Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro lofi live looping session

edited August 2022 in Creations

Not sure how well the forum deals with YouTube shorts, but here we go…

https://youtube.com/shorts/74VSEzLwkhg?feature=share

Comments

• Too many loops for the hardware to manage. What model of iPad? The trick is to find the point when you’re asking too much and combine audio to avoid the unusable results.

I suspect an M1 iPad could meet your expectations at this level but they cost something akin to a MacBook.

I’m sure @michael will continue to optimize his code overtime but why wait… re-think your loop assignments.

Cubasis users learned to freeze tracks to scale up their projects.

Loopy Pro will require similar strategies to get work done.

• @McD : i think you are misunderstanding. The crackles and glitches are intentional -- this isn't a bug, he is using an AUv3 to provide vinyl-style crackles.

@gregsmith : you might want to update the description so that others don't think you are demonstrating Loopy being unintentionally glitchy.

• @McD: btw, by its very nature, Loopy does the equivalent of freezing. That's is what recording loops does. Loopy very conveniently will idle any synth or effect in the project not in active use so that they don't use any CPU.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @McD : i think you are misunderstanding. The crackles and glitches are intentional -- this isn't a bug, he is using an AUv3 to provide vinyl-style crackles.

@gregsmith : you might want to update the description so that others don't think you are demonstrating Loopy being unintentionally glitchy.

Good shout, done 😂

• @gregsmith said:
    Not sure how well the forum deals with YouTube shorts, but here we go…

https://youtube.com/shorts/74VSEzLwkhg?feature=share

Very cool.