Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Steel Gtr Pro from Yonac - setting sustain pedal?

Anyone know how this is done?

Tried under the advanced MIDI Learn section and set the control to 64 and tried 0-64-127 as the threshold setting, but nothing seems to work.

So yeah, any clues on how to get it to work would be appreciated.

Comments

• Not sure if this is what you are looking for but here I send a CC message to the various pedals (triggered by a note pressed and converted into a cc message)

• Thanks, but no, not what I was after.

• I get the ‘Damp’ button to go Red if I send 127 on CC64 on Channel 16.
    It goes White if I send 0 on CC64 on Channel 16.
    This is from GeoShred and confirmed by looking at StreamByter as below but should work from any source… does this help?

• McDMcD
    edited July 2022

@GeoTony said:
    I get the ‘Damp’ button to go Red if I send 127 on CC64 on Channel 16.
    It goes White if I send 0 on CC64 on Channel 16.
    This is from GeoShred and confirmed by looking at StreamByter as below but should work from any source… does this help?

Toggling that button impacts the internal app sounds for sustain/mute but does not make it process external MIDI with sustain.

I suspect the Mozaic/Streambyter solution will require holding back Note Off events and sending them in a batch for Sustain Pedal Up events. I recall making one of these and will see if I can find, test and post it.

The pseudo code for readability is:

If Sustain 64 127 set Sustain ON
     If Sustain ON then
       If Note Off event save then
          add Note to Note_array with index and increment index
       endif
       If Sustain 64 0 (this is a Pedal Up event) then
          Send batch of Note Off events using all the notes in the Note_array
          set Sustain OFF
       endif
     endif
    endif

• McDMcD
    edited July 2022

@Bryan (Appel) created a Mozaic script to add sustain to any synth that ignores it:

https://patchstorage.com/sustain-pedal/

It works great. Just route to Mozaic with it loaded and from Mozaic to Steel Guitar Pro all on channel 1. Channel 0 for programmers.