularity in terms of scenes (unless I made each scene quite tiny – nothing more than a riff, or motif or suchlike, rather than a verse or chorus).

Comments

• If each Gadget’s sequencer were independent of the overall pattern that would do it for me.

• Snapshots of mixer states including mutes and sends

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Snapshots of mixer states including mutes and sends

Yes!

• I'd say it needs a mappable clip-launcher for starters.

• edited August 2022

@Samu said:
    I'd say it needs a mappable clip-launcher for starters.

The mapping could be via an extension of the function button

• @u0421793 said:
    I have been wondering for the past 45 seconds

:D

For me the load time to switch songs is the only issue (guess it depends on the style of music if that’s a problem or not).
    I’d definitely combine it with a nanoKontrol Studio, that way I could turn up a fader and raise my hands while the crowd goes insane B)

• @R_2 said:

@u0421793 said:

For me the load time to switch songs is the only issue (guess it depends on the style of music if that’s a problem or not).
    I’d definitely combine it with a nanoKontrol Studio, that way I could turn up a fader and raise my hands while the crowd goes insane B)

Crowd? Unfamiliar in this context – are you in the correct discussion?

• @u0421793 said:

@R_2 said:

@u0421793 said:

2 or 3 is a crowd in my scene (low standards)

• @R_2 said:

@u0421793 said:

@R_2 said:

@u0421793 said:

My audience is binary – either zero or one (and that’s counting me)

• @u0421793 said:

@R_2 said:

@u0421793 said:

@R_2 said:

@u0421793 said:

My audience is binary – either zero or one (and that’s counting me)

Don’t be so modest, remember that 2nd listener on Spotify? That was me!

• What I would like to see is some randomize/mutate option in the sequencer, just like Bram’s stuff and Playbeat.

• Being able to load two projects at the same time, and having midi control over mixer/fx parameters

• You know you’re an appaholic when you brainstorm features that you know damn well have a snowballs chance in hell of being implemented.

What would it take to make ikaossilotor into more of a daw?

• @db909 said:
    You know you’re an appaholic when you brainstorm features that you know damn well have a snowballs chance in hell of being implemented.

What would it take to make ikaossilotor into more of a daw?

Make it an AUv3 and a ‘Gadget’ with midi-output for starters 😂

• edited August 2022

with just one device i see main problem in fact you cannot make instant (or even smooth) transition between 2 projects .. of course you can make pure audio loop based project with different "songs" in each scene but that would result to pretty limited live performance tweakability

with 2 devices as audio mixer it's almost perfect live performance app with Korg Nanocontrol Studio / Nanocontrol Keys controllers ..

• edited August 2022

I suppose it also requires elucidating what was hitherto implied:

What does it really mean to have a 'live' sequencer vs one that isn't?

In my mind this would involve being able to not just stop and start and pickup where you left off, but spontaneously repeat sections or riffs, jump here and there randomly when I want and then return to the script, and be able to do things like reverse, slow down, etc.

• edited August 2022

@Samu said:
    I'd say it needs a mappable clip-launcher for starters.

Totally and that probably will allow to do a whole live set with it.

Also it would be very nice and fair f they allow all feature to be midi mappable

• edited August 2022

Link Start/Stop and multiple outputs would be good.