Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

No sound how to record to loopy HD problem solved

edited July 2022 in Loopy Pro

hello,

I bought Audiobus today and have a problem and a question.

My problem:

I use Audiobus on an iPad Air 2. As input I have GarageBand, Anytune, SessionBand (acoustic, blues and original) and Loopy HD. On the output I have GarageBand en loopy HD. Quite simple!

When I have one of the SessionBand app and Loopy HD as an input I have no sound. When have Anytune as input I have low sound and no volumecontrol.

What am I doing wrong?

My Question

I bought Audiobus to use it for input for the SessionBand apps and output in loopy HD or GarageBand (hoped for input to Anytune, but see that is not possible).

How can I get a good loop from SessionBand to loopyHD. When I put on the record-knob it directly starts recording and I can not start the SessionBand app that fast. So in the loop there is a lot of silence. Not good for the loop. How can I set this correctly?

Can someone help me?
Thanks
Greetings
Jan

Comments

• Probably easiest to just export the loops from the session band apps

• @JanBalk said:
    hello,

I bought Audiobus today and have a problem and a question.

My problem:

I use Audiobus on an iPad Air 2. As input I have GarageBand, Anytune, SessionBand (acoustic, blues and original) and Loopy HD. On the output I have GarageBand en loopy HD. Quite simple!

When I have one of the SessionBand app and Loopy HD as an input I have no sound. When have Anytune as input I have low sound and no volumecontrol.

What am I doing wrong?

My Question

I bought Audiobus to use it for input for the SessionBand apps and output in loopy HD or GarageBand (hoped for input to Anytune, but see that is not possible).

How can I get a good loop from SessionBand to loopyHD. When I put on the record-knob it directly starts recording and I can not start the SessionBand app that fast. So in the loop there is a lot of silence. Not good for the loop. How can I set this correctly?

Can someone help me?
    Thanks
    Greetings
    Jan

It will be easier to help you if you screen record your setup and what isn’t working.

Also, I would get each of the pieces working before putting it all together. Like , first figure out your sessionband to loopyHD issue without the additional GarageBand complication.

Can sessionband’s transport be started from audiobus’s floating palette/transport?

• Thanks Bianca and Espiegel for your reaction.

Bianca, you are wright, if I hat know that, Audiobus was not necessary. But it is an nice program and for the future many useful.

Espiegel.

When I start Audiobus I have no volume-control anymore. When I start SessionBand in Audiobus as input, I can hear low sound (no volume-control). When I start Loopy HD as output I have no sound anaymore for SessionBand. There is sound from the output (loopy HD).

When I start play at the input side from SessionBand I can not hear anything but I can record it in loopy HD and there is sound (no volume control). Making a good loop is difficult this way and many better to use Bianca’s advice, but Audiobus should work. That’s why I bought it.

BTW I can not see any floating palette/transport. Many that’s the problem?

I hope this give you some more information to give me some advice

Thanks

Jan

• Thanks Bianca and Espiegel for your reaction.

Bianca, you are wright, if I hat know that, Audiobus was not necessary. But it is an nice program and for the future many useful.

Espiegel.

When I start Audiobus I have no volume-control anymore. When I start SessionBand in Audiobus as input, I can hear low sound (no volume-control). When I start Loopy HD as output I have no sound anaymore for SessionBand. There is sound from the output (loopy HD).

When I start play at the input side from SessionBand I can not hear anything but I can record it in loopy HD and there is sound (no volume control). Making a good loop is difficult this way and many better to use Bianca’s advice, but Audiobus should work. That’s why I bought it.

BTW I can not see any floating palette/transport. Many that’s the problem?

I hope this give you some more information to give me some advice

Thanks

Jan

It looks like SessionBand only sends its output to an IAA host. It doesn't support IAA sync or transport controls.

I am not experiencing any problems with sound output when it is loaded in Audiobus. If you are sending the output to Loopy HD, did you turn on Loopy's monitoring? My guess is that monitoring is turned off in Loopy. Turn it on and you should hear the output.

If you have SessionBand and Loopy HD loaded in Audiobus, you can control Loopy from Audiobus' floating palette as shown in the picture.

• Make sure you have enabled Local Network permission for all these apps. It is required for any Inter-App Audio (IAA) connections.

• @uncledave said:
    Make sure you have enabled Local Network permission for all these apps. It is required for any Inter-App Audio (IAA) connections.

Most likely monitoring isn’t on in loopy hd…the default might be off.

• Hi Folks,

It is working. Thanks for your advice.

What is weird, in mine opinion, is that all the SessionBand apps are not on the list in the main menu settings from apple. At least i Could not find them. To change the item in “ enable local network” I could not find. I should be enable I think.

IT works! Thanks again.😀👍

Greetings
    Jan

• @JanBalk said:
    Hi Folks,

What is weird, in mine opinion, is that all the SessionBand apps are not on the list in the main menu settings from apple. At least i Could not find them. To change the item in “ enable local network” I could not find. I should be enable I think.

Greetings
    Jan

An app does not appear in that list until it has requested network access (and been allowed or denied). So you have to open the SessionBand apps for them to make that request.

• @JanBalk said:
    Hi Folks,

Greetings
    Jan

please edit the thread title to indicate that the issue has been solved