Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Analog Delay Au3

Hi,

Wondering if anybody can recommend an au3 analogue delay plugin at all, I'm looking for something that will allow big sweep noises where you turn up the feedback then reduce the speed to make a big noise ...

Preferably free of inexpensive, tried the Nembrini one and it doesn't do the trick. The one in Mixbox free is digi ..

Thanks,
Stu

Comments

• Deelay is nice. And freee

• edited July 2022

@stumax said:
    Hi,

Wondering if anybody can recommend an au3 analogue delay plugin at all, I'm looking for something that will allow big sweep noises where you turn up the feedback then reduce the speed to make a big noise ...

Preferably free of inexpensive, tried the Nembrini one and it doesn't do the trick. The one in Mixbox free is digi ..

Thanks,
    Stu

Which Nembrini did you try, ARDelay, Delay3000, or Shimmer Delay?

Also, when you say analog delay, do you mean a digital emulation of a specific or famous analog delay?

• K7D is my favourite tape delay

• K7D is really good sounding for the price

• just tried K7D, damn that sounds good.

• edited July 2022

For those typical BBD type analog delays like the one I had back in the days, I prefer Dubstation 2 and Drambo, both can get quite weird when turning the delay time knob and playing with distortion.

• edited July 2022

Also AU3FX DUB gets a lot of use here… https://apps.apple.com/us/app/au3fx-dub/id1542042948

• @sevenape said:
    K7D is my favourite tape delay

The absolute best

• @Schmotown said:
    Also AU3FX DUB gets a lot of use here… https://apps.apple.com/us/app/au3fx-dub/id1542042948

Me too. It’s got pitch, tape fx, sounds great, lightweight, the mute input which can be cc’d to turn delay on and off, etc…

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@stumax said:
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Stu

Also, when you say analog delay, do you mean a digital emulation of a specific or famous analog delay?

It's the AR delay I tried.

Doesn't need to be any specific model, just one that can do the trick I explained !

Thank you all for the suggestions, most helpful will check these out !

• @stumax said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@stumax said:
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Stu

It's the AR delay I tried.

Doesn't need to be any specific model, just one that can do the trick I explained !

Thank you all for the suggestions, most helpful will check these out !

The feedback knob on the Shimmer Delay gets really wild and crazy, especially when combined with the octave regen knob. It can kill ears. I don’t even use the shimmer module, but it can all be set up for all kinds of swells. Yes it is a digital Brian Eno type delay kind of like Eventide. The Delay3000 I love using for ducking on vocals or guitar, or on the master strip for subtle modulation. You can try them on desktop, though it doubt it’s what you’re looking for.

• FabFilter Timeless3 has some Vintage Analog presets which take advantage of analog-style saturation and subtle pitch instability.

• Shortlisted Dubstation 2 and K7D after watching some youtube vids etc, went with K7D. It does exactly what I was after and lots more, great plugin.

Thanks for the help.