Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you listening to? Is it good?

Comments

• edited June 2022

Not really.

Just a beatcutter session.

I need some speakers.

• I’m listening to a few different artists. I consider each very good. First band I will mention is Thou. Very heavy slow music with tortured vocals. Been digging their full length Peasant and the covers on A Primer of Holy Words.

of July cover

Next band are a techno duo known as Giant Swan whom most would call “gritty techno”. from Do Not Be Afraid Of Tenderness EP.

Last but certainly not least is a friend, who delivers that sweet funky synth wave music. Mythical Vigilante. Here is link for Dr. Claw.

• Just came across this one by accident: jazz piano and fretless classical guitar duet (plus a touch of atmospheric vocal towards the end). Amazingly good:

• It is not good.
    It is divine.

• @Lurcher said:

Things like this drive my will to live.

• Not new but new to me

• edited July 2022

@Poppadocrock said:
    Love this album - been listening to it again.

Chris Whitley

Soft Dangerous Shores

Wanted to add the music. Even though this is supposed to be a playlist of the album it is missing a song or two. Nonetheless you can listen to most of this brilliant singer, guitar player, songwriter.

• The album cover reminds me of the Spirit Bomb or the Arch-vile.

• @Poppadocrock said:

Chris Whitley

Soft Dangerous Shores

Great selection.
    I love everything the man ever did. A brilliant and unique artist.

• @cuscolima said:
    Not new but new to me

Mr Winston and Mr Cave directed by John Hillcoat is hard to beat.

• Nick Cave Interview - Clip from Karen Dalton: In My Own Time

Karen Dalton - Something On Your Mind

• @JeffChasteen said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Chris Whitley

Soft Dangerous Shores

Great selection.

Definitely. I feel like he never got the attention he deserved such an amazing talent.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Chris Whitley

Soft Dangerous Shores

Great selection.

Definitely. I feel like he never got the attention he deserved such an amazing talent.

There’s a doc on YouTube called dust radio that’s pretty good. He apparently invented the metal slide that had one side cut out except for a small band so he could easily flip it around mixing slide guitar and regular playing. Out of bicycle handlebars usually.

• I will always be astounded at just how damn good this sounds

• , > > @JeffChasteen said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Chris Whitley

Soft Dangerous Shores

Great selection.

Much to his record company’s (I believe it was A&M) frustration, he refused to play the “Here’s the hot young electric blues singer/player from Texas!” game. I’m pretty certain that was their plan for him, but he chose to pursue his own weird and wonderful path.
    Oh…and it can’t be said enough; fuck cancer.

• The lyrics of this song are said to sound different to different people. (The official said "The heart to believe keeps me alive." is correct.)

• Domi and JD Beck

• @JeffChasteen said:

, > > @JeffChasteen said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Chris Whitley

Soft Dangerous Shores

Great selection.

Much to his record company’s (I believe it was A&M) frustration, he refused to play the “Here’s the hot young electric blues singer/player from Texas!” game. I’m pretty certain that was their plan for him, but he chose to pursue his own weird and wonderful path.
    Oh…and it can’t be said enough; fuck cancer.

Right on. I didn’t know that little factoid; And agreed.

• There are 2 milestones in EDM/Techno/House where i always come back to. It never get's me bored.

• edited July 2022

One of my all time favorite singers is Otis Redding, somehow this particular track eluded me until somewhat recently. Beautiful.
    Otis Redding - You Don’t Miss Your Water

• Sorry if it has already been posted here but this is just the best rendition of this song ever... I mean, even Prince would agree with me...or not, but he is no more here to disagree and the absentees are always wrong anyway

• @cuscolima
    It's nice.
    I like this one too.

• Ed Wynne’s new album Tumbling through the Floativerse. ❤️👍

• In researching a new guitar, 7 string multi-scale, I followed an article about other-than-male guitarists with permanent signature guitars, a pathetically small percentage of signature guitars. Anyway, I stumbled across this band:

And some of their earlier work:

• edited July 2022

@Poppadocrock said:
    One of my all time favorite singers is Otis Redding, somehow this particular track eluded me until somewhat recently. Beautiful.
    Otis Redding - You Don’t Miss Your Water

The man could sing the Dow Jones Report and bring it to life.
    You Don’t Miss Your Water is a fantastic song covered by everyone from the Byrds to Brian Eno.
    I am partial to William Bell’s original version. Great churchy piano.