Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Choosing different platforms

This is my current setup….

Windows laptop( running Ableton), Akai A25 midi controller and a MPC Studio. I remember way back when I first got my iPad and how I spend over$300 getting daws, utilities and a bunch of syths but now I have this MPC which is a midi controller in itself with its own software……..

So now there are 3 different platforms…l
1. MPC Studio with its own software
2. Windows laptop running Ableton
3. iPad with synths,daws, drum machines ect

What I would really like to do is to figure out how I could get all 3 to work together. Ya I use my iPad and do everything but man that’s so tediously. I have it where I can get my MPC to work with Ableton so what’s next. So thought I would ask and see if anyone has any ideas that I pay not of thought of.

Note~ yes I know the Akai A25 may not be class compliant but it seems to work just fine

Comments

• Imho the iConnectAudio2/4+ ist is still the best way to connect an iPad to a Windows DAW.
    It serves both the iPad and the laptop (by it’s unique double host feature).

For simplicity let‘s assume you want 8 channels (or 4 stereo busses) in both directions.
    The iCA can do this in low latency, so you might assign 4 stereo instruments on the iPad to 4 stereo tracks in Ableton.
    Midi is provided, too. You can connect the Studio‘s DIN to the iCA‘s DIN, it’s got an additional USB Midi Hub and of course a bunch of software midi ports.
    Best way is to control the iCA from Windows, the iPad control panel isn‘t always reliable.
    The 2/4 analog ports can be used by both systems simultaneously.
    There‘s a very flexible routing matrix, but it‘s design may be confusing at 1st glance (probably it‘s biggest flaw, it‘s not well explained, but works reliable in fact).
    The iPad can be charged by the iCA (a special cable is included with the 4+, optional with the 2+, it‘s an expensive part).

That‘s just the basics... dunno if you already have an interface, or which Windows version you‘re running, or which version of the MPC software. (I have the silver Studio)

• @jdolecek49 said:

Ya I use my iPad and do everything but man that’s so tediously.

I find using an iPad to be very easy. Perhaps some explanation of what exactly the issues are and people here could help work through it.

• @Telefunky said:
    Imho the iConnectAudio2/4+ ist is still the best way to connect an iPad to a Windows DAW.
    It serves both the iPad and the laptop (by it’s unique double host feature).

For simplicity let‘s assume you want 8 channels (or 4 stereo busses) in both directions.
    The iCA can do this in low latency, so you might assign 4 stereo instruments on the iPad to 4 stereo tracks in Ableton.
    Midi is provided, too. You can connect the Studio‘s DIN to the iCA‘s DIN, it’s got an additional USB Midi Hub and of course a bunch of software midi ports.
    Best way is to control the iCA from Windows, the iPad control panel isn‘t always reliable.
    The 2/4 analog ports can be used by both systems simultaneously.
    There‘s a very flexible routing matrix, but it‘s design may be confusing at 1st glance (probably it‘s biggest flaw, it‘s not well explained, but works reliable in fact).
    The iPad can be charged by the iCA (a special cable is included with the 4+, optional with the 2+, it‘s an expensive part).

That‘s just the basics... dunno if you already have an interface, or which Windows version you‘re running, or which version of the MPC software. (I have the silver Studio)

My current interface is presonus 24c

• @kgreggbruce said:

@jdolecek49 said:

Ya I use my iPad and do everything but man that’s so tediously.

I find using an iPad to be very easy. Perhaps some explanation of what exactly the issues are and people here could help work through it.

I want to have ableton running on my windows machine, where I will be having a few tracks on ableton, then for instance i want to record a track using one of my synths on the iPad but then I would like to fit my recorded midi track and then I want to get that midi file on my windows machine where I can edit midi notes. That’s the only thing I have come up with. Unless someone can suggest an easier way to incorporate my MPC with my iPad apps

• What I wrote above about Ableton equally applies to the MPC software. You can exchange audio and midi live between iPad and MPC, as you can do with iPad and Ableton.
    No need for file transfer, play on the MPC and let the iPad record or vice versa.

The iCA2/4+ is connectivity king, I‘ve used a 4+ for years to exchange data with both a Windows DAW and even Pro Tools TDM on an old G4 Mac (for the latter using the extra analog pair).
    There is (still) no other interface on the market capable of these features.
    Just check it out for your OS...
    (I don‘t have any Win10/11 experience and don‘t wanna have either) o:)