Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - July 2022

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine

Comments

• My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

You reached out, you touched my face
    You told me I was a disgrace
    That I caused so much sorrow
    I left you feeling hollow

How? You ask me, can this be true?
    You know me, and I think that I know you too

I wanted to tell you that something was wrong
    But what can I say when I’m feeling so dumb?
    So I threw you away
    I regret it every day
    There’s just one thing I can say
    I’m sorry I’m sorry

You called me out, you said to me
    I treated you so callously
    I was never faithful
    Loving me was painful

Why? You ask me, can’t I be true?
    You hurt me and that means I just can’t trust you

So I threw you away
    I regret it every day
    I’m sorry I’m sorry

So I wasn’t with you, I wasn’t there
    I wasn’t with you because I didn’t care

So I threw you away
    I regret it every day
    I’m sorry I’m sorry

I’m sorry

• finally started a soundcloud account, so here is my entry for July!

Spotify

Bandcamp

• This is a music track that I improvised on an iPad with TC-Data as the MIDI interface.

I used Bome Network software to bring the MIDI notes into Bitwig Studio on a desktop PC. There the MIDI notes were fed into Native Instruments Lores for the singing voices. And I used two instances of the TAL-U-NO-LX synth and one instance of the Alchemy synth for the background instruments.

After bringing the audio recording into Vegas Pro, I applied the Lurssen Mastering Console plug-in to the audio mix.

It's titled Almost Evening.

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

You reached out, you touched my face
    You told me I was a disgrace
    That I caused so much sorrow
    I left you feeling hollow

How? You ask me, can this be true?
    You know me, and I think that I know you too

So I threw you away
    I regret it every day
    I’m sorry I’m sorry

You called me out, you said to me
    I treated you so callously
    I was never faithful
    Loving me was painful

Why? You ask me, can’t I be true?
    You hurt me and that means I just can’t trust you

So I threw you away
    I regret it every day
    I’m sorry I’m sorry

So I wasn’t with you, I wasn’t there
    I wasn’t with you because I didn’t care

So I threw you away
    I regret it every day
    I’m sorry I’m sorry

I’m sorry

Nice straight forward rock/pop song, I like the guitar in the break around 1:45. Good arangement as always, and closing part of the song the bridge just before, is great!

• @DavidEnglish said:
    This is a music track that I improvised on an iPad with TC-Data as the MIDI interface.

I used Bome Network software to bring the MIDI notes into Bitwig Studio on a desktop PC. There the MIDI notes were fed into Native Instruments Lores for the singing voices. And I used two instances of the TAL-U-NO-LX synth and one instance of the Alchemy synth for the background instruments.

After bringing the audio recording into Vegas Pro, I applied the Lurssen Mastering Console plug-in to the audio mix.

very wide, full and medative music, nice with improvised, when the music sometimes decides which way to go.

• @martinsa82 said:
    finally started a soundcloud account, so here is my entry for July!

Spotify

Bandcamp

The percussion is great! I love the way it complements the soft piano and lends a lot of life to the track. Good arrangement too, the tension builds up nicely before the break in the middle and then builds again to a very satisfying ending using a different theme.

• here's mine/ours

• @DavidEnglish said:
    This is a music track that I improvised on an iPad with TC-Data as the MIDI interface.

Very chill and ethereal, the voices from Lores are particularly beautiful.

• Summer of love #1

Double Hat
    adapted from Paul Eluard - The Phoenix

I looked ahead of me
    In the crowd
    Among the wheat
    Under a tree

At the end of all my journeys
    At the bottom of all my torments
    At the turn of the laughter
    As I leave the fire

Summer and winter
    In my house
    In my arms
    In my dreams

I have seen you
    I have seen you

• @Kitusai said:
    Summer of love #1

Double Hat

I looked ahead of me
    In the crowd
    Among the wheat
    Under a tree

As I leave the fire

Summer and winter
    In my house
    In my arms
    In my dreams

I have seen you
    I have seen you

thats a nice and clean production! great work, voice/singing also fits perfectly to the instruments and the feeling of the song

• @Kitusai excellent production! Transparent.

• @richardyot good song. Which drums do you use?

• @Franketti said:
    @richardyot good song. Which drums do you use?

Thanks! The drums were performed/sequenced in Nanostusio 2.

I've made a bunch of custom kits in Slate using both free and commercial drum sample libraries. In this case I used a kit from Drum Drops called the Modern Folk Kit (I imported and mapped the samples manually, creating fake round robins by simply mapping some drums such as the snare to multiple pads and varying which pad is used.)

The great thing about Slate is you can map velocity to the Y axis, so you can get a lot of variation depending on where you hit the pad.

And of course with NS2's amazing piano roll it's very easy to edit the MIDI, fix timing issues and create variations:

• @richardyot thanks, very interesting!

• @Franketti said:
    @richardyot thanks, very interesting!

GarageBand is also very good if you want to create your own drum parts using the touch instrument drum kits, the only problem there is that it's a bit of a hassle to export the stems, so NS2 is more convenient in the end.

• Yes its a hassle. I did export a few additional percussion tracks.

• edited July 2022

Hi Guys.. Here's my contribution... This one been out a little while.. Though its one track.. I made 2 mixes of it, but the Soul Groove mix is the updated original from when i made this a couple of years ago.. Enjoy fellas.. ;)

• Good clubtrack! But I‘m old, I don‘t like these uumpf Kicks. Good production. I could not achieve this. Keep on!

• @prtr_jan said:
    here's mine/ours

nice beat and great production, a bit mysterious soundtrack feeling, building up to a nice ending, great!

• @studs1966 said:
    Hi Guys.. Here's my contribution... This one been out a little while.. Though its one track.. I made 2 mixes of it, but the Soul Groove mix is the updated original from when i made this a couple of years ago.. Enjoy fellas.. ;)

nice wibe, dancetrack with some soul feel? really nice production! radio ready! great work, I could listen to this friday night with a couple of beers, bumping my head 😀

• been awol for a while had COVID and wasn’t very productive. Anyway here’s my contribution for the month. I’ve updated the bass had this posted elsewhere on site but have no idea how to delete a post. I can kinda play guitar but can’t successfully use a forum lol I’m getting old

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/jULgUwswN1i6Gw219

• @Jmd8928 said:
    been awol for a while had COVID and wasn’t very productive. Anyway here’s my contribution for the month. I’ve updated the bass had this posted elsewhere on site but have no idea how to delete a post. I can kinda play guitar but can’t successfully use a forum lol I’m getting old

Great! What a jam session. I like the part after 3 minute mark, that contrast the previous part of more intense guitars. Its changing, and there are diffrent parts that makes it interesting all the time, This is great, like the other tracks I heard from you!

• @prtr_jan said:
    here's mine/ours

The atmosphere is great: dark, brooding, mysterious and edgy. It really evokes some gritty dark urban dystopia. The ending is a nice payoff, the additional synths create a very satisfying and subtle crescendo.

• @Kitusai said:
    Summer of love #1

Double Hat

I looked ahead of me
    In the crowd
    Among the wheat
    Under a tree

As I leave the fire

Summer and winter
    In my house
    In my arms
    In my dreams

I have seen you
    I have seen you

The intertwining guitars are really beautiful, and some of the leads are exquisite, I love the harmonics occasionally sprinkled in. Nice vocal, and the production is really top-notch, the guitars sparkle.

• @Jmd8928 said:
    been awol for a while had COVID and wasn’t very productive. Anyway here’s my contribution for the month. I’ve updated the bass had this posted elsewhere on site but have no idea how to delete a post. I can kinda play guitar but can’t successfully use a forum lol I’m getting old

Great technique, it's a meandering jam that covers a range of styles and shows off your versatility.

• @martinsa82 said:
    finally started a soundcloud account, so here is my entry for July!

Spotify

Bandcamp

Nice one. I love the piano, gosh I wish I could play one. Tracks like this make me want to experiment with some of the different sounds so many guys on this forum use. Nice work on your tune.

• @richardyot Excellent guitars and mood. I especially appreciate when your voices become choral and fly high. The discreet feminine spirals reinforce this airy flavor.

@martinsa82 The sounds are clear and precise. I agree with what is said about your track on Soundcloud: a slice of jazz, a much of blues. Very nice morning walk in fresh air.

@DavidEnglish Thanks for sharing your recipes with us :-) Nevertheless, the alchemy that emerges from these complex operations is as personal as it is successful.

@prtr_jan Very scary atmosphere. The sounds are original, the rhythmic is great. The repeat at 3:16 is cool. Music for a thriller!

@studs1966 Yes, good club track! I was just bothered by the very metronomic rhythm but maybe that's the rule in this style of music? Anyway it's very well done and the singer is great.

@Jmd8928 Again a very nice guitar exercise with a nice live feeling. 50 shades of strings.

• @richardyot
    Nice rock ‘n roll opening, which does a good job of setting the stage for the lyrics. Really like the low-key guitar between the verses, as well as the musical built-up at the 2:30 mark. One of your best.

@martinsa82
    This one has a bossa nova meets Keith Jarrett feel to it. A strong ebb and flow that gathers up musical motifs and instruments as it moves along. I especially like the electronic sounds around the three-minute mark.

@prtr_jan
    Dark and moody without being depressing. Strong beats give it a sense of purpose and direction. Opens up nicely at the 3:14 mark. Stays interesting throughout.

@Kitusai
    Lovely guitar work with delicious piano and bell-like frills. Melody and voice blend well with the instruments. But why so short? It fades out just as the ingredients are beginning to simmer.

@studs1966
    Great dance music. I’m always impressed by the excellent production quality of your songs.

@Jmd8928
    Powerful jam session. Never boring. Lively and driven as it glides and soars ever higher. Impressive and varied music.