Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Island Getaway (remastered from old cassette mix)

DavDav
edited July 2022 in Creations

In the early 90's I had a Tascam Midistudio 688 cassette 8-track and mixed down to a Nakamichi cassette deck. Recorded songs every day back then. I've spent the summer going through piles of these tapes and remastered a few using my iPad and all the great iOS audio plugins available today.

'Island Getaway' is a smooth jazz song heavily inspired by a Japanese jazz koto player named Yutaka, specifically his 1990 'Brazasia' album which I really liked. This song is supposed to paint a scene of riding boat to a small island, making landfall, enjoying the Island, them getting back on the boat and sailing away. I was still learning the basics of keyboard impoving when this was recorded. Except for my flugelhorn all the instruments are sounds form a Korg 01W synth. I added the waves sounds with the ipad, so that is new.

I used following plugins to revive these cassette mixes:

Brusfri
RRS Comp 609
RSS Exciter
RSS Bass Enhancer
TB Equalizer
TB Reverb
TB Enhancer
Blue Mangoo Stereo Width
RX950

Dav

Comments

• Enjoyed that one, especially the jazzy middle bit…
    I was a fellow Nakamichi user in my youth , had a DT600 and then a BX300. Great pieces of kit!

• I listened with interest. It certainly has an island feel and took me back to the times I was in the Caribe eating conch fritters and drinking those island favorites. I especially liked around 3:40, maybe @GeoTony liked the same section.

I, too, loved Nakamichis when I had the good fortune to mess with one.

• @GeoTony: Thanks. I heard good things about that deck. I had a Nakamichi MR-1 and a MR-2. Amazing quality I thought back then, and still do after listening to these old tapes.

@LinearLineman. Wow -- It was my dream to go down to the tropics back then, which is why I recorded so many island type songs. Sadly I've never made it there.

Thanks for listening...

• Sounds very nice, @Dav. Cleaning up my old tapes is a goal of mine also. I have ten years of tapes though, so I can guess how I'll be spending my retirement. :D