Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRAMBO 2.0 is LIVE!!!

Comments

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Finally! It took so long. Downloading!

Not as long as it took Drambo 1.0 to come out lol

• What are formant in a nutshell? Oscillator that can produce human-like sounds? Not sure how to explain it.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    What are formant in a nutshell? Oscillator that can produce human-like sounds? Not sure how to explain it.

Exactly.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    What are formant in a nutshell? Oscillator that can produce human-like sounds? Not sure how to explain it.

Formants are overtones -- in speech, they often refer to overtones that give vowels their characteristics. In synths, they usually refer to filters or oscillators that capture these sorts of formants to achieve voice-like sounds.

In some context they refer to resonant overtones (for example, those overtones that give the characteristics of a resonant body).

Formant-based pitch-shifting may shift all the harmonics by the shifted amount but leave the resonances where they are -- which simulates what happens when we sing different pitches or different pitches are played on an instrument. As the string shortens the pitch goes up (as do all the harmonics) but some resonances at fixed pitches are amplified (if present in the vibrating string) because they are the result of the physical characteristics/size of the resonating body.

Hopefully that made sense.

• edited July 2022

BTW I just made a twin sampler rack providing 8 velocity layers, in case anyone's into creating custom instruments 😊

https://patchstorage.com/sampler-with-8-velocity-layers/

• edited July 2022

@rs2000 said:
    BTW I just made a twin sampler rack providing 8 velocity layers, in case anyone's into creating custom instruments 😊

Thanks. Trying it out you may notice it produces no sound out of the gate. Adding a mixer at the end of the rack fixed that.

(When I tested I only added samples for the VL section, then played notes with low velocity)

• edited July 2022

@bleep said:

@rs2000 said:

Thanks. Trying it out you may notice it produces no sound out of the gate. Adding a mixer at the end of the rack fixed that.

(When I tested I only added samples for the VL section, then played notes with low velocity)

Oh, you're right! I was too fast to notice 😄
    Gonna fix it soon.

Edit: Fixed in V1.1

• @drewinnit said:

@waka_x said:
    any demo on formant modules !?
    thnx

evokes some vintage goa trance memories

Indeed. That's pretty close being a part of an actual track!

Project file possible, please!!??

If I work something out with it I would post it here. (I'm just starting out).

• edited July 2022

I'd like to discuss the current piano roll and see how people feel about it when using long patterns.

@rs2000 I would be really grateful to have your opinion on that:

I was working the other day on long patterns (8 to 16 bars) and the piano roll really fails to change length of multiple notes. I've reported in the past that one needs to select around the notes (and not in the middle of them) and also to zoom a lot and, well... despite these workaround, most of the time, notes move around where I'd like to simply change their length. Also selecting whole notes is not always desirable.

I'm guessing most people test the piano roll with few bars/notes? It's a shame because it's really a new key feature of Drambo 2.0

I think we need to be able to lock the notes modifications to one of these at a time:
    - horizontal
    - vertical (i.e. transpose)
    - note length.

The complexity of coding this also seems reasonable to me, hoping I'm not wrong 😅

Nanostudio 2 for instance does this in a very smart way: select notes and buttons appear on the bottom (yellow on my screenshot) and right side (green).
    Holding the first button and dragging horizontally slides notes accordingly. The second button has the same idea for note lengths.

Of course another implementation (just locking values) would suit me well too 😁

Thank you for your time!

• @jsmonzani said:
    Nanostudio 2 for instance does this in a very smart way: select notes and buttons appear on the bottom (yellow on my screenshot) and right side (green).
    Holding the first button and dragging horizontally slides notes accordingly. The second button has the same idea for note lengths.

Of course another implementation (just locking values) would suit me well too 😁

Some people hate that method. I think it's great and would love to see it in every iOS piano roll.

• @jsmonzani
    Agreed. Note editing in the piano roll does need a few fixes.
    It's been reported already but I'm going to send a refresher 😊

• NS2 has the best piano roll for touch screen, I’d love some features like that

• @rs2000 said:
    @jsmonzani
    Agreed. Note editing in the piano roll does need a few fixes.
    It's been reported already but I'm going to send a refresher 😊

Thank you! I'm glad to see I'm not just a picky artist bothering you 😁👍

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    NS2 has the best piano roll for touch screen, I’d love some features like that

@wim

Really agree with you both, I think NS2 has a very quick and precise workflow.

• edited July 2022

Anyone else getting this small bug?

Reported to developer.

• Is it at this point somehow possible to latch a clip when wanting to p-lock multiple parameters instead of holding it down?

• @Max_Free said:

@drewinnit said:

@waka_x said:
    any demo on formant modules !?
    thnx

evokes some vintage goa trance memories

Indeed. That's pretty close being a part of an actual track!

Project file possible, please!!??

If I work something out with it I would post it here. (I'm just starting out).

I was just sharing that, the video is from Giku :)

• edited July 2022

Noob queston: what module do I need to play my oscillator here (C, C#, D, D#, E, F, etc.). Each keys of my midi controller gave me the same note.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Noob queston: what module do I need to play my oscillator here (C, C#, D, D#, E, F, etc.). Each keys of my midi controller gave me the same note.

MIDI input module in miRack, and then connect its v/oct output to the v/oct input in Macro Oscillator

• @Montreal_Music said:

You're sending MIDI to miRack. So, I think you need a miRack MIDI to CV converter, and send the CV to the osc.

• @Grandbear said:

@Montreal_Music said:

MIDI input module in miRack, and then connect its v/oct output to the v/oct input in Macro Oscillator

@Grandbear said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Bingo! Thank you.

• Ever thought of printing some Drambo t-shirts @giku_beepstreet ? I’d buy one instantly!

• Sample drag and drop: I see this working from the Files app to Poly 2 AU inside Drambo, and between Drambo internals (i.e. from Shot sampler to Flexisampler), but if I try to drag from Shot or Flexi (on track 2) to Poly 2 sample view (on track 1) I only get the green + symbol, but the sample is not actually added.

Is this a known issue? Is it a Drambo or Poly 2 issue?

• Good question...
    ...as I don't have Poly 2 could you try dragging a file from Drambo's File Manager (Top Right Hamburger > Files) to Poly 2?

You should be able to drag from Drambo (Flexi, Shot etc.) to Files.app and from there to Poly 2 in a worst case scenario.

I can with 'Universal Control' enabled drag from Flexi to desktop on my Mac so this could be a 'iOS Sandbox' issue.

Cheers!

• I had a hard time finding other apps supporting drag and drop :D But Tardigrain does, and there it worked. Must be a Poly 2 issue, I'll see if I can find a thread for reporting.

Btw, I think Poly 2 could be a great companion inside Drambo, esp. if this drag-and-drop would work. If one could drag straight from Flexisampler transient-detected slices then that would have been best.

• Hello, K-Devices Shaper 2 and TTAP loaded in Drambo are causing Drambo to crash. With K-Shaper 2, I had 4 parameters of its parameters mapped to scenes, and with TTAP just one. I haven't experienced this with any other apps other loaded in Drambo. In both cases Drambo was running standalone. My iPad is 5th gen, OS 13.3 (I don't see any reason to update to 15). Has anyone else had this happen?

• @ElectroHead said:
    Hello, K-Devices Shaper 2 and TTAP loaded in Drambo are causing Drambo to crash. With K-Shaper 2, I had 4 parameters of its parameters mapped to scenes, and with TTAP just one. I haven't experienced this with any other apps other loaded in Drambo. In both cases Drambo was running standalone. My iPad is 5th gen, OS 13.3 (I don't see any reason to update to 15). Has anyone else had this happen?

Have you contacted K-Devices?

• AUV3’s run better on more recent iOS versions due to improved memory management, just saying…

I’d rather see developers focus their energy on recent iOS versions rather that waste it on supporting old iOS versions with bugs that have been fixed in later updates…

• I haven't. I'll do that. > @Samu said:

AUV3’s run better on more recent iOS versions due to improved memory management, just saying…

I’d rather see developers focus their energy on recent iOS versions rather that waste it on supporting old iOS versions with bugs that have been fixed in later updates…

Thanks @Samu In other words, you're saying I should install the latest OS and this "might" fix the issue?

• Hey! Haha first post by long time lurker 😎

I’ve been trying to find an answer to the most basic question for days now.

The question: whEre do I find the find the file from recorded master channel of a jam in Drambo?? I’ve upgraded my iCloud and everything. Can’t find it anywhere! Haha heeelp

Love the forum 👻