Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What’s your night looking like?

Here’s mine. Note the Chroma Cable:

Comments

• My night is preparing to pick up our 8 week old whippet puppy, Bodhi Arlo, tomorrow in S.Carolina. That and watching left wing news.

• Gonna give the wife a foot rub while rewatching Veep, then go marinate the tuna steak I bought today for lunch tomorrow.

• I got about five episodes in… And I totally love it. Got busy… Didn’t get back to it. On my bucket list.

• @LinearLineman said:
    My night is preparing to pick up our 8 week old whippet puppy, Bodhi Arlo, tomorrow in S.Carolina. That and watching left wing news.

I had been wondering about the puppy. Looks like a great new addition to the family.

• After a successful piano gig, I'm playing videogames, hanging here, and plotting out my day tomorrow in the calendar app. Gotta fit in Ambient creation somewhere. 😉

• edited July 2022

I did Q Lab for the play in NYC that I’m working, our first night back after the last 3 days of shows were cancelled due to the air conditioning going down at the theater. Earlier today I finished mastering the last volume of the jazz albums I’ve been mixing and also did some logic editing for the piano teacher that I’m filming jazz theory lessons with.

@LinearLineman cute dog!!!! Congratulations!

@johnfromberkeley Holy Roli!

• Just got home from some summer street theatre. Good times.

• Work was good. Got home midnight. I’m Swiss machine operator in a large manufacturing facility. When trouble shooting is not required, it’s a lovely place to think of my iOS setup in an abstract way. The loud drone of all the high pressure pumps allow me to think in some way. I’m excited now to go hopefully prove some things out now that I’m at home. Time to disconnect. Have a good weekend.

@jwmmakerofmusic , piano gig too? I don’t dig ambient much but I see you’ve been busy. It’s people with your drive that help me get out of ruts.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic , piano gig too? I don’t dig ambient much but I see you’ve been busy. It’s people with your drive that help me get out of ruts.

Cheers mate. :) My favourite drive is FabFilter Saturn. Hope that helps. 😆 Kidding, kidding. In reality, until I started using my Google calendar app, I had no real drive or motivation to get anything done, always second-guessing when appointments happen, with about the only thing I'd remember to do being my gigs. 😬

Now I schedule most everything (including videogame time) and have been hella successful in keeping track of my days. I even set aside at least an hour daily for churning out some sort of sound. My "less inspired" pieces are usually when I only have an hour to complete something, and the better-sounding pieces are when I have a mostly free day and can set aside at least two hours (even if non-consecutively) to devote to my craft.

What I didn't schedule was jolting wide awake from a fucking nightmare featuring a disembodied roaring eyeball monster standing well over 2 meters tall. 😆

...well it was far more frightening and intense in the nightmare. You had to be there, lol. 🤣 And that is what my night/early morning is looking like. Think it's time I switch from producing Dark Ambient to something more tonal.

• Spending the weekend out of town with my girlfriend. Then back to work Monday. Trying to soak up a long weekend while I can. It’s miserably hot though and I am not built for the heat.

• @HotStrange said:
    Spending the weekend out of town with my girlfriend. Then back to work Monday. Trying to soak up a long weekend while I can. It’s miserably hot though and I am not built for the heat.

Where do you live?

• Just got home from a nice walk on the river trail. Going to lay on the bed for a couple hours. Then will use Maschine etc for a couple hours to end the night.

• Pretty much like this. Thanks for checking in!

• @Daveypoo said:

Pretty much like this. Thanks for checking in!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

Cheers mate. :) My favourite drive is FabFilter Saturn. Hope that helps. 😆 Kidding, kidding. In reality, until I started using my Google calendar app, I had no real drive or motivation to get anything done, always second-guessing when appointments happen, with about the only thing I'd remember to do being my gigs. 😬

Now I schedule most everything (including videogame time) and have been hella successful in keeping track of my days. I even set aside at least an hour daily for churning out some sort of sound. My "less inspired" pieces are usually when I only have an hour to complete something, and the better-sounding pieces are when I have a mostly free day and can set aside at least two hours (even if non-consecutively) to devote to my craft.

What I didn't schedule was jolting wide awake from a fucking nightmare featuring a disembodied roaring eyeball monster standing well over 2 meters tall. 😆

...well it was far more frightening and intense in the nightmare. You had to be there, lol. 🤣 And that is what my night/early morning is looking like. Think it's time I switch from producing Dark Ambient to something more tonal.

That is still pretty intense though, very cool!

• edited July 2022

I spent an hour building a 3-osc patch and sequencing a Scarlatti Sonata (G Major) using a single instance of the ButterSynth beta (all FX built-in) in the style of Wendy Carlos..

…then I built a 5-osc patch and did another one of the sonatas (1 instance of ButterSynth; all FX built-in)

• @tk32 said:
    I spent an hour building a 3-osc patch and sequencing a Scarlatti Sonata (G Major) using a single instance of the ButterSynth beta (all FX built-in) in the style of Wendy Carlos..

…then I built a 5-osc patch and did another one of the sonatas (1 instance of ButterSynth; all FX built-in)

Woah. Anything but her synth. Seriously, I love the 2nd sonata and the phaziness of it, along with the main body of the tone that you created. I don’t own BS cause I’m not ready for such a beast.

It’s obvious, that for you, these are exercises in sound design. Awesome.
    But what of the actual sonatas?
    Is this also an exercise in transcription and then sequencing ???
    Or are you reading sheet music and sequencing??
    Or do you already know how to play it by memory and are sequencing that way?

Either way, it doesn’t matter, it all sounds good and is an impressive feat regardless.

It occurs to me that it makes a lot of sense, the material you chose. My knowledge of classical musical history is mostly forgotten, but I think them types of sonatas were originally written for the harpsichord, right? And the harpsichord had no dynamic range. This leaves you the freedom to not have to fuzz with velocity, right?

• edited July 2022

Thanks @Blipsford_Baubie

The patches are all my own handiwork. The Sonata MIDI files I found via Google.

I did ride the mod wheel live during screen recording, if that counts for anything :D

And yes, they were written for harpsichord, which means i didn't have to worry about how to handle different velocities gracefully.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Now there is a pizza in the oven. Exciting!

• I spent all day recording a new live set in the woods on my Octatrack. It turned out ok, but I think I can do a lot better. Enjoying a nice Oude Geuze waiting for a pizza to be delivered, as I try not to be frustrated telling myself tomorrow is another day.

• Been sweating it out at work all week. Wish I could muster a bit of Drambo. Too tired though, it’s 4.15am. Tomorrow’s my day of hope to find some time to fool around.

• @AudioGus said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

That is still pretty intense though, very cool!

Thanks mate. :) Well, I sketched that in 30 minutes or less. I swear, I don't know what the fuck was in that mojito I drank yesterday, but MAN! What a nightmare. 😬

Well tonight, I'm basically goofing off since I already made my Ambient of the day earlier. So I spent some time Facetiming with an irl friend, and I have to get up hella early tomorrow (like 5am/5:30am), so no time for further creativity tonight (even though the creative bug is biting me hard and the temptation to open up AUM and create something is strong). I have to get up early to help out another irl friend, so by the time tomorrow night comes, I'll either be drunk or dead. 🤣

• @Tarekith said:
    I spent all day recording a new live set in the woods on my Octatrack. It turned out ok, but I think I can do a lot better. Enjoying a nice Oude Geuze waiting for a pizza to be delivered, as I try not to be frustrated telling myself tomorrow is another day.

I bet if you weren’t recording yourself, it would have been an awesome live set!

• @johnfromberkeley said:

I got about five episodes in… And I totally love it. Got busy… Didn’t get back to it. On my bucket list.

Hilarious show.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

I got about five episodes in… And I totally love it. Got busy… Didn’t get back to it. On my bucket list.

Hilarious show.

The Thick of It, by the same guy, is even better.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tonight, after playing some videogames, I'm going to dig into the Creations section and listen to and comment on some pieces until I fall asleep, lol.

• Editing pics from recent road trip // testing the new iPad Pro !

• Wonderful clarity on those pics @iOSTRAKON. Very Angel Adams!