Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS Creations Podcast

There was request for an iOS Creations podcast.

Would anyone be interested? whilst I'm figuring out the logistics.

I'm looking to have one ready by the end of the month if not sooner.

Comments

• edited August 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2022

@ReflectiveHaze said:
    Yes! I remember the Podcast iOS Music and You, but i think it was stopped a few years ago

I actually haven't done an iOS music specific podcast as yet.

It must've been someone else.

Edit.

@sawiton has now given "iOS Music and You" some context.
    I'll elaborate further in the future. ;)

• I definitely would be interested. Finding out more about the creations and the creators would be fantastic.

• edited August 2022

@MadeofWax said:
    I definitely would be interested.

Cool.

Finding out more about the creations and the creators would be fantastic.

Exactly.

I was thinking that Creators could send in a blurb, be interviewed
    via FaceTime, Zoom or even email and then add the blurbs to the podcast.

• sounds like a great idea!

• Yes, interested.

• “iOS Music and You” being the name of the podcast I’m guessing? Put that in your fanny pack @Gravitas 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, I will be listening to this new podcast.

• @Sawiton said:
    “iOS Music and You” being the name of the podcast I’m guessing? Put that in your fanny pack @Gravitas 🤣🤣🤣

Ahhhhhhhhh lololololololol..
    Yeah, sounds like a "fanny" moment for sure.

Yes, I will be listening to this new podcast.

Sweet.

• I'm interested both in listening and maybe contributing, I don’t like “iOS and you”, tho. IMO, call for suggestions. Here’s mine…

Time For iOS
    iOS Age
    iPad Creators
    iOS Pros

• Cool idea!

• @LinearLineman said:
    I'm interested both in listening and maybe contributing,

That would be so cool.

I don’t like “iOS and you”, tho.

Agreed.

IMO, call for suggestions. Here’s mine…

Time For iOS
    iOS Age
    iPad Creators
    iOS Pros

Cool.

I'll take those into consideration.

• @Gravitas said:

It's great that it's going forward!

Sorry, but I must advance some shameless self-congratulations here.....'twas I who brought this up in another thread and @Gravitas got interested right away.
    Here's my earlier post:

What if … I was thinking what if someone would make an AB Forum podcast? Someone who likes speaking (but not too much) and introduces the creations of our various people; a little like a radio show. You could even have, maybe, interviews with forum people. If I was doing it, (and I cannot for many reasons) I’d want to stick completely to AB forum members and what they do; and maybe a little about how they do it; but mostly just play the creations.
    It could be a good hands-free way to listen to the pieces. On the forum itself, I’m always a little bothered because I must always click to a new post, listen, close that and return to click on another post. It interferes with my flow. Or if I’m doing something like walking or bike riding, I’d like to listen to more forum music but it’s too difficult. Anyway, just a thought.
    I see there are free podcast platforms like Anchor. Not sure how it works but I thought I put it out there.

I look forward to see where this goes. Once the logistics are figured out I was also thinking that it could turn into a kind of communal project. Guest hosts (from the forum) could be brought in to help if needs be, etc..

As far as titles, I'd like to see it remain connected to the AB Forum and our community here so a name that references that would be my choice.

• @Stochastically said:

@Gravitas said:

It's great that it's going forward!

Sorry, but I must advance some shameless self-congratulations here.....'twas I who brought this up in another thread and @Gravitas got interested right away.
    Here's my earlier post:

What if … I was thinking what if someone would make an AB Forum podcast? Someone who likes speaking (but not too much) and introduces the creations of our various people; a little like a radio show. You could even have, maybe, interviews with forum people. If I was doing it, (and I cannot for many reasons) I’d want to stick completely to AB forum members and what they do; and maybe a little about how they do it; but mostly just play the creations.
    It could be a good hands-free way to listen to the pieces. On the forum itself, I’m always a little bothered because I must always click to a new post, listen, close that and return to click on another post. It interferes with my flow. Or if I’m doing something like walking or bike riding, I’d like to listen to more forum music but it’s too difficult. Anyway, just a thought.
    I see there are free podcast platforms like Anchor. Not sure how it works but I thought I put it out there.

I look forward to see where this goes. Once the logistics are figured out I was also thinking that it could turn into a kind of communal project. Guest hosts (from the forum) could be brought in to help if needs be, etc..

As far as titles, I'd like to see it remain connected to the AB Forum and our community here so a name that references that would be my choice.

To make it clear.

I shall be doing other podcasts as well hence why I mentioned my label.

This podcast is going to be iOS specific.

All suggestions for a title for this podcast please post here and we shall all decide.

• At first I thought of iOSIS, kinda like Oasis and iOS, but then I thought it too similar to the ambient artist, IASOS, haha.

Maybe A/B Explorer, or A/B Cinema?

• iOS Feedback

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    iOS Feedback

That's a goodie.

• I might be interested in being involved been wanting to do something in the iOS music app realm. Depends on what type and how much involvement might be required but I'm definitely curious.

• Dumb title idea...

iOS Concocted Cacophony

🤣

• Definitely a great idea.

Suggestions for a name:

iOSynthesis
    Switched on iOS
    SynthesiOS
    Sounds from iOS
    iOS Waves

• edited August 2022

Isn’t the obvious name for a podcast linked to this forum… ‘The Audio Bus’?

Immediately suggests logos, branding, visual puns around buses, slogans - ‘get on The Audio Bus’ , ‘catch The Audio Bus’ - cross promotes the forum, and also communicates something of what a casual pod cast listener (who has no need to know what ‘AudioBus’ means) might encounter - this is about audio as a thing, as the subject of the podcast itself. Meanwhile, people who do know what AudioBus means will feel flattered and clever for recognising the pun…

‘The Audio Bus - a podcast for iPad and iPhone audio creators and listeners’

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k518r4lxabfk8w6/The AudioBus Sting improved.wav?dl=0

I made this very short, because I hate rambling intros to podcasts. Burst of static: first item. Done. Just proof of concept here, played live on Koala. If I was taking time, I’d lay it up in Multitrack DAW, overlap the FX trails and tidy up the static burst a little.

I was taken by a VJ channel back in the day competing with MTV which had the conceit of being some kind of machine: it just spat out each video, on screen artist and title text, with quick bursts of tv static between the end of one and the start of the next, like you were channel hopping, just all business, no fluff. Loved it.

• I like The Audio Bus too, not too on the nose and suggestive of a shared journey…

• edited August 2022

@Svetlovska said:

‘The Audio Bus - a podcast for iPad and iPhone audio creators and listeners’

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k518r4lxabfk8w6/The AudioBus Sting improved.wav?dl=0

I liked the chord pad at the beginning but I don't like the vocal intro.
    My son and I were listening to it and my son
    said straight away what I was thinking.
    He didn't like it either and he's seven.

On another note.

For me to do this I'm not looking at putting together a podcast just for the Audiobus Forum.
    That's pointless we could just browse the Creations section of the AB Forum ourselves.

I'm looking to bring in a broader audience to the iOS platform itself which
    is something I've been discussing with my students and @seonnthaproducer
    I'm envisaging presenting it more akin to a radio show.

• That be cool, you could easily fill up some air time with user submitted iOS creations, combined with other info covering a variety of topics about iOS music

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Dumb title idea...

iOS Concocted Cacophony

🤣

Always loved that word, Cacophony. Bit of a word nerd.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Dumb title idea...

iOS Concocted Cacophony

🤣

Always loved that word, Cacophony. Bit of a word nerd.

Cornucopia is another nice one. 😁

• Quick update.

I've put this on hold for now.

I am going to be doing podcasts but not for the AB Forum as yet.
    I have other topics to discuss.