Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Path - New Sequencer = New Direction

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/new-path-2d-music-sequencer/id1573431316

Not yet bought this squencer but it looks amazing. I had something simular on Ableton but that was before my Mac pegged it.
This seems very promising, modular, with included sounds and connects to midi and audiobus.

Comments

• Just bought only downside so far is it is not landscape and my set is rigged for landscape.

• @Toastedghost said:
    Just bought only downside so far is it is not landscape and my set is rigged for landscape.

Edit…
    Will work in landscape but does not use full screen, made for iphone format.

• Unlike so many apps this come with a wealth of presets.
    Looks like this will take sometime to master, not yet tried with midi, but already blows my mind.

• Looks very interesting, right up my alley. Off to find more videos

• edited June 2022

@RJB said:
    Looks very interesting, right up my alley. Off to find more videos

https://www.studiothezooo.com/tutorials/

• Downside, loads as a standalone and will not play in the background. Can connect to Aum and play midi, which can be all sent to 1 channel or multipule channels.
    Plus points.
    The whole grid can be randomised including arrow dirrection, choice of arrows and pitches etc.
    Reminds me slightly of Cracklefields which is a vst for Ableton Live.

• A little experiment with New Path

Hope you like it

• Very nice! This reminds me a bit to the exotic music of Lex Baxter (especially the chosen sounds)

• Wish it was Au

• Amazing creative possibilities only iOS can give. Looks exciting!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Wish it was Au

Second that.
    Works in Audiobus. In Sample playback mode only on one channel, but if placed in Midi first slot each shape becomes a channel.
    Just waiting ‘til Leo, Doug or Gavinski do a full tutorial.

• Shapes in New Path can be treated as midi ports inside Audiobus. These ports can then drive synths and drum machines, etc.

• RJBRJB
    edited July 2022

@Toastedghost said:
    Downside, loads as a standalone and will not play in the background. Can connect to Aum and play midi, which can be all sent to 1 channel or multipule channels.
    Plus points.
    The whole grid can be randomised including arrow dirrection, choice of arrows and pitches etc.

@Toastedghost Finally picked this up and so far I’m enjoying it, it’s pretty deep. One thing that’s tripping me up is when sending midi to AUM. The sound is silent when AUM is in the foreground but works when I go back to New Path with AUM is in bg. Any work arounds?

• @RJB said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Downside, loads as a standalone and will not play in the background. Can connect to Aum and play midi, which can be all sent to 1 channel or multipule channels.
    Plus points.

@Toastedghost Finally picked this up and so far I’m enjoying it, it’s pretty deep. One thing that’s tripping me up is when sending midi to AUM. The sound is silent when AUM is in the foreground but works when I go back to New Path with AUM is in bg. Any work arounds?

Yes, I had the same trouble. The answer though is simple. Hopfully you have Audiobus. Open Audiobus and on the midi page load New Path as an input. You set this up to midi out, or for each shape. Midi out is the easy one, select this and then on midi out select Aum destination. Press play on New Path and on midi control in Aum you should see that Aum is flashing. This means a signal is being sent. Chose Aum in midi control. In Aum you should now be able to pick a synth and it will can be driven from New Path. On the synth of your choice click on the hamburger menu and choose Aum destination. New Path will now trigger that synth. Each shape can be used as a midi source but that gets more complicated. However once you have Audiobus playing in the background then New Path also plays in the background.
    Hope this helps.

• Question: How do I get New Path into landscape mode? Thanks in advance.

• @Morgman73 said:
    Question: How do I get New Path into landscape mode? Thanks in advance.

Not yet possible. Requested.

• edited July 2022

nice. I especially liked the last thing with the felt piano in your second video.

another cool tool for iOS

• @Toastedghost said:

@RJB said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Plus points.

Yes, I had the same trouble. The answer though is simple. Hopfully you have Audiobus. Open Audiobus and on the midi page load New Path as an input. You set this up to midi out, or for each shape. Midi out is the easy one, select this and then on midi out select Aum destination. Press play on New Path and on midi control in Aum you should see that Aum is flashing. This means a signal is being sent. Chose Aum in midi control. In Aum you should now be able to pick a synth and it will can be driven from New Path. On the synth of your choice click on the hamburger menu and choose Aum destination. New Path will now trigger that synth. Each shape can be used as a midi source but that gets more complicated. However once you have Audiobus playing in the background then New Path also plays in the background.
    Hope this helps.

@Toastedghost Audiobus, I haven’t used it in years! But yes that did it, thanks for your help!

• @gusgranite Thanks man. Ya that’ll be good once it’s able to be in landscape.

• I’m sure this was £12.99 when it came out a month ago 🤔
    It’s now £5.99 , time to buy

• @barabajagal said:
    I’m sure this was £12.99 when it came out a month ago 🤔

Yes it was discounted.

• @barabajagal said:
    I’m sure this was £12.99 when it came out a month ago 🤔

Go for it @barabajagal I’d be interested to see what you create. To use midi link through Audiobus and then into Aum works a treat.

• edited July 2022

Seems pretty much the same concept as Senode.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Simular and at the same time very different. Senode does not have its own instruments. The random options are greater in New Path. Senode takes longer to design. New Path has prests that can be triggered.

• Updated with auv3 ipa but was free for me, not sure why. Very deep sequencer and great fun inside AUM!

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Same concept different execution...

• @Toastedghost said:

@RJB said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Plus points.

Hope this helps.

Just use as an auv3 would be the simple solution no? But yeah the devs should definitely fix that

• Yes, that’s the update, now an auv3 app!

• @RJB said:
    Yes, that’s the update, now an auv3 app!

Ah yeah, i didn't notice how old the post I was replying to was 😂 thnx

• so does anyone know how to do midi cc out ? is it a separate in app purchase. i am trying to send a midi cc out but the cc parameters done seem to be getting sent out in the AUV version. i’ve watched the tutorials. no luck.
    anybody got this to work yet. i am basically just trying to have it send a midi cc out to open a filter in my synth app