Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shocking SweetWater sale Neova Ring midi controller $99! But Enhancia bankrupt and Out of stock

Comments

• edited July 2022

@johnfromberkeley you click the ring into the hub (two tiny prongs on the back of the ring need to snap in). If you double tap and hold the upper right button it will give state of charge. All solid green is fully charged (I think) You can google the online manual. Did you download the dashboard?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @johnfromberkeley you click the ring into the hub (two tiny prongs on the back of the ring need to snap in). If you double tap and hold the upper right button it will give state of charge. All solid green is fully charged (I think) You can google the online manual. Did you download the dashboard?

I got the manual. But it does not tell me what blinking red is. What does blinking red mean in the left corner light? And where would I see the green light?

• edited July 2022

deleted

• edited July 2022

@LinearLineman said:

This is the droid I was looking for:

• @flo424 said:
    And you need to choose carefully the right ring size out of the box, because you can not change it afterwards.

And, yet, further down, the manual says that you can release the stone from the ring. Has anyone tried this?

I accidentally snapped the stone into the ring before trying different sizes, and buy some crazy good luck, I happened to pick the right size.

But it seems like it would reduce the resale value, and it also means you can’t even transfer it between users.

• @johnfromberkeley the manual tell you how to click it out of the ring.

I think this means fully charged

• edited July 2022

This explains why the sale price is so good, I guess, the company has gone under. https://sites.google.com/view/enhancia-website/home

But the new Roland branding for distribution is interesting… I wonder if they are somehow involved now and this a strange between time? Maybe not, since the Roland announcement was in January and Enhancia’s bankruptcy announcement was in April.

They say in the note that all the software will be open sourced, but the repository is still empty.

The downloads for the existing software are here now, and worked fine for me. https://sites.google.com/view/enhancia-website/help-center

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    How do you charge these things? I put mine on the stand, and the red LED just keeps blinking.

Did you get yours working? Mine has also been blinking red for several hours

• @Peetlett said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    How do you charge these things? I put mine on the stand, and the red LED just keeps blinking.

Did you get yours working? Mine has also been blinking red for several hours

Never mind. I changed where I was charging it, and now it's working

• Thanks @sonosaurus. I’ve been searching for that!

• Did anyone get the hub upgrade to work (to 1.5) - it’s listed in the dashboard but I can’t click on the upgrade button

• Ok- seems that you need to charge it before upgrading. It’s upgrading now

• I had a session use Ring for vibrato and pitch bend… I thought no that’s the low hanging fruit. Wiggle hand =. I rather that’s more natural that the velocity keyboard finger wiggle. The pitch bend by tilting side to side is also pretty natural but both work best with one handed keyboard/surface note selections. It’s a huge benefit for the interval based Samchillan/Meesha Mozaic input scripts.

I can see the I might switch the ring to the left hand since the right is tied down pressing notes limiting the wiggle and tilting gestures.

• @McD,indeed, folks use it on their free hand. Haven’t tried mine out yet.

• I got an idea about attaching it to another part of my body but the rings supplied are too… wait for it… large. It falls off when I stand up.

Thinking about one of those holes in an ear lobe.

I tried a toe but I look like a poodle with fleas when I use excess vibrato.

I’m experimenting with using just the core electronics as body art using Crazy Glue. It should fall off in a week or two.

• edited August 2022

Hi all, unfortunately late to this party by about a month, but am still considering picking this thing up from Reverb. I can access all the downloads on the site (https://sites.google.com/view/enhancia-website/download) except the most important one: the WINDOWS installer for the Neova Dashboard. Get a ToS violation error from Google Sites.

Does someone have that saved by any chance and able to share? Definitely don't want to purchase it without the key software. Also what happened to the promise of open-sourcing the software? The git repo looks completely empty.

This looks like such a unique / great tool, such a shame the company went under!

• edited August 2022

@jiten said:
    Hi all, unfortunately late to this party by about a month, but am still considering picking this thing up from Reverb. I can access all the downloads on the site (https://sites.google.com/view/enhancia-website/download) except the most important one: the WINDOWS installer for the Neova Dashboard. Get a ToS violation error from Google Sites.

Does someone have that saved by any chance and able to share? Definitely don't want to purchase it without the key software. Also what happened to the promise of open-sourcing the software? The git repo looks completely empty.

This looks like such a unique / great tool, such a shame the company went under!

Dude, I have the same issue!!
    I just built a PC and I'm trying to install the Windows version.

Someone on Reddit also had the same issue.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/vz3nl4/neova_ring_looking_for_the_software

A commenter just 2 weeks ago was able to install an older Windows installer and update it to the latest version, but like the comments suggest I also got a 403 error on each one. Here's the old page with the old installers:
    https://sites.google.com/enhancia.co/dev/download

I emailed Enhancia to see if they could fix the link(s) or provide us the latest installer. Hopefully they'll get back to us soon.

If anyone in the meantime has a copy of an installer, please help some bros out :)

• I think Enhancia closed their office. That’s why we got the fire sale. I hope someone makes a Virtual Box image that can be booted to help you guys out. I made such an image to update a Korg Bluetooth keyboard but it didn’t work using the virtual USB port to detect the keyboard. I ended up keeping the keyboard for it’s light keybed and will use it with USB cabling to the ipad.

• @XRaptor said:

@jiten said:

Dude, I have the same issue!!
    I just built a PC and I'm trying to install the Windows version.

Someone on Reddit also had the same issue.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/vz3nl4/neova_ring_looking_for_the_software

A commenter just 2 weeks ago was able to install an older Windows installer and update it to the latest version, but like the comments suggest I also got a 403 error on each one. Here's the old page with the old installers:
    https://sites.google.com/enhancia.co/dev/download

I emailed Enhancia to see if they could fix the link(s) or provide us the latest installer. Hopefully they'll get back to us soon.

If anyone in the meantime has a copy of an installer, please help some bros out :)

@sonosaurus posted this link which still works for Mac and Windows, I think.

• This (https://sites.google.com/view/enhancia-website/download ) used to work, and does for many of the items, but apparently NOT the windows dashboard... unfortunately I did not download the windows version before or I would gladly share it.

• Ugh, I usually save down all my installers out of habit as part of my backup drive. I hope there is someone else out there who does the same and can help us out!

I actually do own a Macbook Air, can I use that to configure the device (since I can download the mac installer) and then use it normally with a windows computer with the configuration saved? Any downsides to that?

• @jiten said:
    Ugh, I usually save down all my installers out of habit as part of my backup drive. I hope there is someone else out there who does the same and can help us out!

I actually do own a Macbook Air, can I use that to configure the device (since I can download the mac installer) and then use it normally with a windows computer with the configuration saved? Any downsides to that?

No. You use the host app to override the default settings for the 4 gestures. You can actually use the product out of the box since it will declare itself as a MIDI source in apps like AUM.

I expect there's a manual that documents the default settings. I'd re-map the defaults using something like Mozaic myself. The defaults are probably the best but you may have difference preferences.

It is fun to have the app to tweak the ranges of the various gestures but again totally re-mapable using Mozaic. But try the Mac installer and make up your own mind. It's too bad the product did sell well but the business model was rather risky at the price point and with the number of folks willing to fork out the cash for a niche MIDI modulation device. I do love rocking my hand from side to side to generate a SWAM Cello vibrato. Nothing is quite like it for expressive soloing. I haven't really liked with the hand tilting for app volume control... you need to have a free hand to do that and my keyboard style tends to be 2 handed.

The requirement of the USB base station makes it studio worthy but kind of a drag for mobile IOS uses.

• edited August 2022

All right guys, I managed to get the 1.00 Windows installer from someone on Facebook who had posted on the Neova page (what a life-saver!) And then that installer let me download the 1.07 installer.

Anyways I saved it all down here for others:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1v72T0jO__y-6Bp6XBHcc2NvPaCEBcwno?usp=sharing

Has anyone tried/compared this vs. Genki Wave? Had picked that up in the meantime and am still within the 30-day return period so not too late to switch over.

• @jiten, there’s some guy who bought a few and is selling them for $200 on Reverb or eBay.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @jiten, there’s some guy who bought a few and is selling them for $200 on Reverb or eBay.

Buy cheap. Sell dear. It's a basic rule of business. They will become collectables and scarcity will only serve to raise the asking price. Anyone that has worked this controller into their creative flow will probably appreciate a replacement or back up at some point.

I personally have been really bad at sell my stuff for market value. I have gifted a lot of equipment to people I knew would use them... like music educators, music students needing
    a guitar type they don't own, etc. It makes me feel great to pay a lot of my acquisitions forward since many people helped me in my younger days with acts of kindness and they would appreciate knowing I followed their example.

• Just want to pop in here to express gratitude to you all for making me aware of this ring / sale, I purchased it during the sale and love it so much. I have been super excited about different tools for making music & motion sequencing through expressive movement, including touche, seaboard block, holonist (which I also discovered from lurking these forums), and this is a fantastic addition. Such a shame the company went under, wishing them success in their future endeavors.

• @nod_rog said:
    Just want to pop in here to express gratitude to you all for making me aware of this ring / sale, I purchased it during the sale and love it so much. I have been super excited about different tools for making music & motion sequencing through expressive movement, including touche, seaboard block, holonist (which I also discovered from lurking these forums), and this is a fantastic addition. Such a shame the company went under, wishing them success in their future endeavors.

Lol, SweetWater is selling Neova demos for $300+. They obviously made a pricing error at $100. They didn’t realize the scarcity would make them more desirable. We lucked out for once.

• @LinearLineman said:

@nod_rog said:
    Just want to pop in here to express gratitude to you all for making me aware of this ring / sale, I purchased it during the sale and love it so much. I have been super excited about different tools for making music & motion sequencing through expressive movement, including touche, seaboard block, holonist (which I also discovered from lurking these forums), and this is a fantastic addition. Such a shame the company went under, wishing them success in their future endeavors.

Lol, SweetWater is selling Neova demos for $300+. They obviously made a pricing error at $100. They didn’t realize the scarcity would make them more desirable. We lucked out for once.

I’m going to wait for the price to find it’s peak… is there an app for that? Like pointing out the next 25X stock? I hit a 25X stock once… good times and I bought it with the companies money. Long story but a good one. A friend hit on a 20X stock and just held it until it dropped back down and yet got the tax bill for the highest price. Long story. But a good one. Google Stock options and how the IRS treats them… they consider the capital gain to be ordinary income and it must be paid from day one of the vesting. Long story… my friend had to get a loan to pay the state/US taxes. It was a sore point for him and he was a bit of a conspiracy nut after that. I expected him to go postal at some point but he just went off and made another fortune with a start up and managed it a bit better. Long story.

• @LinearLineman said:

@nod_rog said:

Oh wow!! Yes I think they must have assumed Enhancia went out of business / didn't sell because of poor quality- but it seems like they just didn't have enough advertising capacity to get the word out.

• Enhances probably got them to buy the remaining inventory since they did close their doors and send everyone to look for new jobs.

Sweeter Water offered the products they got at a sweet price of $100 (80% off). After meeting the requests they stopped the sale and have some remaking and re-priced at $300+.

Some start-ups fail. At $500 with enough customers they would have been able to make a 2nd product (I’m assuming this was their one and only product to date).

I had a company stop me as I was going out that I needed to go to the school and pack up all the computers to return to Apple and that today would be my last day… later they asked if I could visit some more schools because a lot of teachers decided that yesterday would be there last day and “fuck you too”.

It was a start-up doing “ Computer Camps” using loaded Apple Computers from Apple to inculcate young minds on Apple Logo.
    Long live the graphic “Turtle”:

To Box
    Repeat 4 times
    fd 100
    Rt 90

To Spiral
    Repeat 36
    Rt 10
    :Box