Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Upright by e-instruments lab GmbH

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1614870056

Description:

An upright piano sits perfectly in pop, R&B, Hip-Hop, and many more modern music genres. That’s why it’s heard in countless iconic tracks throughout musical history with the upright at the heart of the song. You don’t always need the splendor of a grand piano but the character and immediacy of an upright piano. Pure Upright captures the uniquely recognizable sound of the upright piano and makes it as wonderfully playable as our acclaimed Pure Piano for iOS.

Similar to an XY pad in its flat, tactile nature, the Morph Pad offers up nine different core upright piano timbres, including Vintage, Intimate, Reverse, Gated, and Pad, to name a few. The “pure” Upright sits untouched at the heart and center of the space, surrounded by eight more presets for you to explore as you guide your finger seamlessly through the wide-ranging tonal palette of the piano. As you do so, the various timbres blend together, allowing you to create your own sounds comprising combinations of neighboring presets for you to save and recall.

Pure Upright works as a standalone app or as an AUv3 plug-in within your DAW of choice, and extensive connectivity options allow you to easily connect to your keyboard controller via USB, direct, or Bluetooth MIDI to experience the sound of a professional grand piano through your headphones or speakers. The app also supports a direct connection to your Mac using Inter Device Audio (IDAM). This enables you to easily integrate Pure Upright into your desktop projects by sending MIDI and receiving audio with one single cable, as well as network MIDI and Inter-App Audio for triggering the piano from other apps that you might have installed.

Equipped with customizable reverb, EQ, and delay, sound creation becomes even more creative. Simply unlink any of the audio effects from the Morph Pad to dial in your own settings. Maybe you want to add a long reverb tail to add some extra atmosphere, tweak the EQ a little or add some delay to a particular sound. It’s up to you.

If all that isn’t enough, now you can adjust the pedal and key noise to taste, and there’s a host of flexible tuning options for when you need them. The stretched piano tuning is how a piano technician would tune the piano. The equal temperament tuning, on the other hand, is best for when layering Pure Upright with sounds like electric pianos, pads, or strings. Also provided is the ability to transpose the piano which comes in very useful if you are working with a vocalist who wants to sing in a different key!

For the best experience with Pure Upright, we highly recommend using a controller keyboard to trigger the notes so that it feels like you’re playing a real upright piano. The on-board velocity response page allows you to match the dynamic response of Pure Upright to your keyboard controller and your playing style so that you can achieve the right velocity response for you and the song you’re playing.

Pure Upright is designed and developed by Hamburg-based e-instruments, renowned for their high-end digital recreations of acoustic instruments.

Feature Overview:

• Interactive Morph Pad - Explore the different characteristics of the upright piano

• Nine different sounds - Navigate and blend between nine core sounds

• Studio Quality Audio at Ultra-low Latency

• Extensive Connectivity - Connect via USB, direct, or Bluetooth MIDI. Inter Device Audio (IDAM), Network MIDI, and Inter-App Audio also fully supported

• Standalone and AUv3 plug-in compatible

• Zynaptiq QREV Reverb - Have fun adding extra atmosphere and depth to your sound

• 3-Band EQ and Delay - Get creative with customizable EQ and Delay, or use the Morph Pad as a macro control

• Save, Load & Share Your Own Sound Presets

• Flexible Tuning Options

• Customizable velocity curve

• 24-bit, 44.1 kHz

• Requires iOS 13 or above

• 1.1GB installation

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 14.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Interesting...I really like Pure Piano...
    Looking forward to hearing some audio...

• edited August 2022

Looking good! Even though it’s a bit overused lately but I really would have liked to see a felted upright either as one of the morph pianos or in the extra options.
    I still quite like the sound of a felted upright.
    Other than some options in piano book there is no felted upright AUv3 on iPad.

• Instabuy!

As an piano addict I bought it immediately!

The mix between vintage and centrum setting sounds really awesome and nice! New favorite!!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Instabuy!

As an piano addict I bought it immediately!

The mix between vintage and centrum setting sounds really awesome and nice! New favorite!!

In combination with Pregressions and Scaler2 this piano app is useful (in AUM)…

• @jacou said:
    Looking good! Even though it’s a bit overused lately but I really would have liked to see a felted upright either as one of the morph pianos or in the extra options.

Scaler 2 has an inbuilt felt piano as the default sound. I haven't compared it to others, but it's an option.

• So, is $14.99 the intro, 50% off price?

• Bought it. Still wish someone would make a good felt piano for iOS (besides pianobook decent sampler).

• Here is my walkthrough and demo for the Pure Upright Piano.
    I love upright pianos 😊

• @ion677 said:
    Bought it. Still wish someone would make a good felt piano for iOS (besides pianobook decent sampler).

I’ve got $1O that says @rs2000 can create an FX solution in Drambo that sounds remarkably like the DecentSampler Felt piano when applied to most piano apps like the free Numa Player (is that universal?). If I loose you get the $10 but if I win @rs2000 gets something nice for the contribution to the forum. After all, felt is an analog filter on a physical system… so it can be modeled by a math boffin with good ears or instrumentation.

Watch this space or start a thread on felt pianos please!

• This is personal, of course, but I never dug the appeal of an upright. Played on too many. People get uprights if they don’t have the space for something bigger or lack the requisite cash for a decent grand. Seems to me it’s pretty easy to cheapen the sound of an iOS grand to get it to a substandard sound.

Don't take me too seriously, if you like that sort of thing I guess 15 bucks is a small price to pay for the nostalgia factor.

• I would love to see this developer make significant sales so they just keep crafting instruments with their unique interface approach.

Uprights are for space issues. They do have a unique tone that you hear immediately. Like many Beatles tunes or dozens of singer/sing writers making music in their living room. It just says “I don’t have much in this world.” And becomes part of the emotional context.

• Lol you snobs. I’m thrilled to have an upright finally. Grands are too elegant for me.

• edited August 2022

@oat_phipps said:
    Lol you snobs. I’m thrilled to have an upright finally. Grands are too elegant for me.

Depends on the grand….

• @LinearLineman said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Lol you snobs. I’m thrilled to have an upright finally. Grands are too elegant for me.

Depends on the grand….

Finally, a grand piano to match my pay grade 😁

I have a soft spot for uprights, I guess it’s all I’ve ever really known, I wish we’d got one now rather than the Roland tbh…

• edited August 2022

@Krupa said:

@LinearLineman said:

@oat_phipps said:

Depends on the grand….

Finally, a grand piano to match my pay grade 😁

I have a soft spot for uprights, I guess it’s all I’ve ever really known, I wish we’d got one now rather than the Roland tbh…

I had a restored 1915 Steinway B… and it was, indeed, elegant. Couldn’t imagine such a modern shape existing over a century ago. Still, I would never go back if I had to choose between that and the humble, technological, utility of my Kawai ES8.

• I like the bright sound of this :)

• @McD said:

@ion677 said:
    Bought it. Still wish someone would make a good felt piano for iOS (besides pianobook decent sampler).

I’ve got $1O that says @rs2000 can create an FX solution in Drambo that sounds remarkably like the DecentSampler Felt piano when applied to most piano apps like the free Numa Player (is that universal?). If I loose you get the $10 but if I win @rs2000 gets something nice for the contribution to the forum. After all, felt is an analog filter on a physical system… so it can be modeled by a math boffin with good ears or instrumentation.

Interesting idea. It's not that easy though. The main challenge is the attack sound, it's quite different with felt hits but if I remember correctly, I have an old felt piano lying around somewhere in my Drambo archives... I might try your idea anyway though 😊

• McDMcD
    edited August 2022

Here’s a quick demo of Pure Upright. I move through all the provided piano FX that come with the app. For the reverse effect I have to drop the BPM way back.

At 2:05 I take a swing at Felting the piano sound 3 extra FX’es apps… quess which 3 (they are all universal since I’m at the hospital for another long visit). One of them is a physical modeling app that does most of the heavy lifting changing the spectral imaging.

Oh I do add an echo at one point. So 4 RX apps in total. This 4th is an old IAA with Echo in the title.

https://on.soundcloud.com/Ljz699purkG5dcPR9

• @rs2000 said:

@McD said:

@ion677 said:

Interesting idea. It's not that easy though. The main challenge is the attack sound, it's quite different with felt hits but if I remember correctly, I have an old felt piano lying around somewhere in my Drambo archives... I might try your idea anyway though 😊

You can do it Drambo God! I’m counting on you.

Check out my demo where I felt it after 2:05 using FX apps I found on my phone.

https://on.soundcloud.com/Ljz699purkG5dcPR9

• This is the kind of sound I’m after:

• @ion677 said:
    This is the kind of sound I’m after:

Let’s switch to another thread for Felting. I will let you post this wonderful example.

• I was about to say who needs another piano sample player but the interface and choice of samples looks quite interesting. Will wait for a sale price though;)

• @israelite said:
    I was about to say who needs another piano sample player but the interface and choice of samples looks quite interesting. Will wait for a sale price though;)

Wait for a sale? This IS the sale. 😂

• @Gavinski said:

@jacou said:

Scaler 2 has an inbuilt felt piano as the default sound. I haven't compared it to others, but it's an option.

I’m not impressed by it, but I am surprised how many people are.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Gavinski said:

@jacou said:

I’m not impressed by it, but I am surprised how many people are.

Clear your ears mr John!!

This is fuckin’ great, and, it’s 15 bucks for amazing software - don’t be that negative… 😎😎😎😎

• @mtenk said:

@israelite said:
    I was about to say who needs another piano sample player but the interface and choice of samples looks quite interesting. Will wait for a sale price though;)

Wait for a sale? This IS the sale. 😂

:neutral: so, I will skip that. Not such a piano junkie after all :wink: