Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Psychorama : Steel Guitar Pro, Tone Stack Pro, Rock Drum Machine, Rhino, Mixbox, Pure Acid, etc.

edited July 2022 in Creations

I've been really excited by all the ways everyone has been using SGP from Yonac. Thought I would take a stab at it in my own weird way. Hope you like. Thanks for watching.
Music made with Steel Guitar Pro, Tone Stack Pro, Rock Drum Machine, Rhino, Mixbox, Pure Acid, and MelodyBud. Recorded in AUM. Mixed in Cubasis 3.
Public Domain video from "Gerald Mohr Explains Psychorama" via the Internet Archive.
Video and Audio arranged in Hitfilm Express.

Comments

• edited July 2022

Awesome stuff! Are you sequencing SGP? Love the drums and that acid bass 🤩 bringing me back to the 90s haha.

• @HotStrange said:
    Awesome stuff! Are you sequencing SGP? Love the drums and that acid bass 🤩 bringing me back to the 90s haha.

Thanks @HotStrange!
    Yes. I had 2 instances, one being controlled by MelodyBud, the other with the bass output from an instance of Pure Acid. Ran both through various Tone Stack Pro filters and one through Rhino. Works a lot like my AudioLayer set up but gIves me different tones to play with.
    Thanks for listening!

• This was called subliminal advertising, right? Great riff.

• @LinearLineman said:
    This was called subliminal advertising, right? Great riff.

Thanks @LinearLineman!
    Subliminal advertisement and in this case a film that used it to " heighten your excitement". This one pairs with my video"Truth in Advertising (Control)" as a sort of critique on media and influencers and echo chambers, everyone getting their own view of the world filtered through whatever lens suits them. It's a topic that interests me.
    Thanks as always for watching and listening!

• Had to sign in to leave props. Excellent stuffs!

• @MadeofWax you have seen Roshomon, of course.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @MadeofWax you have seen Roshomon, of course.

I have not, but based on its description, that is something I intend to remedy. Thanks for the recommendation!

• @phonokinetic said:
    Had to sign in to leave props. Excellent stuffs!

Thank you @phonokinetic !

• This is great! I enjoyed very second.

• edited July 2022

@Paulieworld said:
    This is great! I enjoyed very second.

Glad you liked it Paul. Having a little extra time with the holiday gave me the inspiration to go a little crazy with this one. Thanks for watching and listening!

• Brainwashing.
    I agree with LinearLineman, great riff.
    Rene

• Great track @MadeofWax , it’s amazing how people can use the same apps and get completely different results.
    Loved the ending, made me smile👍

• @GeoTony said:
    Great track @MadeofWax , it’s amazing how people can use the same apps and get completely different results.
    Loved the ending, made me smile👍

Thanks GeoTony!
    I agree. We all bring our own style to these apps. I'm always excited when new apps are popular around here just to see how everyone puts their unique spin on them.
    Thanks again for listening!

• I really love the experimental nature of this piece. Reminds me of my childhood when I'd watch heavy metal music videos on this one free TV channel from a couple towns over on the old analogue CRT. It's how I discovered Marilyn Manson.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I really love the experimental nature of this piece. Reminds me of my childhood when I'd watch heavy metal music videos on this one free TV channel from a couple towns over on the old analogue CRT. It's how I discovered Marilyn Manson.

Thank you @jwmmakerofmusic!
    I'm definitely influenced by the MTV/ Night Flight videos from the 80s and early 90s. I'm really grateful for YouTube. It's helped revive the music video as an art form and given everyone with a passion for that sort of thing a platform. Thanks for watching and listening!

• @MadeofWax said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I really love the experimental nature of this piece. Reminds me of my childhood when I'd watch heavy metal music videos on this one free TV channel from a couple towns over on the old analogue CRT. It's how I discovered Marilyn Manson.

Thank you @jwmmakerofmusic!
    I'm definitely influenced by the MTV/ Night Flight videos from the 80s and early 90s. I'm really grateful for YouTube. It's helped revive the music video as an art form and given everyone with a passion for that sort of thing a platform. Thanks for watching and listening!

Of course mate! :) And I KNEW the piece was inspired by those Night Flight music videos because of the dose of nostalgia it gave me.

Yes, your piece here gave me nostalgia for my preteen years when I used to watch those "darker" videos late at night. I've discovered so much amazing music that would freak out my then Catholic parents including the aforementioned Marilyn Manson (although he's a douche in real life), Drowning Pool, Rammstein, even Faithless with "We Come One". I'd have to listen at a low volume so my parents wouldn't hear the lyrics (or that I was up at midnight watching "such filth" 🤣 on a school night).

Youtube has definitely reinvigorated the artform of the music video. For instance, take the controversial "Montero" music video by Lil Nas X. Sure the lyrics to the song might be basic and simple, but the video is a stunning creative colourful masterpiece. The aesthetic of the visuals and content strangely reminds me of those "satanic" heavy metal videos of the late 90s/early 00s, but instead of a dark and gritty muted colour aesthetic, Lil Nas X uses bright and saturated colours for the mise-en-scene. (And much in the same vein as those heavy metal videos, Lil Nas X gives a big middle finger to religion just doing what he does, like "if I'm going to Hell, I might as well make the most of it". 🤣 )

And let's not forget Lady Gaga's incredibly creative music videos throughout her entire career, especially "Telephone" where she channels her inner Tarantino (and even rides in the Pussywagon). Or even Leo Moracchioli's cover of "Thriller"...

He covered Michael Jackson's song better than Alien Ant Farm did "Smooth Criminal" in my own opinion.

Anyways, back to the topic of your song and video. :) It was a great trip down memory lane for me.